• 160(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2017-02-25, 15:50)greetoz Wrote: Not sure if it's useful info but the this fork works perfect on a 7th gen pentium g4650 with intel graphics 610.

Including MVC 3d?
(2017-02-25, 03:04)TheShoe Wrote:
(2017-02-24, 19:15)p750mmx Wrote:
(2017-02-24, 01:16)hdmkv Wrote: Don't think what he got was full 3D as his demo video shows Kodi going into TAB mode. Also, he wasn't seeing 'Hardware Based' as a decoding option.
I asked this before, but no answer was given.

What would (or could) be the difference in 3D "quality" between displaying two interlaced pictures in a 2160 resolution and the "Hardware Based" option in a 1080 resolution? Can someone explain?

3D mvc is two full resolution 1080p frames that when rendered on passive OLED 4K are essentially interlaced where the passive glasses are polarized such that each eye sees essentially the odd or even scan lines and your brain interprets the 3D

1080p passive TVs render each 1080p frame in half resolution since you need both presented at the same time to see the 3D

1080p active TVs show both fullframe images in sequence at a high refresh rate where your glasses shutter in sync with the tv to show you both at approx the same time and your brain sees 3D. active shutter requires carefully calibrated sets and extreme ambient light control to reduce eye strain and artifacts.

for SBS or OU 3D i believe you have two half resolution images displayed at the same time for passive and in sequence for active where your glasses present both at same time to your eyes and you see 3D

as far as i know anything other than MVC encoded 3D is half resolution. now it is possible that standard Kodi will take an MVC encoded movie and decode a single 2D frame and then output SBS or OU and give you the 3D effect. this is "fake" 3D in the sense that the movie was not encoded this way. it's like taking any 2D source and having your tv "upscale" to 3D.

i could also be way off here. google is your friend. but the reason we want MVC decoding is because that is full resolution for each eye. for active shutter TVs at 1080p and passive 3D TVs that are 4K

passive 1080p TVs are half res regardless of source encoding
I just had to create (lost my old logins) an account to submit my feedback because I have been testing 3D thouroghly for a while now using these releases.
Using my NUC and LG OLED65E6V I actually get best picture/perfomance running 4k resolution and not 1080p/HW acceleration.
1080p with HW just isn´t as smooth and picture quality is if possible even better in 4k.
Not sure how it all works but there is just no way i am loosing any data or 3D depth this way, I am really getting a fantastic jawdropping picture.
Now, with my old panasonic plasma, 1080p and hw acceleration was of course the right way to go but i have to say that with LG OLED, 4k display and 3D in "preferred" setting is the winner in my opinion.

My 2 cents
(2017-02-24, 19:15)p750mmx Wrote: I asked this before, but no answer was given.

What would (or could) be the difference in 3D "quality" between displaying two interlaced pictures in a 2160 resolution and the "Hardware Based" option in a 1080 resolution? Can someone explain?

3D mvc is two full resolution 1080p frames that when rendered on passive OLED 4K are essentially interlaced where the passive glasses are polarized such that each eye sees essentially the odd or even scan lines and your brain interprets the 3D

1080p passive TVs render each 1080p frame in half resolution since you need both presented at the same time to see the 3D

1080p active TVs show both fullframe images in sequence at a high refresh rate where your glasses shutter in sync with the tv to show you both at approx the same time and your brain sees 3D. active shutter requires carefully calibrated sets and extreme ambient light control to reduce eye strain and artifacts.

for SBS or OU 3D i believe you have two half resolution images displayed at the same time for passive and in sequence for active where your glasses present both at same time to your eyes and you see 3D

as far as i know anything other than MVC encoded 3D is half resolution. now it is possible that standard Kodi will take an MVC encoded movie and decode a single 2D frame and then output SBS or OU and give you the 3D effect. this is "fake" 3D in the sense that the movie was not encoded this way. it's like taking any 2D source and having your tv "upscale" to 3D.

i could also be way off here. google is your friend. but the reason we want MVC decoding is because that is full resolution for each eye. for active shutter TVs at 1080p and passive 3D TVs that are 4K

Thank you for replying, above knowledge is something I was aware of.

With the 4K 3D passive generation, specific the Oled's, there is a whole new player to the ballgame. And what was before maybe isn't really up to date info anymore regarding this.

I compared in my situation 3D with this specific Kodi build in W10 using BR ISO's on;
(with auto refresh-rate active)

- an 1080P active 3D Plasma (with the "hardware" setting > 1080p/60Hz) Haswell hardware
- an 1080P passive 3D LCD (with the "hardware" setting > 1080p/60Hz) Haswell hardware
- an 2160P passive 3D Oled (with "hardware" setting thru HDMI 1.4 > 1080p/60Hz) Haswell hardware
- an 2160P passive 3D Oled (with "interlaced" setting thru DP 1.2 > HDMI 2.0a > 2160p/30Hz ) Haswell hardware (no picture when "hardware" selected, and screen stays black)
- an 2160P passive 3D Oled (with "interlaced" setting thru DP 1.2 > HDMI 2.0a > 2160p/60Hz ) Kaby Lake hardware (no picture when "hardware" selected, and screen stays black)

The last 3 give the best 3D picture and experience overall, but the last one is top notch (as far as that goes for 3D at home), maybe this is Kaby Lake related?

So maybe, in some cases, there should not be a focus on the "hardware" part in the 3D settings, that is what I mean?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2017-02-25, 18:40)Givemeabreak Wrote:
(2017-02-24, 19:15)p750mmx Wrote: I asked this before, but no answer was given.

