Classical music (composer, year)
@DaveBlake, thanks a lot for your time and help.

In my defense, I'm not aware of removing any MUSICBRAINZ-Tags beforehand. Typically I sometimes only modify an artist name, for example when his first name has been omitted. I have the suspicion that my tagger - which is kid3 by the way - has some problems with multiple fields, that is when a tag occurs multiple times. But it is only a suspicion and ich have to look into it. But now that you mentioned it, I'm aware that it happens a lot that I have only one MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID where I should have more.

Now I can restart and re-tag my music. Smile
Gosh! Now it becomes clear.

kid3 is innocent. It seems to be beets!

I import all my (properly tagged) flac files into beets, because I can then easily find and (more important) convert them into my preferred audio format (which is opus). BUT, during convertion, beets somehow preserves only one MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMARTISTID. All additional ones get lost.
(2017-02-23, 16:16)beedaddy Wrote: I import all my (properly tagged) flac files into beets, because I can then easily find and (more important) convert them into my preferred audio format (which is opus). BUT, during convertion, beets somehow preserves only one MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMARTISTID. All additional ones get lost.
Oh dear! I wonder what other multiple value tags it may drop? Both Vorbis comments (Flac) and ID3 v2.4 can have multiple frames for the same tag. It also convinces me that Kodi is right not to edit the music files themselves in any way. But good to know where the tag values went.

Also apologies for impling it was sloppy editing, but so many users do edit and then forget they have done it. Editing a name here and there is fine, I do that too. But just do it with regard for the Musicbrainz ids.

Happy retaggingSmile
The combination of mp3tag and picard should be all you need when it comes to tagging.
Neither of those apps change things without you actually telling them to Wink
If your converting to other formats then it becomes quite tricky to keep the tags how you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Classical music (composer, year)0