"Recently Added" sub-menu on Home screen is missing in Kodi 17
Greetings.

I was a big fan of the "Recently Added" sub-menu under Movies and TV Shows in Kodi 16 and earlier.

I recently upgraded to Kodi 17, and found that the sub-menu has been removed under Movies and TV Shows.

I tried to use the Library Node Editor add-on to make the necessary modification, but was unsuccessful.

How can I go about re-adding the "Recently Added" sub-menu under Movies and TV Shows in Kodi 17?
PR pending - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11545
Hi,

I found myself trying 17rc3, and just can't handle the new skin on a 65" screen... way too in-your-face, and not enough fanart (and certainly lacking cowbell entirely). So, back to Confluence.

I did read up on how the add-on editor can change the various sub-menus, and while it's a PITA, I'm sure that I can live with it.

Getting "recently added" back on the menu was step one, but there are a few questions, and I think this thread is the right place to ask

1) I was going to ask how to get "recently added" back to the left (top) side of the list, but it looks like the PR is already addressing this. - - so, good job!

2) I have a L A R G E library (... Tremendous really, having the best people working on it... Big Grin ) , and in K16, I edited my AdvancedSettings to show 100 recently added items. Right now, that line is still in there, but I have 0 (that's ZERO) recently added movies showing in that submenu item.

Is that a known bug, or should I remove the line in AdvancedSettings... and if I do remove it, how do I display that 100 again?

Thanks for your consideration and reply,

v.
Hi Hitcher,
When is your feature being released?
Keen to get Recently Added sub menu back onto the confluence skin since upgrading to krypton.

Thanks
Hoping to get "Recently Added" back, what about removing menu items? Like "Studios" and "Directors", can that be done?
Please bring "Recently Added" back.
(2017-01-25, 13:53)Hitcher Wrote: PR pending - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11545

OK .... so then how to get this (either in Confluence, which I've changed to in v17, or with the standard skin)?

I tried Library Node Editor and was able to mess around in it, re-ordering labels and creating a new sub tab. I was NOT able to find a rule that selected library items based on "when added".

Even if the standard "Recently Added' super tab (above the main tabs) could be enlarged from 5 to, say, 25, the ;problem would be solved.

Any way to do any of this?
That patch was recently merged into nightly builds.
(2017-02-28, 01:58)Hitcher Wrote: That patch was recently merged into nightly builds.

So ... download a nightly build and "recently added" problem is solved?
(2017-02-28, 01:58)Hitcher Wrote: That patch was recently merged into nightly builds.

Hot dog! Installed last night's Nightly and voilla!

1. Is there a way to edit "Recently Installed" to either go further back in time, or include a larger number of titles (I think it's now at 20 or 25)?

That did'nt work for me. Still not getting "Recently Added Movie" on my sub-menu Sad
Master not Krypton.
(2017-03-01, 14:35)Beaker Wrote:

That did'nt work for me. Still not getting "Recently Added Movie" on my sub-menu Sad

I can explain how I got it to work (win7 machine, nightly build 2/27):

First you need to download/install the program add-on "Library Node Editor". Then, clicking on "Programs" allows you to open the editor.

You will see "Recently Added" down at the bottom of the list. I think you right click on that sub-menu and then click on "change order of nodes". By moving it to the top of the list it will both appear, and appear first.

Also, nodes you don't want (e.g., "Directors" or "countries") can be deleted.

You need to quit Kodi and restart it for the changes to take place.
(2017-03-01, 17:03)right.vote Wrote:
(2017-03-01, 14:35)Beaker Wrote:

First you need to download/install the program add-on "Library Node Editor". Then, clicking on "Programs" allows you to open the editor.
You will see "Recently Added" down at the bottom of the list. I think you right click on that sub-menu and then click on "change order of nodes". By moving it to the top of the list it will both appear, and appear first.
Also, nodes you don't want (e.g., "Directors" or "countries") can be deleted.

Thanks.. That did the trick.
No need to use the node editor if you install a master nightly build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Recently Added" sub-menu on Home screen is missing in Kodi 170