• 159(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2017-02-23, 11:57)querty1000 Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 20:43)Korrigan Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 23:02)querty1000 Wrote: Nice to hear, the NUC6CAYH definitly doesn't work.
Same here, NUC6CAYH - Frame Packed 3D doesn't work. It flickers between the 2 pictures and stutters.
Also have a RPi3 (same TV, same HDMI cable, same HDMI port, same MVC 3D files) that works.
It looks like generally:
- boards with HDMI1.4 working fine, but don't get 4k at 60 fps
- boards with HDMI2 (equipped internally with a DP to HDMI converter) playing fine 4k 60 fps google tesclips, but don't work on 3D

Safcsat reported earlier in this thread Intel NUC7i3BNK does work. Could someone confirm that 4k and 3D is working on same HDMI2 for NUC7i3BNK?

NoTechi
(2017-02-23, 18:57)NoTechi Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 20:43)Korrigan Wrote: Same here, NUC6CAYH - Frame Packed 3D doesn't work. It flickers between the 2 pictures and stutters.
Also have a RPi3 (same TV, same HDMI cable, same HDMI port, same MVC 3D files) that works.
It looks like generally:
- boards with HDMI2 (equipped internally with a DP to HDMI converter) playing fine 4k 60 fps google tesclips, but don't work on 3D

Safcsat reported earlier in this thread Intel NUC7i3BNK does work. Could someone confirm that 4k and 3D is working on same HDMI2 for NUC7i3BNK?

NoTechi

3D MVC is not working on the Kaby lake HW with HDMI 2.0, I think is time that we bring this issue to Intel.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I was chatting with two Intel support guys yesterday. They got many info from me,
driver data, diaxlog etc. They wanted to check it and come back to me.

Honestely, not shure they will. But would expect if more people report that issue, the
chance gets bigger...
(2017-02-23, 18:57)NoTechi Wrote: Safcsat reported earlier in this thread Intel NUC7i3BNK does work. Could someone confirm that 4k and 3D is working on same HDMI2 for NUC7i3BNK?
Don't think what he got was full 3D as his demo video shows Kodi going into TAB mode. Also, he wasn't seeing 'Hardware Based' as a decoding option.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2017-02-24, 01:16)hdmkv Wrote: Don't think what he got was full 3D as his demo video shows Kodi going into TAB mode. Also, he wasn't seeing 'Hardware Based' as a decoding option.

Ok thanks ... so I am going to wait since I am pretty happy with 3D on my current NUC but would upgrade if 4k & MVC 3D would work without juggling through different hdmi outputs.

NoTechi
(2017-02-23, 18:57)NoTechi Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 20:43)Korrigan Wrote: Same here, NUC6CAYH - Frame Packed 3D doesn't work. It flickers between the 2 pictures and stutters.
It looks like generally:

NoTechi

Yeah unfortunately it seemed it wasn't proper MVC 3D. Alas still looked amazing!
(2017-02-24, 00:52)Gizzmo Wrote: I was chatting with two Intel support guys yesterday. They got many info from me,

Honestely, not shure they will. But would expect if more people report that issue, the
chance gets bigger...

Great idea!!

Link to Intel Forum
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2017-02-24, 16:00)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-02-24, 00:52)Gizzmo Wrote: I was chatting with two Intel support guys yesterday. They got many info from me,

chance gets bigger...

Great idea!!

Link to Intel Forum
I'm on it.

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-02-24, 01:16)hdmkv Wrote:
(2017-02-23, 18:57)NoTechi Wrote: Safcsat reported earlier in this thread Intel NUC7i3BNK does work. Could someone confirm that 4k and 3D is working on same HDMI2 for NUC7i3BNK?
Don't think what he got was full 3D as his demo video shows Kodi going into TAB mode. Also, he wasn't seeing 'Hardware Based' as a decoding option.
I asked this before, but no answer was given.

