PVR manager won't start up connecting over network
Kodi 16.1+dfsg1-2 is running in Ubuntu 16.10 x64. Mediaportal PVR plugin installed via apt install as suggested in wiki. (1.13.2+git20160301-1).
My TvServer instance is running in a VM (same machine as Kodi). MediaPortal 2 spring 2016 / weekly snapshot 2016-08-20. It's working fine. Kodi plugin for TvServer: TVServerKodi plugin v1.13.100.133

When Kodi starts, there's a notification at the top of screen saying "PVR manager is starting up" and it always hangs at "Loading recordings from clients".
Kodi log at ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log is super scarse on any details. The only line about PVR is "PVRManager - starting up". Log stops some 10 lines after, but those lines are from other modules.

Any help / explanation greatly apperciated.
Select "Enable debug logging" under System/Settings/System/Logging to get more logging details in your log file.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Exclamation 
HELP!

I am using a fire stick (up to date) with the most recent version of Kodi (17) and I followed several videos and set up the PVR client. I entered a url for a playlist and it said it added 41 channels. I even restarted the fire stick but for some reason, when I try to watch the live tv channels NOTHING EVER LOADS! In the top right corner it will say "PVR manager is starting up: 0%" and the little icon keeps going in circles but NOTHING happens. What am I missing here?

I found this site: http://www.iptvurls.com/iptv-m3u-playlis...-feb-2017/
and I used this link: http://37.75.14.66:8888/playlist.m3u8
Once I added it and it said the PVR client had to restart, it said 41 channels added but nothing will load. I tried the url link above this one and it loaded 2 channels but the same thing always happens, nothing will actually show up on the screen.... forever starting up the PVR manager.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Also, if you have any good suggestions for url's for more channels, please post them here! Thank you in advance for any help guys!

Also to Margo who posted about the logging: I tried to download the dropbox add-on but it wouldn't work and kept saying to check the log but how do you do that? And would I even know what I was looking at to find the problem if I'm not a techy? I can't seem to get that to work either.
(2017-02-27, 21:52)tedda1214 Wrote: HELP!

I am using a fire stick (up to date) with the most recent version of Kodi (17) and I followed several videos and set up the PVR client. I entered a url for a playlist and it said it added 41 channels. I even restarted the fire stick but for some reason, when I try to watch the live tv channels NOTHING EVER LOADS! In the top right corner it will say "PVR manager is starting up: 0%" and the little icon keeps going in circles but NOTHING happens. What am I missing here?

I found this site: http://www.iptvurls.com/iptv-m3u-playlis...-feb-2017/
and I used this link: http://37.75.14.66:8888/playlist.m3u8
Once I added it and it said the PVR client had to restart, it said 41 channels added but nothing will load. I tried the url link above this one and it loaded 2 channels but the same thing always happens, nothing will actually show up on the screen.... forever starting up the PVR manager.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Also, if you have any good suggestions for url's for more channels, please post them here! Thank you in advance for any help guys!

Also to Margo who posted about the logging: I tried to download the dropbox add-on but it wouldn't work and kept saying to check the log but how do you do that? And would I even know what I was looking at to find the problem if I'm not a techy? I can't seem to get that to work either.

Are you actually using the MediaPortal PVR client?
Every video I watched used the PVR IPTV Simple Client. it said:

Open Kodi
Select SYSTEM
Select TV (or Live TV if you are on a version lower than 15.2 and if you are then consider updating)
Select General
Select Enabled
You will now see a pop-up saying that you have no PVR Client enabled. Select OK
Scroll down and select PVR IPTV Simple Client
Select Enable
Select Configure
In General select M3U Play List URL
Add your M3U URL into the address section
Select OK
Select OK again
Reboot Kodi
On your Home Screen you should now see TV (or Live TV if on an older version of Kodi). Open that to see the live channel list
The list should look like this. Select a channel for it to load and play
The PVR Simple Client should now be setup with live tv streams available.

Do you know how to do it right? If so can you provide the step by step info or a correct youtube video to follow?
You're asking in the MediaPortal TV client section of the forum. I'm guessing that's why no-one is able to help you.
I'm getting the "PVR manager is starting up" on my Android Samsung Galaxy Note4 phone with KODI 17.0 Krypton trying to connect to MediaPortal 1.12 server with KodiServer installed n Windows 10
This used to work on KODI 16.0 on my Note 4.

I enabled debug logging and got:
DEBUG: AddOnLog: PVR - PVRConnectionState Change - state for connection ''' on client 'MediaPortal PVR Client' changed from '7' to '1'
ERROR: AddOnLog: MedialPortal PVR Client: Could not connect to MediaPortal TV Server backend
ERROR: PVR - ConnectionStateChange - invalid handler data

I tried KODI 16 on Windows 10 as the same server as MediaPortal server and that connects OK.

Regards
Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR manager won't start up connecting over network0