• 7(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
(2017-02-28, 16:38)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-02-28, 15:45)kingkearney Wrote: Love what your doing with the skin, wouldn't mind being able to view the genre Icons on the Thumbnails view.

Does no one use extrathumbs (screenshots) anymore ? Id love to be able to use them with this skin. All my movies have 10 screenshots in their extrathumbs folder, i just don't have the know how to edit one of your views to include them.

The genre icons are a problem spot for Kodi. Currently, the only way to display them is one icon per one focused item (like in the list view). Thumbs try to do it all at once, and sadly, there's no other way to achieve such a view other that in that way. Now, some skins go around the problem by extracting genre icons into the skin itself, and manually adding them into variables. But that limits you to just that one iconset, bloats the skin size, etc... The same goes for studios. So until there's a better internal method handling this, we're stuck. Sad

You're right about the extrathumbs. I can't remember the last time I saw them included in a skin (Well, except for madnox, which is in many ways the exception since it's based on Shednox). Seems a shame to waste the artwork just sitting there.

I'm not sure if it's doable, but I think I could randomize the extrathumb displayed in the views that support it (logo/clearart lists, media info 1-3, list info 1-3, etc.)? There's not really room for adding multiple thumbs at the same time. Ideally, I'd implement a randomized rotation of the available extrathumbs, but that would probably increase the load in the views, since they'd rotate the backgrounds, presumably animate the poster, and then rotate the extrathumbs, all at the same time.

Any thoughts?

I agree about not having enough room to display multiple thumbs, me personally think it makes for a over crowded screen anyway. When I was using Arctic: Zephyr I edited one of the views to use extrathumbs and it didn't have much effect to the overall performance of the skin. As you rightly mention though, if people use the animated posters as well as rotating backgrounds then the view screen will take a hit in performance. I tend not to use the animated posters as I prefer a clean image instead of posters with writing on it, some like them some don't.

I'm guessing you would implement it in a way that they can be turned on and off like you do with the landscape image via context menu.
(2017-03-01, 01:36)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-01, 00:23)powermarcel10 Wrote: Yes Im running 2.2.5..

I think I've got it now. It'll be included in the next repo update, or you can get it from the latest zip from GitHub (third link in the OP).
Its working! Thanks! [emoji106] [emoji123]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk
(2017-02-28, 23:53)Alanon Wrote: Yeah, I just noticed the other day that the QuickNav background still appears even when the list is empty. Whenever there are no items, there should be no dropdown. I've just added conditions for the animations and the background that are item-sensitive, so that nothing will drop down, as long as there aren't any shortcuts. Will be included in the next update. If you want to test it immediately, you can download the zip from the third link in the OP.

As far as the artefacts are concerned, I believe that they might be a consequence of an unsupported aspect ratio, not of a high resolution? At the moment, the only supported AR is 16:9. If you can adjust the image processing on your monitor/tv to stretch to 16:9, or set Kodi itself to any 16:9 resolution, I believe the artefacts will go away?

I could be wrong, of course, but if I am correct, the only solution to this would be to completely adjust every positioning of every item in the skin.

When the empty quicknav will not be displayed this should be the perfect solution. Thanks!

My resolution is indeed not 16:9 (ultrawide monitor with 3440x1440). And I agree .. the best solution would be a completely responsive design which is not depending on a certain aspect ratio .. but I imagine this would be a major change to the inner workings of the skin
Hi Alanon,

It's great to see this great skin revived Smile

is there an option to disable the spinning CD?

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
get an script.skin.helper.service

error when installing it...
how to fix?
(2017-03-01, 19:40)GuRu23 Wrote: When the empty quicknav will not be displayed this should be the perfect solution. Thanks!

My resolution is indeed not 16:9 (ultrawide monitor with 3440x1440). And I agree .. the best solution would be a completely responsive design which is not depending on a certain aspect ratio .. but I imagine this would be a major change to the inner workings of the skin

The only skin I've seen that does something like this is the Estuary mod, but it includes two completely distinct xml folders adjusted for 16:9 and 16:10. And even then, there are still resolutions that don't fit into either.

(2017-03-03, 07:05)Blurayx Wrote: Hi Alanon,

It's great to see this great skin revived Smile

is there an option to disable the spinning CD?

At the moment, no. There are only options to control which CD graphics to use when there's no DiscArt. If I removed the art altogether, I'd have to redesign the entire OSD. It might happen, but not soon.

(2017-03-03, 14:52)mopblub Wrote: get an script.skin.helper.service

error when installing it...
how to fix?

Try to install the add-on manually, ad re-attempt to install the skin then.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-03-03, 15:11)Alanon Wrote: Try to install the add-on manually, ad re-attempt to install the skin then.

got it now delte all script.helper.services folder manuelly and install your mod!

thx Smile
Quote:
(2017-02-26, 14:19)kowalmisiek Wrote: Hello Alanon

Thank you for your job. This is my Favourite skin.

Could you do such a menu to live TV?
Time: Start and stop the current program
Time: Start and stop the next program
Quote:Sorry, I only use the PVR Demo Client, so this would take me forever to achieve. And then the livetv menu wouldn't match the rest of the skin. Confused

The skin is ok. I want to ask about this option. I'm sure many a person would fit.

Info

Enter + Arrow up

Full info

Even to this menu was always visible when switching channels for those five seconds

Under the button "i" info program.

It would be great as you did so Smile
Thank AlAnon
Hello Alanon

You manage something with the PVR menu to do?
What is new in version 2.2.6? Smile

Hi,

Great skin, is it possible to still show widgets from the menu whilst the video is playing in the background?

