• 76(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
so if i get the slot generator to work then all i need to do is update the .env file to the same details?
Uh, maybe? I couldn't possibly tell you if you'll run into other issues or not lol
Smile thanks anyway
Ok, here's what you need to do: read the official README in its entirety, and if you encounter an issue, pause. Search the thread here for help with whatever you're stuck on, and/or post here with your question. Don't just press on.

Next, you need to provide a bit more information. If you're entering an IP address, it needs to be your WAN IP, not the local IP your router gives the device on which Kodi is running. Your router should be configured to port forward to this address. I'm not asking you to divulge your IP address here, but I am asking you to at least give us a 'yes' or 'no' answer to this question: are you providing your WAN IP and the forwarded port to the slot generator and the skill itself (in the .env file)?

Third, what does this mean:

Quote:if this helps i am trying to do this on a fire tv box and i have 2 ip addresses
1 - the fire tv ip address (this is also the one i used for port forwarding)
2 - the kodi ip address

There should not be two IP addresses involved in this. You are trying to get the slot generator and the skill to connect to Kodi -- both of which are connecting from the internet (i.e., not from inside your LAN/house/whatever). So point them at your WAN IP and whatever port you've opened and forwarded on your router.
jingai, i was putting in the wrong ip address. I can't thank you enough SmileSmile

you are a star!!
update!!!
all i had to do was update to the WAN ip address and it is all working SmileSmile
hi everyone

so i have had this previously working with heroku but the delays were horrible and i was not getting any response in regards to movie and tv shows.

i have gone through my drive and made sure that i have 100% metadata correct and my kodi is looking much better

i have tried to use the AWS method but im having a problem deploying to the lambda function

this is the code when i attempt to update it using unbuntu. it just freezes at this point[/code]

[code]
2017-02-19 18:15:02:INFO:botocore.credentials: Found credentials in environment variables.
2017-02-19 18:15:02:INFO:lambda_deploy: Packaging lambda kodi-alexa
2017-02-19 18:15:02:WARNING:lambda_deploy: A .env file exists in your Lambda directory - be careful that it does not contain any secrets you don't want uploaded to AWS!
2017-02-19 18:15:02:WARNING:lambda_deploy: Skipping inclusion of of .env file - use LAMBDA_ENV_VARS instead (see documentation for more information)
so an update. after leaving it for a while the terminal finally updated !

but when i go back to the lambda management console i cant see my function. the only option is to click on the "get started now" button an manually create a function Huh