What would (or could) be the difference in 3D "quality" between displaying two interlaced pictures in a 2160 resolution and the "Hardware Based" option in a 1080 resolution? Can someone explain?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2017-02-08, 10:38)BeefJerky Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 12:11)ArieS Wrote: Desyncing, no audio at all after a few chapter skip forward. And also at some point you can't even skip back chapters anymore. It just starts from the beginning.
It happens only with 3D movies that have Dolby TrueHD or Atmos.
It's been like that since the first build so I doubt there's anything afedchin can do but of course only He can answer that Wink
I am experiencing this as well with any TrueHD movie. If I skip forward or backward, it seems to work the first time. After that, the time goes back to 0:00, the audio mutes, but the video seems to go where it was supposed to. It will then "play" for a short period of time before freezing. It also doesn't matter whether the TrueHD is bitstreamed or software decoded. Also of note, when this problem happens, the CPU usage goes from the usual 2-4% to 50-55%.

This the only major bug that I seem to have with it at the moment. Great work, and I really hope this bug can be fixed.
I'm bringing this back to the top. Is there any way we can find out if there is any progress on this, or whether it might be fixed in the near future?

Thanks!
(2017-02-24, 19:15)p750mmx Wrote:
(2017-02-24, 01:16)hdmkv Wrote:
I asked this before, but no answer was given.

What would (or could) be the difference in 3D "quality" between displaying two interlaced pictures in a 2160 resolution and the "Hardware Based" option in a 1080 resolution? Can someone explain?

3D mvc is two full resolution 1080p frames that when rendered on passive OLED 4K are essentially interlaced where the passive glasses are polarized such that each eye sees essentially the odd or even scan lines and your brain interprets the 3D

1080p passive TVs render each 1080p frame in half resolution since you need both presented at the same time to see the 3D

1080p active TVs show both fullframe images in sequence at a high refresh rate where your glasses shutter in sync with the tv to show you both at approx the same time and your brain sees 3D. active shutter requires carefully calibrated sets and extreme ambient light control to reduce eye strain and artifacts.

for SBS or OU 3D i believe you have two half resolution images displayed at the same time for passive and in sequence for active where your glasses present both at same time to your eyes and you see 3D

as far as i know anything other than MVC encoded 3D is half resolution. now it is possible that standard Kodi will take an MVC encoded movie and decode a single 2D frame and then output SBS or OU and give you the 3D effect. this is "fake" 3D in the sense that the movie was not encoded this way. it's like taking any 2D source and having your tv "upscale" to 3D.

i could also be way off here. google is your friend. but the reason we want MVC decoding is because that is full resolution for each eye. for active shutter TVs at 1080p and passive 3D TVs that are 4K

passive 1080p TVs are half res regardless of source encoding
So what is the best way to go... ?

SInce the Nvidia Shield seems to be a great Kodi Box but does not do 3D MVC...

If you want the best all worlds. 4K, BR-ISO, 3D MVC?
Not sure if it's useful info but the this fork works perfect on a 7th gen pentium g4650 with intel graphics 610.
(2017-02-25, 09:37)Comp1demon Wrote: So what is the best way to go... ?

SInce the Nvidia Shield seems to be a great Kodi Box but does not do 3D MVC...

If you want the best all worlds. 4K, BR-ISO, 3D MVC?

best - depends on your needs.

for me, i want the best for audio, video, and pc gaming. so custom built PC with one of the recent nVidia cards, the gtx 1080. i'm building one once i get back from business travel in a few weeks. happy to share the parts list.

it'll do all of above plus hdr, support hdmi 2.0b, will fit incely into a node 605 or 202 htpc case, and will be an incredible gaming rig to boot. cost should be around $2000

it will lack only one thing for me: 88.2khz audio support. i will have to downsample those flac files to 44.1. oh well
@Comp1demon, if you want an all-in-one box, only choice for now is Asrock Beebox-S w/both HDMI 1.4 and 2.0. If you're okay with two boxes, then nVidia Shield (assuming you also need premium streaming apps) and one of these.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
  • 159(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10