• 158(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Cannot agree more. For me lack of pass-through & banding (pic quality) is deal-breaker with the Rpi.

But I think it is cheapest and (almost) most simple way to play mvc. And ideal as backup htpc.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Strange, on another forum a buddy sent me a PM that 3D didn't work without Nvidia 3DTV play which is ... 40USD!
He has a HTPC with Geforce 1070, could Nvidia crippled their drivers to milk some money from 3D? Then all requests for 3D-MVC on Shield will be in vain.
He tried Kodi/Madvr/MPCBE without 3DTV, didn't work.
Hello all together,

thanks for all the great advice arround here!

I don't know if it's interesting: I got working Krypton Windows MVC Build with a Zotac ZBOX-PI320 with INTEL Atom Z3735F.
(2017-02-22, 02:49)TheShoe Wrote:
(2017-02-21, 11:16)safcsat Wrote:
(2017-02-21, 09:55)dexter98 Wrote: Full sbs and full tab should look identical. Half resolution is a different story. I find half tab slightly better than half sbs.

Resolution of material you can check with media info (not sure whether pressing o in kodi will give source resolution).

For testing you may want to consider buying a Rpi 3. Even with libreelec (which is extremely simple to install), full 3d frame pack works right out of the box. You can even force 3d frame pack output.

Then you now for sure that everything in your setup is able to handle 3d frame pack signal correctly.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 (typie typie)

Great idea! RPi3 ordered Smile

the RPi3 handles mvc 3D well. i used to use it before finding the mvc kodi build.

the video quality of the RPi3 is pretty weak as compared to a PC video card. it has way too much color banding/solarization for my tastes and OLED only amplifies this. i could never tweak it well enough to eliminate this and on some movies, particularly with deep reds and blues it was distracting.

i thought it was the movies themselves, but straight off disc in my oppo, the picture was superior to the RPi3 playing back the mkv

the only card in fact that i was able to achieve the oppo quality with was an nvidia card - GTX 960M i think. even the intel 5100 has some issues, but is noticably better than the RPi

YMMV of course - too many variables and many are subjective

i think my next htpc will be a gaming hybrid. looking at the nvidia gtx 1080. hdmi 2.0b. and Nvidia are pretty solid with driver support

Yeah I don't expect this to be upto much to be honest, just want to try and see.

I am very impressed wit this NUC compared al all Android boxes I have had, it is just worlds apart.

A gaming hybrid is exactly what I want, that will indeed be my next purchase. Not yet, but it's getting to the point where a one for all solution is very close. Those Nvidia cards look amazing too!
Ok RPi3 has arrived, setup with latest libreelec 8. It plays mvc no problem, but agree with above statements it's not very good really!

The intel NUC displays 3D much much better!

So even though it doesn't seem to support mvc hardware yet, the 3d image is much better than the RPi3 can produce.

I'm happy Smile
So how can the Rpi3 get MVC support with LibreELEC but not none of the options listed here?

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-02-22, 18:37)fmedrano1977 Wrote: So how can the Rpi3 get MVC support with LibreELEC but not none of the options listed here?

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)
Very good question, I also wonder that.

Mainstream ffmpeg is not able to handle somehow, but not sure at which point exactly. X86 Libreelec with working mvc would be perfect.

But I suspect external player/decoder that passes data to binary firmware blob that does majority of of the job in hw is used.

Aka data stream leaves ffmpeg in an earlier stage and then passed to Rpi to handle.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
(2017-02-22, 18:37)fmedrano1977 Wrote: So how can the Rpi3 get MVC support with LibreELEC but not none of the options listed here?

not sure i understand the question...

just like this intel MVC build, LibreELEC is a special build (fork) of kodi on RPi3 that takes advantage of the hardware to decode mvc
(2017-02-22, 19:54)TheShoe Wrote:

just like this intel MVC build, LibreELEC is a special build (fork) of kodi on RPi3 that takes advantage of the hardware to decode mvc
Oh... So the developers of LibreELEC could create a MVC supporting build for Intel PC's if they cared to do so?

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-02-22, 19:59)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 19:54)TheShoe Wrote:

Oh... So the developers of LibreELEC could create a MVC supporting build for Intel PC's if they cared to do so?

A few of us has requested this feature (years ago)many many times I don't think this is going to happen.

You can ask @fritschWink
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2017-02-14, 23:02)querty1000 Wrote: Nice to hear, the NUC6CAYH definitly doesn't work.
Same here, NUC6CAYH - Frame Packed 3D doesn't work. It flickers between the 2 pictures and stutters.
Also have a RPi3 (same TV, same HDMI cable, same HDMI port, same MVC 3D files) that works.
Intel NUC6CAYH + afedchin's Kodi Windows MVC + LG OLED 55E6
Edit........
(2017-02-22, 21:17)bongchillog Wrote: So 4k bluray in hdr already cracked?
Im having problems with playing 4k hdr bt2020 in 2160p mode. Audio and video dropouts, it can play normally but will be downgraded into 1080p so default selection must be auto, Not 2160p.

@mirror
Please fix this issue. 4k hdr visionplus movies are out there for download. Just few titles available

Wrong Thread!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2017-02-22, 22:10)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 21:17)bongchillog Wrote: So 4k bluray in hdr already cracked?
Im having problems with playing 4k hdr bt2020 in 2160p mode. Audio and video dropouts, it can play normally but will be downgraded into 1080p so default selection must be auto, Not 2160p.

@mirror
Please fix this issue. 4k hdr visionplus movies are out there for download. Just few titles available

Wrong Thread!!!
LoL

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-02-22, 20:43)Korrigan Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 23:02)querty1000 Wrote: Nice to hear, the NUC6CAYH definitly doesn't work.
Same here, NUC6CAYH - Frame Packed 3D doesn't work. It flickers between the 2 pictures and stutters.
Also have a RPi3 (same TV, same HDMI cable, same HDMI port, same MVC 3D files) that works.
It looks like generally:
- boards with HDMI1.4 working fine, but don't get 4k at 60 fps
- boards with HDMI2 (equipped internally with a DP to HDMI converter) playing fine 4k 60 fps google tesclips, but don't work on 3D
  • 158(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10