really would like some advise to where im going wrong here

here is the code

Code:
2017-02-22 19:59:55:INFO:botocore.credentials: Found credentials in environment variables.
2017-02-22 19:59:55:INFO:lambda_deploy: Packaging lambda kodi-alexa
2017-02-22 19:59:55:WARNING:lambda_deploy: A .env file exists in your Lambda directory - be careful that it does not contain any secrets you don't want uploaded to AWS!
2017-02-22 19:59:55:WARNING:lambda_deploy: Skipping inclusion of of .env file - use LAMBDA_ENV_VARS instead (see documentation for more information)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/shaun/.local/bin/lambda-deploy", line 11, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/home/shaun/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/lambda_deploy/lambda_deploy.py", line 376, in main
    method()
  File "/home/shaun/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/lambda_deploy/lambda_deploy.py", line 215, in deploy
    Publish=True
  File "/home/shaun/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/botocore/client.py", line 253, in _api_call
    return self._make_api_call(operation_name, kwargs)
  File "/home/shaun/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/botocore/client.py", line 543, in _make_api_call
    raise error_class(parsed_response, operation_name)
botocore.exceptions.ClientError: An error occurred (InvalidSignatureException) when calling the CreateFunction operation: Signature expired: 20170222T175959Z is now earlier than 20170222T180656Z (20170222T181156Z - 5 min.)
Collecting requests (from -r /home/shaun/kodi-alexa-master/kodi-alexa/requirements.txt (line 1))
  Using cached requests-2.13.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting gunicorn (from -r /home/shaun/kodi-alexa-master/kodi-alexa/requirements.txt (line 2))
  Using cached gunicorn-19.6.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting yaep (from -r /home/shaun/kodi-alexa-master/kodi-alexa/requirements.txt (line 3))
  Using cached yaep-0.0.6-py2-none-any.whl
Collecting pycountry (from -r /home/shaun/kodi-alexa-master/kodi-alexa/requirements.txt (line 4))
Collecting pytz (from -r /home/shaun/kodi-alexa-master/kodi-alexa/requirements.txt (line 5))
  Using cached pytz-2016.10-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting fuzzywuzzy (from -r /home/shaun/kodi-alexa-master/kodi-alexa/requirements.txt (line 6))
  Using cached fuzzywuzzy-0.15.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Installing collected packages: requests, gunicorn, yaep, pycountry, pytz, fuzzywuzzy
Successfully installed fuzzywuzzy-0.15.0 gunicorn-19.6.0 pycountry-17.1.8 pytz-2016.10 requests-2.13.0 yaep-0.0.6
Starting new HTTPS connection (1): lambda.us-east-1.amazonaws.com
Adding new kodi-alexa lambda
@shaunnadan in AWS check that you are working in the correct region (top right between "your name" and "support")
Has anyone managed to get the "flask-ask" branch working (for the german version)? Setting up this seems to be successful, but when I test my skill, I get "There was an error calling the remote endpoint, which returned HTTP 500 : Internal Server Error" as skill response. I know, it is a testing branch with an unfinished version, but maybe you got some tips to get it working?
Hello all, I have read the instructions and even viewed a step by step youtube video. I have set up all in AWS. However, when I go to download the zip file, it doesn't download all the files. .env.lambda, .env.wsgi and .gitignore are missing. I need the env file to edit so I can get to the next step. I am downloading to a mac os x. Can someone please help me? ConfusedHuh
(2017-02-23, 05:57)Camillej Wrote: Hello all, I have read the instructions and even viewed a step by step youtube video. I have set up all in AWS. However, when I go to download the zip file, it doesn't download all the files. .env.lambda, .env.wsgi and .gitignore are missing. I need the env file to edit so I can get to the next step. I am downloading to a mac os x. Can someone please help me? ConfusedHuh

Check that you have show hidden files in your folder settings. I also thought I was missing files
(2017-02-22, 22:17)digiltd Wrote: @shaunnadan in AWS check that you are working in the correct region (top right between "your name" and "support")

i am using the correct region on the AWS console.

looking through the terminal results i seem to have a "time" problem.

i have run sudo apt-get install ntp which installs successfully. is there any way to activate it after installation ? i still get the same error after i indtalled ntp

can i manually set the time zone using - sudo timedatectl set-timezone America/New_York Huh what would i replace America/New_York with to be in US-EAST-1
(2017-02-23, 06:25)shaunnadan Wrote:
(2017-02-23, 05:57)Camillej Wrote: Hello all, I have read the instructions and even viewed a step by step youtube video. I have set up all in AWS. However, when I go to download the zip file, it doesn't download all the files. .env.lambda, .env.wsgi and .gitignore are missing. I need the env file to edit so I can get to the next step. I am downloading to a mac os x. Can someone please help me? ConfusedHuh

Check that you have show hidden files in your folder settings. I also thought I was missing files

Thank you!!! I feel like a dummy now. Ran intoanother issue but will post separately.
(2017-02-23, 07:31)shaunnadan Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 22:17)digiltd Wrote: @shaunnadan in AWS check that you are working in the correct region (top right between "your name" and "support")

i am using the correct region on the AWS console.

looking through the terminal results i seem to have a "time" problem.

i have run sudo apt-get install ntp which installs successfully. is there any way to activate it after installation ? i still get the same error after i indtalled ntp

can i manually set the time zone using - sudo timedatectl set-timezone America/New_York Huh what would i replace America/New_York with to be in US-EAST-1

Have you tried manually changing the time? I don't think the time zone change will fix the 5min gap. It is taking 5+ min each time you try to deploy?

Does this help:

sudo ntpdate ntp.ubuntu.com
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15