v17 4k output Kodi 17 Nvidia shield
Hi All,

Im having an issue when trying to set the kodi to output resolution to 4k, it is greyed out and only let me use 1080p. A few weeks ago it would let me set it to 4k and also the refresh rate but that's greyed out too. Anyone else had this issue?
i have the same problem in mi box 4k.
Update on this: I completely wiped my shield and installed kodi 17 from fresh, its now not greyed out but when I try and change it, it just crashes.

To the reply above have you had 4k work on kodi 17 before?
Leave the interface at 1080p, play a 4K video to your 4K display through your 4K graphic card with a HDMI 2 cable and you get? hint: Keyboard 'o'
It's an nvidia shield I'm using not a pc
(2017-02-25, 11:01)mitchellsx Wrote: It's an nvidia shield I'm using not a pc
it is greyed out and only let me use 1080
play a 4K video to your 4K display with a HDMI 2 cable and you get? Just because the interface is 1080p doesn't mean the player is held to that resolution.
(2017-02-25, 17:32)PatK Wrote:
(2017-02-25, 11:01)mitchellsx Wrote: It's an nvidia shield I'm using not a pc
it is greyed out and only let me use 1080
play a 4K video to your 4K display with a HDMI 2 cable and you get? Just because the interface is 1080p doesn't mean the player is held to that resolution.

When I play a video and go in to the picture options and then go on the display config option. It tells me that its playing 1080p. before it would say 4k.
That's because the GUI is limited to 1080p now as it was too much hard work for the majority of Android boxes, however actual video playback should still be 4K, use the test from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=261768 to verify.
(2017-02-27, 12:05)jjd-uk Wrote: That's because the GUI is limited to 1080p now as it was too much hard work for the majority of Android boxes, however actual video playback should still be 4K, use the test from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=261768 to verify.

Interestingly if I reboot the Shield by keeping the AVR and TV ON and then launch KODI/SPMC, get the resolution option enabled. Still it is bit annoying to reboot the box every time before launching the application. This wasn't an issue in the previous version unless it used to be case for few of the earlier versions.
Any help in addressing this would be highly appreciated!

My setup: Shield --> Marantz AVR (4K/2.2) --> LG TV (4K/2.2)

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4k output Kodi 17 Nvidia shield0