I just had to create (lost my old logins) an account to submit my feedback because I have been testing 3D thouroghly for a while now using these releases.
Using my NUC and LG OLED65E6V I actually get best picture/perfomance running 4k resolution and not 1080p/HW acceleration.
1080p with HW just isn´t as smooth and picture quality is if possible even better in 4k.
Not sure how it all works but there is just no way i am loosing any data or 3D depth this way, I am really getting a fantastic jawdropping picture.
Now, with my old panasonic plasma, 1080p and hw acceleration was of course the right way to go but i have to say that with LG OLED, 4k display and 3D in "preferred" setting is the winner in my opinion.

My 2 cents

This is exactly my results also! Same TV (great choice!) so I'm glad I wasn't just going crazy.
(2017-02-25, 18:15)safcsat Wrote:
(2017-02-25, 15:50)greetoz Wrote: Not sure if it's useful info but the this fork works perfect on a 7th gen pentium g4650 with intel graphics 610.

Including MVC 3d?
Well, there is no G4650 (it's a G4560) Wink but it is without any doubt possible (see signature), depending on the hardware overall and the settings with that.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Hi, and greetings to the forum members.
I just registered to this forum.
I want to thank you hdmkv for your great help.I got a htpc based on intel i3 4th generation and, following you advises in the first post, I was able ti finally use Kodi for my mkv.mvc without the need of the external player. Thanks again and I will follow you and kodi.
BlushBlush
Nice! Intel MVC quality is quite something isn't it?! Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Yes, really nice. My next step will be a htpc for everything, including 4K HDR.
Any idea? My TV is Panasonic TX-58DX780E.
OH BOY SO MUCH TO READ.. I been reading for hours now.

I just do not know where to go next...

Suggestions.. Say a Budget of up to $1K?

I want the best of everything for Audio and Video, I do not care about gaming I have an Xbox , Xbox 360, Xbox one,, RPi3 (retropie) and an arcade machine (windows with hyperspin).
(2017-02-25, 21:54)Comp1demon Wrote: OH BOY SO MUCH TO READ.. I been reading for hours now.

I just do not know where to go next...

Suggestions.. Say a Budget of up to $1K?

I want the best of everything for Audio and Video, I do not care about gaming I have an Xbox , Xbox 360, Xbox one,, RPi3 (retropie) and an arcade machine (windows with hyperspin).

see @hdmkv post above to you. i think he has the best suggestion for you

also - as everyone is saying: the 2016 LG OLED sets are just stunning. can't be said enough. it is such a disappointment they dropped 3D from their 2017 lineup. ce est la vie!

i would also suggest that the hardware, software, and monitor/TVs have started to get so good and reasonably priced that one day soon we will be satisfied with real-time 3D conversion from a 2D source. after all, most movies are not shot with 3D camers but post-processed from 2D sources. it's all just software. i do find this set can do a fine job already here that seems to impress people

imagine if a director could create a meta-data set of on-the-fly editing that you download into your software and it converts/applies it on the fly to give you what the director would have intended if he/she produced a 3D version for retail. damn. you read it here first folks - my idea Wink
(2017-02-25, 18:43)p750mmx Wrote: - an 2160P passive 3D Oled (with "interlaced" setting thru DP 1.2 > HDMI 2.0a > 2160p/30Hz ) Haswell hardware (no picture when "hardware" selected, and screen stays black)
- an 2160P passive 3D Oled (with "interlaced" setting thru DP 1.2 > HDMI 2.0a > 2160p/60Hz ) Kaby Lake hardware (no picture when "hardware" selected, and screen stays black)
Your TV can activate 3d @ 2160p? My 2015 Sony won't do that.
Intel NUC6CAYH + afedchin's Kodi Windows MVC + LG OLED 55E6
Active 3D with 2160p is not possible. Simply it's not specified. 3D active only
works with 1080p, because with that the hardware (TV, projector) is build.

If there is 3D with that resolution it's not framepacking...
(2017-02-27, 17:11)Gizzmo Wrote: Active 3D with 2160p is not possible. Simply it's not specified. 3D active only
works with 1080p, because with that the hardware (TV, projector) is build.

If there is 3D with that resolution it's not framepacking...
This could be the case, but whats remains is, does it matter in the situations that has been discussed in the last pages (4K/passive 3D)? Does it gives a (noticeable) visual advantage or is it something between the ears?
@ hdmkv

Sorry 4 dumb questions:
1.Wich drivers are you suggesting to be used on a Dell Inspiron micro 3050 [windows 8.1]??
2.Using hdmi out I'm getting "hand shake" issues[I'm watcing 3d isos using this configurationBig Grinell 3050--Pioneer receiver--3d TV].So ,I'm thinking to use hdmi out 4 hi-res audio plugged in my receiver,and in the same time DP output plugged directly to my tv set[using a dp to hdmi adapter].
Question:do you think hdmi out and dp out can work simultaneously on my 3050?

N
P.S.Same problems using my android devices.I solved the problem using a simple hdmi splitter[pasive].On windows this method does not work 'cause windows is smarter than android...:-))
Dell micro 3050,toshiba encore wt8-a-102,Belink MXIII,DidUbuy S95 Dragon Pro,Minix Neo 8H plus,Tronsmart mk908II
This is my first post on any forum.

I need to re download KodiSetup-20170201-68e6a3a-msdk_mvc_wip installer after accidentally losing it.

The link to http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.exe no longer exists as it appears to be too old.

I was progressing well developing a HTPC around a Shuttle XH170V bare bones case using Intel i5-6600 processor and am now tearing my hair out after deciding to do a rebuild and finding I had deleted the file

Can anybody on the forum help?
  • 160(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10