Cheers
new problem on kodi 17 Sad
when i want to try version 2.2.6 from your repo i get error because script.skinshortcuts seems to need 1.0.15 but on stock repo only get the 1.0.13
can you please fix it that ti works on 1.0.13 ?
(2017-03-03, 20:34)kowalmisiek Wrote: Hello Alanon

You manage something with the PVR menu to do?

Not yet, it's going to take a while...

(2017-03-03, 23:08)powermarcel10 Wrote: What is new in version 2.2.6? Smile

I just pushed the bugfixes mentioned in the thread to the repo. If you've installed the zip earlier, you won't see any difference, except for the version bump.

(2017-03-04, 00:38)kjb85 Wrote: Hi,

Great skin, is it possible to still show widgets from the menu whilst the video is playing in the background?

Cheers

I don't know if there was ever that option, but currently, no. The video will always hide all the widgets, that setting is pretty ingrained with the way widgets function.

(2017-03-04, 10:47)mopblub Wrote: new problem on kodi 17 Sad
when i want to try version 2.2.6 get error because script.skinshortcuts seems to need 1.0.15 but on stock repo only get the 1.0.13
can you please fix it that ti works on 1.0.13 ?

You need to get acquainted with the first post. Wink

The skin requires the beta add-ons, not the add-ons from the official Kodi repo. That means you need marcelveldt's beta repo, which holds the proper versions of the skin dependencies. Having this repo installed will also mean that you won't have issues with auto-installing dependencies. These beta add-ons get updated much faster and with features that I try to integrate in the skin as soon as possible. The kodi repo add-ons get updated once per version, so even if you were to use just the official ones, it's a matter of time before new features or changes come along that will make them redundant for this mod.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Yes sorry I didn't read it after installing the beta repo from 1 st post I was able to install it.
My bad sorry.

Thanks for the fast support
Hi Alanon!

I noticied that my Linux HTPC based was 100% CPU Usage when I use yout Eminence 2 MOD skin. If I switch to official Eminence 2 the problem is gone. So I'm testing replacing the xml files and finaly I found the problem.

The problem is the Includes_Object.xml file. If I delete these lines:

Quote: <include name="Object_Scrollbar_Alphabet">
<!--Letter Scrollbar-->
<control type="image">
<left>-5</left>
<bottom>-98</bottom>
<width>width</width>
<height>58</height>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="80" time="50" condition="Control.HasFocus(6015)">Conditional</animation>
<texture colordiffuse="DialogBG">scroll/sbl_backround.png</texture>
<visible>Control.HasFocus(6015) + Skin.HasSetting(AlphabetScrollbar)</visible>
</control>
<control type="panel" id="6015">
<onup>50</onup>
<ondown condition="!String.IsEqual(Window(home).Property(HubReturn),Home)">ActivateWindow($INFO[Window(home).Property(HubReturn)])</ondown>
<bottom>-100</bottom>
<left>0</left>
<height>50</height>
<width>1880</width>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(AlphabetScrollbar)</visible>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="50" condition="!Control.HasFocus(6015)">Conditional</animation>
<itemlayout height="41" width="40">
<control type="image">
<texture colordiffuse="LineLabel">scroll/1/$INFO[ListItem.Label].png</texture>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="20" time="0" condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(NotAvailable))">Conditional</animation>
</control>
<control type="image">
<texture colordiffuse="white">scroll/1/$INFO[ListItem.Label].png</texture>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
<visible>String.IsEqual(ListItem.Label,Container.ListItem.SortLetter)</visible>
</control>
</itemlayout>
<focusedlayout height="41" width="40">
<control type="image">
<texture colordiffuse="$VAR[HighlightColor]">scroll/1/$INFO[ListItem.Label].png</texture>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0" condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(NotAvailable))">Conditional</animation>
</control>
</focusedlayout>
<content>plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=alphabet&amp;reload=$INFO[Container.NumItems]</content>
</control>
</include>

The CPU usage is perfect. With the lines, 100% CPU usage again.

I found that problem is only present in Linux distro...I don't know why.

Thanks and regards Wink
(2017-03-04, 16:47)tocinillo Wrote: Hi Alanon!

I noticied that my Linux HTPC based was 100% CPU Usage when I use yout Eminence 2 MOD skin. If I switch to official Eminence 2 the problem is gone. So I'm testing replacing the xml files and finaly I found the problem.

The problem is the Includes_Object.xml file. If I delete these lines:

The CPU usage is perfect. With the lines, 100% CPU usage again.

I found that problem is only present in Linux distro...I don't know why.

Thanks and regards Wink

First off, let me say I've never used Linux, so I can't comment on that side of things. However, if I had to guess, I'd say that the problem is not in the code, but what the code enables. That include defines the use of the alphabet scrollbar, which is a special feature of Skin Helper. It enumerates the contents of whatever container you're in (videos, tvshows, add-ons, etc.) in order to present you with an alphabet bar. When you click on a letter in that bar, it leads you to the point in the list which starts in that letter name. It starts processing this info every time a new list is entered, which should explain the constancy of the CPU bottleneck, as I presume linux has certain ways of dealing with the load that's not congenial to the add-on.

There's no real way of fixing this in the skin, I'll write to marcel, hopefully he might have an idea. In the meantime, I think you can find the same feature in skins like Madnox or Titan, have you had similar issues there as well?

Also, instead of deleting the code, have you tried ticking the skin setting off? "Use alphabet scrollbar" controls whether the include will be used in the views. It should be the easiest way to bypass the issue, since the plugin wouldn't even be started. Could you test this?

Hope I've been of some help.

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21