• 57(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2017-02-21, 19:34)fritsch Wrote: You won't get HDR, no matter what display. We have 8 bit visuals.

But Apollo Lake and kodi 17 support 10-bit HEVC HW decoding with the proper Intel drivers. I though it was more of an issue with the metadata that HDR uses that needs driver/software support.
Wait until the audiophile guy with the golden ears visits this forum thread :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-02-21, 22:10)raidflex Wrote:
(2017-02-21, 19:34)fritsch Wrote: You won't get HDR, no matter what display. We have 8 bit visuals.

But Apollo Lake and kodi 17 support 10-bit HEVC HW decoding with the proper Intel drivers. I though it was more of an issue with the metadata that HDR uses that needs driver/software support.

1) Decode <- fine
2) Render <- not fine (only 8 bit visuals on linux)
3) Display <- out of our hands
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-02-21, 22:12)fritsch Wrote:
(2017-02-21, 22:10)raidflex Wrote:

1) Decode <- fine
2) Render <- not fine (only 8 bit visuals on linux)
3) Display <- out of our hands

Ah I did not realize that the render was only 8-bit.
(2017-02-10, 21:27)piotrasd Wrote: users with some 4k modes problem etc. please check this build
https://www.sendspace.com/file/bjjd6r/4e...76b1b5d867 if we still need some manual fixes

Thanks man, this build works flawlessly, while the latest 7.95.3 threw a 'GPU not supported' and didn't start X11.
Do you plan to update this build, or the changes are going into mainline Libreelec? Any way to follow this?
Libreelec have released the new kodi , will that eradicate the 4K issues.

I still haven't purchased mine yet, can anybody offer advice is I'm better with the new nuc6cays/h for kodi or the new shield everyone seems to rave about ?
Thanks
Ok, so my ASRock J4205 was successfully RMAed because of the problem mentioned earlier, where it was no longer possible to cold start it. Problem is they don't have replacement and it's nowhere around in stock. Several local on-line retailers even removed it from their offer. So the question is: is ASRock J3455M adequate too? It's 2/3 price of J4205 and it's in stock everywhere. It has the same set of outputs, the same video engine, only slightly slower boost cpu clock, 2/3 of RUs in it's gpu. Looks like it should be ok.

Does anyone have J3455M and regrets he didn't get J4205 instead?
(2017-02-22, 15:45)oo.viper.oo Wrote: Ok, so my ASRock J4205 was successfully RMAed because of the problem mentioned earlier, where it was no longer possible to cold start it. Problem is they don't have replacement and it's nowhere around in stock. Several local on-line retailers even removed it from their offer. So the question is: is ASRock J3455M adequate too? It's 2/3 price of J4205 and it's in stock everywhere. It has the same set of outputs, the same video engine, only slightly slower boost cpu clock, 2/3 of RUs in it's gpu. Looks like it should be ok.

I have this board and it is running great for me. It does not have the converter chip so no hdmi 2.0. I do not have 4k TV yet so this is not a problem. It also takes full size memory. I emailed asrock sales before purchasing mine to ask about the j4205 and they said they expected a shipment between February 20 and 28. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-G930V
will you be doing a LE 8.0 HEVC 10bit build? @fritsch
@gwilly7: did you also test mvc 3d framepack playback?

Sent from my HTC One_M8
(2017-02-22, 18:48)dexter98 Wrote: @gwilly7: did you also test mvc 3d framepack playback?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 (typie typie)

Yes,I did,I do not really know anything about 3D but I was able to play the file in Windows 10 Kodi 17, however I was not able to correctly view it on my tv. I have an older Vizio that is 3D capable and I tried all of the 3D settings and was not able to view correctly.
I assume you tried special mvc of afechin? Normal kodi is not able to decode the 2nd eye from mvc files.

Half and/tab should always work. But you may need to switch your TV explicitly to 3d, that doesn't always work.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
(2017-02-22, 19:27)dexter98 Wrote: I assume you tried special mvc of afechin? Normal kodi is not able to decode the 2nd eye from mvc files.

Half and/tab should always work. But you may need to switch your TV explicitly to 3d, that doesn't always work.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 (typie typie)

I tried file number 5 from the 3d section.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples
(2017-02-22, 16:02)gwilly7 Wrote: I have this board and it is running great for me. It does not have the converter chip so no hdmi 2.0. I do not have 4k TV yet so this is not a problem. It also takes full size memory. I emailed asrock sales before purchasing mine to ask about the j4205 and they said they expected a shipment between February 20 and 28. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Wow, didn't notice it didn't have HDMI 2 chip. Thanks for heads up! Then it's no-go for me, because it doesn't even have DP to use external HDMI 2 converter.
(2017-02-22, 15:45)oo.viper.oo Wrote: Ok, so my ASRock J4205 was successfully RMAed because of the problem mentioned earlier, where it was no longer possible to cold start it. Problem is they don't have replacement and it's nowhere around in stock. Several local on-line retailers even removed it from their offer. So the question is: is ASRock J3455M adequate too? It's 2/3 price of J4205 and it's in stock everywhere. It has the same set of outputs, the same video engine, only slightly slower boost cpu clock, 2/3 of RUs in it's gpu. Looks like it should be ok.

If you are in Europe you can get both 4205 & 3455 from http://www.mindfactory.de/Hardware/Mainb...~+ITX.html , note that the B & M models are HDMI 1.4 only, so choose carefully, 3455-itx & 4205-itx are the ones with HDMI 2.0
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9