• 61(current)
Beta Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)
(2017-02-26, 03:37)oattes Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 01:02)chuckhammerberry Wrote:
(2017-02-25, 23:01)oattes Wrote: Default Widgets->Skin Helper Widgets->Favourites->Favourites

it's not an obvious path. Marcel makes you think like a programmer Big Grin
Thanks for the reply but I'm still confused
When I go to "home screen layout" then "configure widget rows"
And "add" I have no option for "skin helper widgets" just
Smart Shortcuts
Video library
Music library
Pictures
Add on

I'm sure in the Jarvis regular Titan skin I had an option for "favourites" because I had it set up before.
But with this beta I don't have that option

Something is wrong with your installation. You should see 'default widgets' first in the list.

I installed this Krypton beta on another box and same thing . I deleted it and installed the regular release and it has it. So is no one else experiencing this with this beta?
Just updated all my clients to the latest Kodi along with Titan.

However i stumlbed on an issue on 2 of my clients (with Titan) that I am unable to open 'Settings -> Library' menu. When i click nothing happens and I notice the following line in debug

'Activate/ReplaceWindow called with invalid destination window: LibrarySettings"

Any idea what is going wrong?

Titan v. 3.7.23
(2017-02-26, 17:03)RavenNL Wrote: Just updated all my clients to the latest Kodi along with Titan.

However i stumlbed on an issue on 2 of my clients (with Titan) that I am unable to open 'Settings -> Library' menu. When i click nothing happens and I notice the following line in debug

'Activate/ReplaceWindow called with invalid destination window: LibrarySettings"

Titan v. 3.7.23

Library settings doesn't work in that version,it's old. The beta is much more up to date. Zip file is in the first post I believe
Bug 
So, it takes about a minute for things to load as seen on the right image. To even get the Spotlight image to load I have to move between Movies/Tv Shows etc. I've done a reset, did not help ... been like this for a while, perhaps 5 updates or so.

Screenshot
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
(2017-02-26, 17:30)Blackkatt Wrote: So, it takes about a minute for things to load as seen on the right image. To even get the Spotlight image to load I have to move between Movies/Tv Shows etc. I've done a reset, did not help ... been like this for a while, perhaps 5 updates or so.

Screenshot

You don't say what platform you are using -- on a low power unit, I would say this is 'normal'. Titan (options fully enabled) takes 10-20 seconds on my HTPC which is a pretty powerful windows platform.

Things you can try:

1) turn off RSS
2) disable building wall images (if you don't use them)
3) use low power option (general settings)
(2017-02-26, 17:07)disaacso Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 17:03)RavenNL Wrote: Just updated all my clients to the latest Kodi along with Titan.

Titan v. 3.7.23

Library settings doesn't work in that version,it's old. The beta is much more up to date. Zip file is in the first post I believe

Oh really

I wasn't aware that I was using an outdated / still in works version. I just updated Kodi and let it update the addons.

Anyway thanks for the swift reply..Smile
(2017-02-26, 17:47)oattes Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 17:30)Blackkatt Wrote: So, it takes about a minute for things to load as seen on the right image. To even get the Spotlight image to load I have to move between Movies/Tv Shows etc. I've done a reset, did not help ... been like this for a while, perhaps 5 updates or so.

Screenshot

You don't say what platform you are using -- on a low power unit, I would say this is 'normal'. Titan (options fully enabled) takes 10-20 seconds on my HTPC which is a pretty powerful windows platform.

Things you can try:

1) turn off RSS
2) disable building wall images (if you don't use them)
3) use low power option (general settings)

Win x64, no low end of any kind. and like I said "been like this for a while, perhaps 5 updates or so." This is not a performance issue. It's a bug, My guess, something wake with SkinHelper or what its name is.
Do you understand?
(2017-02-26, 17:49)Blackkatt Wrote: Win x64, no low end of any kind. and like I said "been like this for a while, perhaps 5 updates or so." This is not a performance issue. It's a bug, My guess, something wake with SkinHelper or what its name is.

As another data point, I just switched my test box over to the enhanced home screen to see if I could see the same problem. Kodi (17.0) loads up in the usual 10-20 seconds for me. However, I do see the same behaviour with the spotlight. It shows nothing until you move from section to section -- then it works find afterward.
(2017-02-26, 18:09)oattes Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 17:49)Blackkatt Wrote: Win x64, no low end of any kind. and like I said "been like this for a while, perhaps 5 updates or so." This is not a performance issue. It's a bug, My guess, something wake with SkinHelper or what its name is.

As another data point, I just switched my test box over to the enhanced home screen to see if I could see the same problem. Kodi (17.0) loads up in the usual 10-20 seconds for me. However, I do see the same behaviour with the spotlight. It shows nothing until you move from section to section -- then it works find afterward.

Good to know, thanks for testing. Sometimes the spotlight comes up just fine but not the left side, submenu etc. Sometimes after some time, all but spotlight comes up. Then you move around and spotlight comes as well ...
Do you understand?
Many of the skin shortcuts seem to be broken. For example the link to recently added movies takes you to the top of "Video" folder tree, then you have to select movies to get the next menu then "recently added movies" to actually to get where you want to go. Is it just ee seeing this, or is this a known problem?
(2017-02-26, 18:21)niksimpson Wrote: Many of the skin shortcuts seem to be broken. For example the link to recently added movies takes you to the top of "Video" folder tree, then you have to select movies to get the next menu then "recently added movies" to actually to get where you want to go. Is it just ee seeing this, or is this a known problem?

If you are just switching to the beta, you may need to rebuild your shortcuts.
(2017-02-26, 05:16)chuckhammerberry Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 03:37)oattes Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 01:02)chuckhammerberry Wrote: Thanks for the reply but I'm still confused
When I go to "home screen layout" then "configure widget rows"
And "add" I have no option for "skin helper widgets" just
Smart Shortcuts
Video library
Music library
Pictures
Add on

I'm sure in the Jarvis regular Titan skin I had an option for "favourites" because I had it set up before.
But with this beta I don't have that option

Something is wrong with your installation. You should see 'default widgets' first in the list.

I installed this Krypton beta on another box and same thing . I deleted it and installed the regular release and it has it. So is no one else experiencing this with this beta?

@oates
You seem to be helpful and knowledgable any thoughts on what I can do here?
(2017-02-26, 18:09)oattes Wrote:

I can confirm that on my Win 10 box, running latest Titan & Kodi 17.1 rc. Spotlight is blank until you move over it and then its good to go.
(2017-02-26, 20:03)chuckhammerberry Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 05:16)chuckhammerberry Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 03:37)oattes Wrote: Something is wrong with your installation. You should see 'default widgets' first in the list.

@oates
You seem to be helpful and knowledgable any thoughts on what I can do here?

Kodi logs, with debug enabled if necessary. Look for errors..... especially when you load up the widget options in the shortcut editor.

If you haven't tried a completely clean installation, I'd try that.
(2017-02-26, 18:44)oattes Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 18:21)niksimpson Wrote: Many of the skin shortcuts seem to be broken. For example the link to recently added movies takes you to the top of "Video" folder tree, then you have to select movies to get the next menu then "recently added movies" to actually to get where you want to go. Is it just ee seeing this, or is this a known problem?

If you are just switching to the beta, you may need to rebuild your shortcuts.

How do I rebuild the shortcuts?
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)6