Bug Bug Reports
(2017-02-10, 22:32)f1rebox12 Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 21:46)DjCisco Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 03:15)f1rebox12 Wrote: Hi - using on amazon fire stick, installed Box this evening. Shut down the stick, started up later to watch a movie. Once Kodi opens up, I'm only seeing a blank blue screen (box screen) with the time and date in the upper right corner. I'm given no options to select anything else whatsoever.

I'd really appreciate any help you can offer - thanks!

f1

Can you connect a keyboard to the firestick? Per Bluetooth maybe?

If so, press "s", then go to settings > Interface > skin > configure skin > Home > Reset Home Menu

I don't think so, I only have a laptop and no Bluetooth keyboard. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Do you have the web interfacer on kodi activated? if so you can simply switch back to another skin from the web interface?

http://kodi.wiki/view/web_interface
(2017-02-12, 12:58)DjCisco Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 22:32)f1rebox12 Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 21:46)DjCisco Wrote: Can you connect a keyboard to the firestick? Per Bluetooth maybe?

If so, press "s", then go to settings > Interface > skin > configure skin > Home > Reset Home Menu

I don't think so, I only have a laptop and no Bluetooth keyboard. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Do you have the web interfacer on kodi activated? if so you can simply switch back to another skin from the web interface?

I don't have that activated unless it's been active by default. Is there abother way to reset kodi?

Sorry for all the questions I appreciate the advice
(2017-02-12, 17:03)f1rebox12 Wrote:
(2017-02-12, 12:58)DjCisco Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 22:32)f1rebox12 Wrote: I don't think so, I only have a laptop and no Bluetooth keyboard. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

I don't have that activated unless it's been active by default. Is there abother way to reset kodi?

Sorry for all the questions I appreciate the advice

You could delete the guisettings.xml in the kodi userdata folder

Or you could delete the apps cache
I understand, but I physically can't access anything on the menu screen. How am I supposed to access these other menus through the stick solely on the tv?
(2017-02-12, 22:32)f1rebox12 Wrote: I understand, but I physically can't access anything on the menu screen. How am I supposed to access these other menus through the stick solely on the tv?

Hi,

deleting the kodi app cache , or deleting the guisettings.xml (http://kodi.wiki/view/userdata) file has nothing to do with the skin or the kodi app, It is something that you would do on the Firestick OS. The firestick comes with a remote, so you should be able to exit kodi an navigate to the other apps. This means you should be able to navigate to the Kodi App Settings and delete the cache for example.

Because all this steps are not related with the usage of kodi or the skin, Please refrain from posting in the skin forum. If you wish more support, you can send me a PM.
For what it's worth, I had the exact same issue as f1rebox12 this morning when I booted my RPi running OSMC. Changing the skin to something other than BOX fixed the problem, and changing it back to BOX caused a reset of all my GUI settings, custom home menu settings, and so on.

It has also introduced a bunch of weird problems - for instance, when I change the skin theme or colours, the highlights will change to the new colour but the background remains the default blue; and bringing up the shutdown menu during playback and selecting the settings option will do nothing more than show the date in the top right corner, I have to stop playback in order to make the settings tiles visible.

The last time Kodi updated was a few days ago and it was working fine until this morning even after several reboots (I shut the RPi down when I'm not here), so I don't think the problem is related to a recent update.

However, there's one additional problem which started with the Krypton update: the TV home menu has stopped working. If I customise the home menu to use *any* of the TV Show widgets, the TV shows will display on the home page, but selecting the titles will do nothing. Prior to Krypton, it would take me to the season listing for that show. That's actually the reason I came here in the first place, to seek help on that issue.

I'm considering just downgrading to the last stable version of Jarvis since I know BOX worked fine then, but I'd rather not have to do that. Something is definitely going wrong here, and I'm fairly sure it's BOX-related, which is a shame because BOX is by far and away the best Kodi skin on the planet bar none.

If you want photos of videos of any of the above, let me know and I'll gladly provide them.
(2017-02-20, 01:15)sdmtr Wrote: For what it's worth, I had the exact same issue as f1rebox12 this morning when I booted my RPi running OSMC. Changing the skin to something other than BOX fixed the problem, and changing it back to BOX caused a reset of all my GUI settings, custom home menu settings, and so on.

It has also introduced a bunch of weird problems - for instance, when I change the skin theme or colours, the highlights will change to the new colour but the background remains the default blue; and bringing up the shutdown menu during playback and selecting the settings option will do nothing more than show the date in the top right corner, I have to stop playback in order to make the settings tiles visible.

The last time Kodi updated was a few days ago and it was working fine until this morning even after several reboots (I shut the RPi down when I'm not here), so I don't think the problem is related to a recent update.

However, there's one additional problem which started with the Krypton update: the TV home menu has stopped working. If I customise the home menu to use *any* of the TV Show widgets, the TV shows will display on the home page, but selecting the titles will do nothing. Prior to Krypton, it would take me to the season listing for that show. That's actually the reason I came here in the first place, to seek help on that issue.

