.MKV Not shown in Kodi
Hello, relatively new Kodi user here. No serious problems the last 2 years until now. I have a MKV file that Kodi will not show in its explorer, thus I cant add it to my library. Its a valid MKV that plays fine and is not corrupted. Only thing I noticed its an older MKV encoded in 2010 but I dont see why that would matter. Im using Kodi on Fedora 24. Any ideas?
Will not show at all?

Can you paste here how it is named?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
it is called: Queen of the Damned (2002).mkv
Renamed it to other things but makes no difference.
Also, I ensured it is actually an MKV, writing app shows as mkvmerge v4.1.1
It doesn't appear in the file manager?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
which skin ?
(2017-02-20, 18:03)rhob242 Wrote: Hello, relatively new Kodi user here. No serious problems the last 2 years until now. I have a MKV file that Kodi will not show in its explorer, thus I cant add it to my library. Its a valid MKV that plays fine and is not corrupted. Only thing I noticed its an older MKV encoded in 2010 but I dont see why that would matter. Im using Kodi on Fedora 24. Any ideas?

Try the missing movie add on, it is in the Kodi repository under video add ons.
And when you say "will not show" ... "but will play fine", I presume you're using different applications? Is one app local, and one network? Do they have different network permission? Are they on different operating systems? Lots of questions, as you can see...

As a rule, Kodi not *seeing* the file would be an OS issue to me; not *playing* the file would be a CODEC/file issue. It could be otherwise, though, e.g. if you have search permissions but not read permissions.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
It is a local file, it would play fine in VLC. When using Kodi in Jarvis Skin I could not see the file.
Some time later I looked again and Kodi saw the file and I was able to add it. I didn't change anything so I cant say what happened. Sometimes my computer does strange unexplainable things such as certain processes seizing or taking forever to complete, so who knows.
How do you browse your files within Kodi? I ask because if you go into the Music section for example then go to Files, then it will only show your music files and any video files will be hidden.
In file mode, that's the video button in most skins, locate the item http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0238546/ and with that movie in focus, choose information from the context menu, if the file information comes up, you have it in the library somewhere. If the scraper comes alive, and your choice isn't listed... hit the manual button, enter the tt number tt0238546 which should pull the information into your library. Use this method for all pesky listings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.MKV Not shown in Kodi0