• 5(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Whenever I update the skin, I lose my fonts and modified fonts.xml. I just end up adding my extra fonts again and replacing the fonts.xml so that I can keep the same look and feel of my build. Is this unavoidable or is there some sort of super secret method to keep certain things from changing when updating the skin?
Thanks Alanon for doing your own repo .. getting autoupdates on all devices is certainly much easier Smile
(2017-02-26, 00:18)eurogroovem5 Wrote: Whenever I update the skin, I lose my fonts and modified fonts.xml. I just end up adding my extra fonts again and replacing the fonts.xml so that I can keep the same look and feel of my build. Is this unavoidable or is there some sort of super secret method to keep certain things from changing when updating the skin?

No its unavoidable unfortunately.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hi, is there a way to show imdb or tmdb movie/TV show ratings when browsing through the lists of movies and TV shows? I cannot find any indicator no matter what view I choose.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910C
(2017-02-26, 12:13)kenmex Wrote: Hi, is there a way to show imdb or tmdb movie/TV show ratings when browsing through the lists of movies and TV shows? I cannot find any indicator no matter what view I choose.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910C (typie typie)
Also, how is this skin related to oxyGEN H2O? Is it the same developer?

Sent from my SM-N910C
hi thx for that skin

must i use keyboard or mouse for that skin ?

with firetv remote i cant get to the Home button
Hello Alanon

Thank you for your job. This is my Favourite skin.

Could you do such a menu to live TV?
Time: Start and stop the current program
Time: Start and stop the next program

(2017-02-25, 21:49)powermarcel10 Wrote: Hello! Thanks for the update.. Awesome!

Couple of things/requests..

1) I would like to see clearart logos aswell in the EPG for live tv and in the channeloverview.
2) For live tv I would like to see a widget with just the channellogos and not with fanart.
3) I'm not able to add a widget with just all video addons.. With the normal eminence version I'm able to set this.
4) Is there an option to change the weather icons at the right upper corner? In the same icons as I can configure for normal weather icons?
5) I would love to see interactive widgets.. By example, for settings, I would like to see the settingsscreen as a widget. So that you don't have to enter to settings, but can configure settings from the homescreen.

Cheers and keep up the good work!

1 & 2. Concerning LiveTV stuff, to be honest, I'm not sure on just how fast it will progress. I don't watch tv, so I can only use the PVR Demo Client, which is very limited in regards to almost all features, so any alterations that I might make would be completely blind. And since I have no way to test whether or not I've broken anything, the whole process will involve a lot of back and forth between what I change and what pvr users report back. I'll have a look-see and at least try to fiddle with the artwork on theoretical grounds, and based on what other skins have implemented.

3. For me it works just fine? Select Widget/Add-on/Video Add-ons is the path I use.

4. These icons aren't a resource, they are a part of the skin, located at: skin.eminence.2.mod.Krypton/media/weather-icons. You can change them by simply replacing these icons with some others. Be mindful that when downsampled, most detailed/larger icons won't look any good in the corner. I believe that that was the main reason behind such an implementation.

5. At the moment, most widget-powered skins use Skin Helper to handle the widget scope, and currently this level of activity is not supported. As far as many skins' implementation of widgets is concerned, it should be possible already. Every widget already defines the target, type, artwork, etc. so, at least in theory, it would only be a matter of Skin Helper helping us reach these areas using the same properties defined for other widgets. But, until something like this happens, we're pretty much stuck with the options we have.

(2017-02-26, 12:13)kenmex Wrote: Hi, is there a way to show imdb or tmdb movie/TV show ratings when browsing through the lists of movies and TV shows? I cannot find any indicator no matter what view I choose.

Thanks

They are displayed in many places, just look at the thumbs, whenever you see a number, that's the rating. In the views the rating displayed is the one set as default in your scraper. There's a setting "Skin Settings/Display settings/Disable rating and votes display". If this is enabled, the ratings are never displayed.

Aside from that, by going into the infoscreen, you can see the available ratings for the chosen item (TVDB, TMDB, IMDB, Metacritic, and RottenTomatoes).

(2017-02-26, 12:14)kenmex Wrote: Also, how is this skin related to oxyGEN H2O? Is it the same developer?