I'm considering just downgrading to the last stable version of Jarvis since I know BOX worked fine then, but I'd rather not have to do that. Something is definitely going wrong here, and I'm fairly sure it's BOX-related, which is a shame because BOX is by far and away the best Kodi skin on the planet bar none.

If you want photos of videos of any of the above, let me know and I'll gladly provide them.

Hi and thanks for the Info.

Empty Home Menu: Did you try to simply reset the Home Menu, as I mentioned before?

Themes: When you change a Theme the only thing that changes is the Highlight Color, it has always been like this. If you additionally want to match the skin Background to the Theme Color, then you need to do this via the Skins Settings, there you will find an option called "Apply Theme Color to Background".

Settings Access and Tv Shows Widget: I will check this, probably Krypton introduced some change here. Which I am not.aware off.
(2017-02-20, 11:23)DjCisco Wrote:
(2017-02-20, 01:15)sdmtr Wrote: For what it's worth, I had the exact same issue as f1rebox12 this morning when I booted my RPi running OSMC. Changing the skin to something other than BOX fixed the problem, and changing it back to BOX caused a reset of all my GUI settings, custom home menu settings, and so on.

Hi and thanks for the Info.

Empty Home Menu: Did you try to simply reset the Home Menu, as I mentioned before?

Themes: When you change a Theme the only thing that changes is the Highlight Color, it has always been like this. If you additionally want to match the skin Background to the Theme Color, then you need to do this via the Skins Settings, there you will find an option called "Apply Theme Color to Background".

Settings Access and Tv Shows Widget: I will check this, probably Krypton introduced some change here. Which I am not.aware off.

I couldnt reproduce the settings issue you mentioned everything is working fine in my machine, nevertheles I changed the way the settings window is called.

The Tv Shows Widget has been solved as well.

BOX 5.0.2 has been submitted, let me know if you stilll have those issues, after performing the update.
(2017-02-20, 11:23)DjCisco Wrote: Empty Home Menu: Did you try to simply reset the Home Menu, as I mentioned before?

No, I changed to a different skin and then back to BOX in the hope that I wouldn't have to reset any settings, but it ended up resetting everything anyway.

(2017-02-20, 11:23)DjCisco Wrote: Themes: When you change a Theme the only thing that changes is the Highlight Color, it has always been like this. If you additionally want to match the skin Background to the Theme Color, then you need to do this via the Skins Settings, there you will find an option called "Apply Theme Color to Background".

D'oh! It's been so long since I first started using BOX that I completely forgot the "apply theme color to background" option existed, sorry about that.

(2017-02-20, 20:49)DjCisco Wrote: I couldnt reproduce the settings issue you mentioned everything is working fine in my machine, nevertheles I changed the way the settings window is called.

The problem persisted through a few reboots, but as of today it's working fine even though I haven't changed any settings or updated BOX. No idea why it suddenly decided to work, but at least it's working.

(2017-02-20, 20:49)DjCisco Wrote: The Tv Shows Widget has been solved as well. BOX 5.0.2 has been submitted, let me know if you stilll have those issues, after performing the update.

Fantastic, thank you so much. I don't see 5.0.2 as an option when I go to upgrade BOX, so I'm assuming there's some sort of verification or vetting process that updates have to go through before they're publicly available, is that right? If so, I'll just wait until it appears and I'll come back and let you know if everything works as expected.

Thank you so much for your fast response and comprehensive help, and for making BOX in the first place. I really meant it when I said BOX is the best Kodi skin on the planet, everything else is either hideously ugly or needlessly complex, but BOX has the perfect balance of simple navigation, information density, and gorgeous styling. Thanks for creating and maintaining it, Kodi would be far less useful to me without it.
I loaded the box and now all I have is a blue screen with the date and time. This is a small arrow to the left that goes nowhere. I have rebooted and tried everything else. I can't get to systems to change the skin. There is nothing to select from. What can I do?
(2017-03-05, 18:35)jonda73 Wrote: I loaded the box and now all I have is a blue screen with the date and time. This is a small arrow to the left that goes nowhere. I have rebooted and tried everything else. I can't get to systems to change the skin. There is nothing to select from. What can I do?

Do you have a keyboard, if so press "s" and then select settings, then go to Interface>skin>configure skin>Home>Reset Home Menu
Found the reset after I posted it. Thanks
Small bug.  If you change to the numeric rating from the side blade menu, the stars disappear, but no numeric rating seems to be displayed.
(2017-12-16, 23:18)mystik Wrote: Small bug.  If you change to the numeric rating from the side blade menu, the stars disappear, but no numeric rating seems to be displayed.
Has been corrected, will be available with the next update ( a Week or so)
Hi there,

Nice skin, it is something I have been looking for so that I can view my music library and control it with just a mouse. I have found a couple of things that I think may be bugs
  • If I am playing a song and I click on the the bottom of the screen, some icons appear in the top left of the screen with various functions, however there is no icon to change the volume.
  • If I am browsing an artist, the album list for that artist is displayed, if I click on an album that has extended information about that album in the library, then that extended information is displayed instead of the track listing.
I appreciate any feedback / workarounds.

Many thanks

Jason

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug Reports0