• 11(current)
Kyra for Kodi 2
I have your latest build and was viewing the music section. I am able to see all of my album art, but none of the artist art is coming through along with the artist information. Is there a setting that I need to set up for this?
(2017-02-23, 15:15)jeff363 Wrote: I have your latest build and was viewing the music section. I am able to see all of my album art, but none of the artist art is coming through along with the artist information. Is there a setting that I need to set up for this?

No, I am getting the thumbnail field from Kodi. You could try to set one again in Kodi by going to the artist, context menu, select information and click on the get thumb.

And what kind of artist information are you missing?

Just to be sure: you are running kodi 17?

If you want to change the fan art in the app you need to have tagged your music with musicbrainz identifiers.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2017-02-23, 15:26)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-02-23, 15:15)jeff363 Wrote: I have your latest build and was viewing the music section. I am able to see all of my album art, but none of the artist art is coming through along with the artist information. Is there a setting that I need to set up for this?

No, I am getting the thumbnail field from Kodi. You could try to set one again in Kodi by going to the artist, context menu, select information and click on the get thumb.

And what kind of artist information are you missing?

Just to be sure: you are running kodi 17?

If you want to change the fan art in the app you need to have tagged your music with musicbrainz identifiers.

I realized my error, I needed to update the thumbs from within kodi.

The only other issue that I notice is that my kodi shows that I have 688 artist, but the app only shows 108. I believe this to be because my kodi shows all artist, including the ones identified in compilation albums, which I have a lot of....however, that is not reflected in the app. Is this correct?
(2017-02-24, 05:01)jeff363 Wrote: I realized my error, I needed to update the thumbs from within kodi.

The only other issue that I notice is that my kodi shows that I have 688 artist, but the app only shows 108. I believe this to be because my kodi shows all artist, including the ones identified in compilation albums, which I have a lot of....however, that is not reflected in the app. Is this correct?

Correct, currently I am passing the setting "albumartistsonly".

I can make a setting for this. It will then give you all the artists. It has one side affect. When selecting an artist, the albums for that artist will be retrieved, which would be none then, because a compilation album could have only a various artistid attached to it and not all the artistids for that album.
To make this work I need to retrieve all songs and check if that matches the artistid.
Is the one here (ver.2) the same one you download from apstore? If not how to get this version 2.
(2017-02-24, 20:26)calexicoca Wrote: Is the one here (ver.2) the same one you download from apstore? If not how to get this version 2.

It's not the one on the App Store. Version 2 is currently being developed and only available as a test version.
As requested I have done some improvements to the personal dashboard and added some cool new features.
The bottom bar, from which the items can be dragged to the top, is now sorted.

In the general settings you can configure which items you want to see on the dashboard. The could save some time if, for example, you only want to see movies.

Further more I have added some labels (total artists, albums) and the total albums and artists big buttons (with rotating images).

And really cool I think, real time Kodi statistics, like:
- Now playing title
- Progress percentage
- A progress bar
- The current time of the playing item
- The total time of the playing item.

As feedback I got back that it would be handy to see what areas are being blocked. You can now enable / disable this in the general settings under personal dashboard.

And some more buttons, like music, progress, etc are now added.

Build 10 is now available.

The release notes:

- Lots of improvements made to the personal dashboard. You can now configure which items you want to see on the dashboard. Realtime updated Kodi statistics are available, like currently playing, percentage, current time, total time and a progress bar. New buttons have been added.

If you want to be a part of the test team, please leave a message. You will automatically get the latest build to play with!
- The sorting order of TV and Radio channels aren't picked up. In the Kyra app it's all OK but Kyra 2 not yet.
- Volume up, down, mute, unmute buttons in the dashboard would be great.
(2017-02-26, 19:39)McYoshi Wrote: - The sorting order of TV and Radio channels aren't picked up. In the Kyra app it's all OK but Kyra 2 not yet.
- Volume up, down, mute, unmute buttons in the dashboard would be great.

The current sorting order is based on channelids. Should that option also be there, or should I, just like v1 leave it unsorted and thus depend it on the way Kodi return them?

I agree with you on the volume buttons for the dashboard. I will add them.
I think the way your first Kyra handled the channels works for me. Don't know if other PVR users agree?

Also, have you considered using the dashboard as a sort of Kiosk mode? Would be great for my parents Wink Then they won't get lost in a menu in the app. Just the dashboard and a back button in the content windows.
(2017-02-26, 19:56)McYoshi Wrote: I think the way your first Kyra handled the channels works for me. Don't know if other PVR users agree?

Also, have you considered using the dashboard as a sort of Kiosk mode? Would be great for my parents Wink Then they won't get lost in a menu in the app. Just the dashboard and a back button in the content windows.

You could start the dashboard immediately when the app starts (via settings). I still have on my to do list a long press handler.
When an item is long pressed it pops up a menu (to play for instance)...maybe it's an idea to give some additional information (in case of a movie, the year, overview, last played, etc). Then you never have to leave the dashboard.
All the info is in memory anyway.
I have started with the library management option. This option allows you to edit the Kodi database. I still have no idea which items would be interesting to edit, so I began with the basic ones.

Custom Commands are often plugin specific, so the ability to add a command via your own text input would be very very useful.

You could not possible list them all... so manually adding them is a must
Looking great ! Would it be possible to make switching the Kodi device the remote is controlling easier?

As in. It haveing to go into settings to switch the device? Can it be added to dashboard perhaps?
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi 26