Well, technically, I'm the developer of the skin, and jurialmunkey is the original creator. I have no idea what Oxygen is, this was simply a gallery given to me by a skin user, since I wanted more than my own images for the first post.

(2017-02-26, 13:20)clark_from_austria Wrote: hi thx for that skin

must i use keyboard or mouse for that skin ?

with firetv remote i cant get to the Home button

You deffinitely don't need a keyboard or mouse, this skin was originally developed for remote only. You can get pretty much anywhere using the arrows and buttons on your remote. That being said, the skin doesn't have home buttons, only skin shortcuts which you have to set up in the skin settings.

(2017-02-26, 14:19)kowalmisiek Wrote: Hello Alanon

Sorry, I only use the PVR Demo Client, so this would take me forever to achieve. And then the livetv menu wouldn't match the rest of the skin. Confused
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
@Alanon i think the slowdown problem with addons navigation mentioned before still with last V.2.2.4 Huh
i can´t find the menu for change skin settings , sorry

can i change spotlight showing online films from a special path ?

thx
(2017-02-25, 22:01)Raitsa Wrote: 1.0.1 repo works great.

The dates seem to be missing from youtube views, for example from these:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MotorTrend/videos

Two problems there. First, most of the views that worked with video actually don't have the timestamp info visible. When I tried to add this somehow, it turns out that channels don't add the dates in the same way between themselves, and they do it differently than the way in which the library content does, so there was a lot of discrepancies there.

The best I can do is probably add the date in the lower left corner, where the Next Aired info is usually located?

(2017-02-26, 16:39)majeida Wrote: @Alanon i think the slowdown problem with addons navigation mentioned before still with last V.2.2.4 Huh

I can't reproduce this issue at all. For me the skin is as fast as it has ever been. I don't even know where to start looking without more info (errors in the debug log, etc.). On which version exactly did you notice this problem?

Versions from 2.2.1 and up have contained only small fixes to the code, with no major additions or alterations. In all these updates I haven't altered anything that's related to the add-ons. You can see it all in the changelog.

Have you changed anything between versions 2.2.2 and 2.2.3? Perhaps it's something to do with an add-on you installed?

(2017-02-26, 18:51)clark_from_austria Wrote: i can´t find the menu for change skin settings , sorry

can i change spotlight showing online films from a special path ?

thx

The skin settings are located in the main settings window, they are called "Skin Settings", the last menu on the right. Inside, in the category "Home", there's a setting "Customise Home menu", it's on the top. There you can set up the main menu shortcuts and main menu widgets.

To set up a custom widget, you must select one of the menus, click on "Widget", and in the bottom ot the options you'll find "Custom item". This will open a keyboard interface where you need to paste the properly formatted custom item. You can find more info on the formats of custom widgets in the forums in the Skin Helper thread and other threads. If the site can't be made into a widget, you can still select preset widgets from Trakt, TMDb, ExtendedInfo, they are a all a part of the choices you have. Spotlight is the default, but not the only choice of widget you have.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-02-26, 14:19)kowalmisiek Wrote: Hello Alanon

Quote:Sorry, I only use the PVR Demo Client, so this would take me forever to achieve. And then the livetv menu wouldn't match the rest of the skin. Confused

The skin is ok. I want to ask about this option. I'm sure many a person would fit.

Even to this menu was always visible when switching channels for those five seconds

Under the button "i" info program.

It would be great as you did so Smile
Thank AlAnon
Please Delete
Hi Alanon,thank you for this great skin.

Any plans of releasing a first release for Kodi 18 Leia? Not asking for something special,just a release to be compatible with 18 so it does not disable it and mark it as incompatible on startup.
I tested it yesterday and it works OK, but it says it is incompatible and gets disabled on every boot.
Will undestand if it is not in your plans.

Thanks a lot.
Hi there...first I'd like to thank for this awesome skin. I was looking for something clean and simple so that my my wife and some other non-tech friends can use without being overwhelmed and I think this skin delivers.

Just a couple of quick questions and sorry if this has been asked already but a search turned up nothing.

First, how can I set a default view type? I set it to media info 2 but when I change display type (e.g. from popular to trending or genre) it always goes back to the default "List" view type. I know I've seen this with other skins so is this a Kodi issue in general?

Second, when I try to bring up an EPG it does not appear. I'm using the Schism all in one build and I thought I had everything I need.

Thanks for any help.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21