Solved Addon views/and file view
So I started working on the views for the addons... and when I navigate to videos addons and it list the addons I have that view controllable as I can use <contaitner.content(addons) but once I select a addon on it defaults to a list view what would I need to change to force this view to something I prefer?

is there a set of visible conditions I can implement?
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
So this is annoying... I have my library views set exactly the way I want and working 98% the way I want... then I start skinning for addons and somehow the list view take priority over everything else... the normal visible tags still doesn't keep the list view from showing up... example my tv shows... I have on a icon layout it is first in the list of views it has a visibility of (TV shows) for the first layer.... now that the list view is available ever with visible tag !tvshows it still uses the list view tvshows. ?

I there a debug mode even better to tell me the window postion exactly so I can figure out the right tag to hide the list view?

sorry for the rant I am just super annoyed atm...
Addons set their own content type. You can see what content type they set by making a label control somewhere with
<label>$INFO[Container.Content]</label>

The other thing you can do is you can match to the folderpath
e.g. $INFO[Container.FolderPath]

for instance, video plugins start like such
plugin://plugin.video.NAMEOFPLUGIN

So you can do
String.StartsWith(Container.FolderPath,plugin://plugin.video)
String.StartsWith(Container.FolderPath,plugin://plugin.program)
String.StartsWith(Container.FolderPath,plugin://plugin.image)
String.StartsWith(Container.FolderPath,plugin://plugin.audio)

This way you can match addons of a particular type. However, ideally you should just skin for content types and its up to the addon to set an appropriate content type.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks... And I will in time but for now since this is my first skin I want it to be more personal... Considering the time that has gone into it... I never would have imaged it would take this long to do so little...
Jurialmunkey thank you l... You have saved me alot of agrevation... String.contains(plugin://blah blah)
Basically what you have but it works perfectly thank you
(2017-02-22, 11:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: Addons set their own content type. You can see what content type they set by making a label control somewhere with

That is not the case anymore though.

Link of interest: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2514142
So if I read this correctly I am fine by forcing viewtypes where I can... Which so far I have managed to force them everywhere. This way I can make a more personal feel when using my skin.
(2017-02-23, 22:01)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 11:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: Addons set their own content type. You can see what content type they set by making a label control somewhere with

That is not the case anymore though.

Link of interest: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2514142
As far as I understand it, the content type is still set by the addon, just team kodi is finally enforcing the setting of appropriate content types as part of repo submission (which is great!). What I meant was that addons don't have the content type "addons". Youtube has the content type "videos" as they are neither episodes nor movies - they are videos (eg I wouldn't expect youtube videos to have a poster or tvshow/season info)

Other addons though (such as tv catchup addons that link to tv channel on demand streaming) will (or should) have the content type "episodes" with "tvshows" at the base level. Plus there are still a ton of non official repo addons that do whatever they want....
Form what I have send you are correct... I have not tried you to yet as the last time I had reached my quta error... But other addons I have tried start with add-on as content them as u dig deeper it changes to the movies view or TV etc... That was my issue before was because I didn't have the views content type correct I was getting list for everything and I didn't want that.
(2017-02-24, 01:39)smitchell6879 Wrote: Form what I have send you are correct... I have not tried you to yet as the last time I had reached my quta error... But other addons I have tried start with add-on as content them as u dig deeper it changes to the movies view or TV etc... That was my issue before was because I didn't have the views content type correct I was getting list for everything and I didn't want that.

With youtube, you really have to get your own api key:
https://www.howtogeek.com/273956/how-to-...d-problem/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon views/and file view0