• 61(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
Hello all,

i buyed the ASRock J3455-ITX Mainboard and hope get it next week...

But now i read, that with the DisplayPort >> HDMI 2.0 Chip from Asrock there is
a problem with HD-Audio-Formats (Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD Master) getting out passthrough!?

Is this true? And when yes, is there a possibility of a solution?
What means "now you read"? Did you read or didn't you read. Cause if you read -> no need for that question!
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Intel launch a firmware hdmi tool for fix hd audio problem http://nucblog.net/2017/02/apollo-lake-a...mware-fix/

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
old news - won't help for the linux issue ... but fixes windows issue.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Old news maybe for you xD, I know is only for solved the problem in windows, but is good news

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
(2017-02-26, 11:01)fritsch Wrote: What means "now you read"? Did you read or didn't you read. Cause if you read -> no need for that question!
What a great answer! Unnecessary and rude posting!
(2017-02-26, 13:35)elrik Wrote: Intel launch a firmware hdmi tool for fix hd audio problem http://nucblog.net/2017/02/apollo-lake-a...mware-fix/
Hi elrik,

thank you for information. Means Problem is under Linux still there Sad

Difficult to find a Board without issues Sad
(2017-02-26, 13:57)PauleFoul Wrote: Difficult to find a Board without issues Sad

Actually all boards use the same DP-> HDMI2.0 controller. Same controller, same problem.
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
(2017-02-26, 13:55)PauleFoul Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 11:01)fritsch Wrote: What means "now you read"? Did you read or didn't you read. Cause if you read -> no need for that question!

I thought it was a very accurate and necessary post. Rofl
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2017-02-26, 14:18)timstephens24 Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 13:55)PauleFoul Wrote:

I thought it was a very accurate and necessary post. Rofl

Yeah - let's change the first post and put a fat link to the linux bugreport in there. And also update that Windows 10 now works (with link to the FW fix).
@fritsch

A simple polite answer would be enough! Or do you have to kidding about users as a developer?
Was that a sane question?

If yes - sane answer: Being able to read is a must, it is the weakest precondition, especially if you take part in a developer thread - else go to libreelec.tv and into the enduser section and download what they offer.
(2017-02-25, 23:28)fritsch Wrote: Yeah - was just curious that it really helps ...

Will upload another build tonight with mesa 17 and DRI3 by default. Latest and greatest, bumped without testing it - like in the good old open ELEC times ...

Edit: will end up here (uploading - and as germany is a 3rd world land when it comes to broadband - it will need another hour): http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/hevc10/dri3/ (231 MB)

Thanks for this fritsch.
Can I ask if this has tv tuner cards built in as I'm after....

HEVC
Latest test builds
tv tuner card support (tbs 6985 in my case)

Just asking as intending to move over my kodi main setup to libreelec from Kodi on ubuntu minimal.
Ta
(2017-02-26, 16:13)robo989 Wrote:
(2017-02-25, 23:28)fritsch Wrote: Yeah - was just curious that it really helps ...

Will upload another build tonight with mesa 17 and DRI3 by default. Latest and greatest, bumped without testing it - like in the good old open ELEC times ...

Edit: will end up here (uploading - and as germany is a 3rd world land when it comes to broadband - it will need another hour): http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/hevc10/dri3/ (231 MB)

Thanks for this fritsch.
Can I ask if this has tv tuner cards built in as I'm after....

HEVC
Latest test builds
tv tuner card support (tbs 6985 in my case)

Just asking as intending to move over my kodi main setup to libreelec from Kodi on ubuntu minimal.
Ta

Nope. Official LibreELEC - and tech demo for HEVC, nothing else. Code is available for picking and self building. I added the DRI3 yesterday as I was curious. But that's it.
For those with the FW update installed - there is a 4.10 kernel available here: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/....0-410.tar - this removes all DVB modules and nvidia binary drivers. If someone wants to check for HD-Audio who has the FW installed, please do so.
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9