• 58(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2017-02-22, 19:50)gwilly7 Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 19:27)dexter98 Wrote: I assume you tried special mvc of afechin? Normal kodi is not able to decode the 2nd eye from mvc files.

Half and/tab should always work. But you may need to switch your TV explicitly to 3d, that doesn't always work.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 (typie typie)

I tried file number 5 from the 3d section.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples
Ah, that's indeed a mvc encoded file.

Standard kodi is NOT able to decode the 2nd eye of such a video stream. For that to work you'll need the special mvc kodi build of afedchin.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
(2017-02-22, 15:45)oo.viper.oo Wrote: Ok, so my ASRock J4205 was successfully RMAed because of the problem mentioned earlier, where it was no longer possible to cold start it. Problem is they don't have replacement and it's nowhere around in stock. Several local on-line retailers even removed it from their offer. So the question is: is ASRock J3455M adequate too? It's 2/3 price of J4205 and it's in stock everywhere. It has the same set of outputs, the same video engine, only slightly slower boost cpu clock, 2/3 of RUs in it's gpu. Looks like it should be ok.

Does anyone have J3455M and regrets he didn't get J4205 instead?

If you are in the U.S. the J4205 seems to be back in stock at Newegg
(2017-02-22, 17:49)Nekromantik Wrote: will you be doing a LE 8.0 HEVC 10bit build? @fritsch

Yeah - will do. Ping me if I forget it - busy times here.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi there,

just bought a new J3455-ITX - now I read there is a hardware bug (DisplayPort <> HDMI Converter [MCDP2800]) which does not allow TrueHD/DTSHD Sound passthrough.

Does this mean 4k-Resolution with TrueHD/DTSHD is not possible? Even with Windows 10?
Hi.

Is it known yet what is the extent of the problem?

Maybe the bug can be fixed via Bios update, new drivers (patching FW or HW via SW). If it is so, most probably the fix will come soon.
(2017-02-24, 12:41)Korschan Wrote: Hi there,

just bought a new J3455-ITX - now I read there is a hardware bug (DisplayPort <> HDMI Converter [MCDP2800]) which does not allow TrueHD/DTSHD Sound passthrough.

Does this mean 4k-Resolution with TrueHD/DTSHD is not possible? Even with Windows 10?

AIUI yes. At the moment the HDMI 2.0 output (which is a Displayport output internally converted to HDMI 2.0 using an on-board converter solution) doesn't carry bitstreamed HD Audio. If your motherboard has a separate HDMI 1.4 or DVI output (which can be converted to HDMI 1.4 by a simple adaptor) then that output WILL carry bitstreamed HD Audio.

At the moment the only route to getting 2160/50p and 60p AND HD Audio with these solutions is to use the HDMI 2.0 output connected directly to your TV for video, and an HDMI 1.4 (or DVI converted to HDMI) output connected to your AVR which WILL carry HD audio separately to deliver HD Audio to your AVR. This is also a solution for those who don't have HDMI 2.0 compatible AVRs.

If you only want 2160/30p and below you may well find that you only need to use the HDMI 1.4/DVI output and can ignore the HDMI 2.0 output.

If you have an Apollo Lake solution with just HDMI 2.0 and VGA outputs then you are currently stuffed for bitstreaming HD Audio.

There is currently some suggestion that the DP to HDMI 2.0 converter not supporting HD Audio bitstreaming may be fixable with a firmware/driver/BIOS update - but until people see HDMI 2.0 2160/60p with HD Audio bitstreamed on the same connector...
Well, this is sooo great. They advertise HDMI 2.0 and now I just can use the half of the product. Sad.

Are there any SoC HDMI 2.0 boards around without a hardware bug like no DTS HD?

Edit: So it's possible to passthrough HD Audio via DVI <> HDMI? Which adapter do I need ... I though DVI is mostly without sound.
(2017-02-24, 13:22)Korschan Wrote: Well, this is sooo great. They advertise HDMI 2.0 and now I just can use the half of the product. Sad.

The S905 series AMLogic (and I think S905X) both support HDMI 2.0 2160/50p and 59.95/60p output with DTS HD and Dolby True HD in LibreElec (and in some cases Android) I believe. The ODroid C2 is a good example, as is the Wetek Hub. Beware the X variant only has 10/100 Ethernet support. The non-X variant has GigE - but may have slightly reduced codec support (and no HDR?)

Quote:Edit: So it's possible to passthrough HD Audio via DVI <> HDMI? Which adapter do I need ... I though DVI is mostly without sound.

"Pure" DVI-D has no audio and is often 0-255 RGB only - it is effectively a sub-set of HDMI. However it is possible to carry all but the CEC elements of HDMI over a DVI connector. And this is now quite widespread.

However HDMI and DVI are electrically and effectively "protocol-y" identical (apart from HDMI having CEC) - with the audio in HDMI being carried in the gaps between video information on the same pins as the video signal (i.e. audio isn't on separate pins).

Many video cards with DVI physical outputs have DVI to HDMI adaptors that enable audio outputs when present. AIUI many (all?) Apollo Lake cards with DVI output are actually using an HDMI 1.4 to DVI output solution (basically bringing the HDMI on-chip output to DVI connectors not HDMI) and don't even need bespoke adaptors to enable audio ? This is why some Apollo Lake devices have two HDMI outputs (the on-board HDMI 1.4 and a DP->HDMI 2.0 offboard conversion)
Uploaded 8.0.0 final LE versions with hevc. Again: Technology demo only.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-02-24, 13:22)Korschan Wrote: Well, this is sooo great. They advertise HDMI 2.0 and now I just can use the half of the product. Sad.

Edit: So it's possible to passthrough HD Audio via DVI <> HDMI? Which adapter do I need ... I though DVI is mostly without sound.
I have the J4205-itx and output all HD audio thru the DVI via DVI->HDMI adapter. Works like a charm without any sync issues. Should be the same for J3455-itx.
4K works fine direct via HDMI to the TV.
(2017-02-24, 15:09)Dr.Feelgood Wrote:

I have the J4205-itx and output all HD audio thru the DVI via DVI->HDMI adapter. Works like a charm without any sync issues. Should be the same for J3455-itx.
4K works fine direct via HDMI to the TV.

I can also confirm I have been using it the same way for about 1-2 months without any issues.
Hi all
I'm still looking at getting the NUC NUC6CAYH or NUC6CAYS
It will purely be for kodi . Would you say the barebones is the best option
I know a few have mentioned issues with 4k, is that applicable to the NUC?
Is this the best option purely for kodi/libreelec?

I would add a hard drive to the NUC for my movies .

Sorry for questions as just want to make sure before I part with my cash as I'm not too knowledgeable in this field .
Currently using a dn2820 nuc and chrome box .
NUC routed through denon receiver for 5.1 via hdmi
Re: HD/Bitstream audio problems

Just saw this today: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=95069

I'll try booting Windows on my NUC and applying this tonight and we'll see if we're over this hurdle finally.
I do not have a 7.1 true hd file to test at the moment but at least it does not work with the dolby atmos demo files. My Denon X3200 stays mute and does not recognize the audio stream.
Take this TrueHD file: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/samples/h...-DWEU.m2ts

Dts-HD did work?
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9