• 48(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
First of all I wanted to say thank you for the add-on. I am new to Kodi but so far it has been the best add-on I have used. I have a question regarding artwork. The thumbnail for artist and album art is showing up correctly (I believe thats coming from spotify). I am having problems with, what I think is called fanart. The background changes to an image of the artist when an artist is selected, but only when the artist exists in my local music. Otherwise it just shows the default background. Is their an add-on that works with the spotify add-on that will pull in this additional artwork?

Thanks
Kodi crashes immediately after starting the addon. OSX 10.12.3. Log:

Code:
19:06:19.756 T:123145531961344   DEBUG: Spotify --> waiting for service...
19:06:19.757 T:123145542770688   DEBUG: Skin Helper Service --> Kodi_Monitor: sender xbmc - method: Input.OnInputFinished  - data: null
19:06:19.760 T:123145533571072   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
19:06:19.760 T:123145533571072    INFO: initializing python engine.
19:06:19.760 T:123145533571072   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(25, /Users/teemue/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/spotifyservice.py): start processing
19:06:19.783 T:123145533571072   DEBUG: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:06:19.783 T:123145533571072   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(25, /Users/teemue/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/spotifyservice.py): the source file to load is "/Users/teemue/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/spotifyservice.py"
19:06:19.783 T:123145533571072   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(25, /Users/teemue/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/spotifyservice.py): setting the Python path to /Users/teemue/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify:/Users/teemue/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib:/Users/teemue/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib:/Users/teemue/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.six/lib:/Users/teemue/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.unidecode/lib:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools-18.4-py2.7.egg:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Pillow-3.0.0-py2.7-macosx-10.4-x86_64.egg:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python27.zip:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.7:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.7/plat-darwin:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.7/plat-mac:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.7/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.7/lib-tk:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.7/lib-old:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload:/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python2.7/site-packages
19:06:19.783 T:123145533571072   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(25, /Users/teemue/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/spotifyservice.py): entering source directory /Users/teemue/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify
19:06:19.783 T:123145533571072   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(25, /Users/teemue/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/spotifyservice.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.audio.spotify" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
19:06:19.922 T:123145533571072  NOTICE: Spotify --> Your platform (x86_64 System.Platform.OSX)
19:06:20.151 T:140735683093440   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Pointer.xml) ------
19:06:20.328 T:140735683093440   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------
19:06:20.378 T:123145533571072  NOTICE: Spotify --> Starting background service...
Hello all, I just knew about this addon.
Could somebody tell me if it's working with kodi krypton?
Yes
Just a few notes on Libreelex V17 on S905X and this addon. If some logs are needed, then please let me know?

The addon intermittently crashes Kodi on Libreelec 7.95 beta 5. 11th Jan release. Kodi 17 RC1 restarts.

The addon doesn't take focus of the window, so the album art doesn't change per track in any Spotify play list, unless you refresh the view, or arrow down to the playing track.

I guess after all the addon is beta, although its been static for some time now.
I just upgraded kodi to krypton and the addon is causing the crash of kodi when I launch it.
I'm running kodi on an iMac and last version of MacOS.
Had someone else the same problem?
(2016-05-14, 20:29)Purge Wrote: The Addon still wont start for me Sad
Login Error : unable to connect to server

Hi!
This login error seams to be related to the Spotify premium user account itself. When I logon with my Spotify premium user account I get the same error message (Unable to connect to server). But when I logon with my friends premium user account it works.

Is there any difference between Spotify premium user accounts what server you are granted to access?
I tried to make it work on latest Kodi Krypton, on Windows 10, before trying on Linux, but none of the songs start. Anybody who has this working?

Sent from Tapatalk from my Z5 Compact
Plugin does not seem to work on Libreelec 8.0 final with Kodi17.

Code:
14:39:27.700 T:140013701105408   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'spotipy.oauth2.SpotifyOauthError'>
                                            Error Contents: Bad Request
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/plugin.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                Main().main()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/plugincontent.py", line 1146, in main
                                                if self.checkLoginDetails():
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/plugincontent.py", line 1074, in checkLoginDetails
                                                self.token = util.prompt_for_user_token(username)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/libs/spotipy/util.py", line 59, in prompt_for_user_token
                                                token_info = sp_oauth.get_access_token(code)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/libs/spotipy/oauth2.py", line 213, in get_access_token
                                                raise SpotifyOauthError(response.reason)
                                            SpotifyOauthError: Bad Request
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
14:39:28.356 T:140015729759488   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/
14:39:28.357 T:140015729759488   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/) failed
Hi Marcelveldt

I was playing come musics on Spotify addon. Everything works well done. But there some details, that I note:

1. The spotify has some Remasters, Reworked musics, so, this way, whem the song is show on kodi, show like this: Maneater - Remaster
So, this way, the addon CU LRC lyrics don't find the lyrics, because the addon thinks this is a different song than Maneater.

This happen to others variants: Reworked, remaster,

How about to include on Spotify addon, an section to us include some terms like: (remaster) (reworked version) etc etc. to exclude this terms when playing the song. In the lists it's ok, just in music fullscreem.

In time, folow some images to show what happen

watch gallery
(2017-02-26, 15:41)Ballistic Wrote: Plugin does not seem to work on Libreelec 8.0 final with Kodi17.

Code:
14:39:27.700 T:140013701105408   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'spotipy.oauth2.SpotifyOauthError'>
                                            Error Contents: Bad Request
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/plugin.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                Main().main()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/plugincontent.py", line 1146, in main
                                                if self.checkLoginDetails():
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/plugincontent.py", line 1074, in checkLoginDetails
                                                self.token = util.prompt_for_user_token(username)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/libs/spotipy/util.py", line 59, in prompt_for_user_token
                                                token_info = sp_oauth.get_access_token(code)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/libs/spotipy/oauth2.py", line 213, in get_access_token
                                                raise SpotifyOauthError(response.reason)
                                            SpotifyOauthError: Bad Request
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
14:39:28.356 T:140015729759488   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/
14:39:28.357 T:140015729759488   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/) failed

As far as i can recall i did not change anything but it started working all of a sudden after a few reboots.
I'm having a problem with Spotify. I can play songs just fine but after one song, it will exit out and go back to the playlist and stop playing. Basically, I am able to play one track then nothing. Tried a fresh install of the addon and wiped all the data that goes along with it to no avail. Any thoughts on why this might be happening? Using Titan beta 3.745, (not sure if this is skin related or not), Krypton.
Just in case anyone has the same issue. After updating to Krypton I had to deinstall the addon and reinstall to get the addon to work. I'm on windows 10.
(2017-03-01, 15:15)DarkHelmet Wrote: Just in case anyone has the same issue. After updating to Krypton I had to deinstall the addon and reinstall to get the addon to work. I'm on windows 10.
Maybe someone else can confirm this for MacOS. At least for me, it didn't work.
Thanks anyway.
Cant get it to work on libreelec. Have tried everything....
Got it to work on windows though.. But yeah not on my PI3
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17