• 64(current)
Beta Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)
(2017-02-26, 18:21)niksimpson Wrote: Many of the skin shortcuts seem to be broken. For example the link to recently added movies takes you to the top of "Video" folder tree, then you have to select movies to get the next menu then "recently added movies" to actually to get where you want to go. Is it just ee seeing this, or is this a known problem?

Yeah, I've fixed that last week but existing shortcuts will not be modified, you'll have to re-add them to your menu.
(2017-02-27, 05:26)niksimpson Wrote: Isn't there a standard configuration somewhere that I can import?

Yes, go to skin settings --> Backup/restore --> Reset to default settings.
That will completely reset it to it's defaults.
(2017-02-27, 13:42)chuckhammerberry Wrote: I did a clean install and don't see any difference. Except this time the default widgets are there because I didn't delete them yet. And they have a favourites widget so I'm good but would be nice to know how to create it myself for future

Skin Settings --> Supported Addons --> Skin Helper Service Widgets
You can press the button to install it if it was somehow uninstalled.
(2017-02-27, 22:22)niksimpson Wrote: OK, I've looked around in the menus in "Configure Shortcuts" which seems the logical place to look, an d I've found the
'Customize Submenu" entry, but beyond that I'm completely lost, the "Change Shortcut" and "Change Action" entries seem to be most likely options, but I've no clue what I'm supposed to change the shortcut or action to.

In that case you should probably use a more simplistic skin. Titan is all about personalising it and yes that means you will need to dive into tons of settings.
In your case the best option would be to just reset the shortcuts to defaults (skin settings --> configure shortcuts --> reset to defaults).
After that you can modify the menu sturture with the shortcuts editor. If you click the Add or Change button a whole list of options will appear.
(2017-02-28, 10:39)Saed Wrote: As you can choose that instead of leaving "miniature", the logo appears

Sorry, but I don't have a single clue what you mean. Please describe your issue more detailed.
(2017-03-01, 08:29)voyd Wrote: I installed Kodi 17 on a new android device from scratch and added the Beta Titan Skin from your repository. When I checked for the supported addons in the skin settings menu I noticed that the script.module.skin.helper.artutils has not been installed, its greyed out. When I click on the related setting in general skin settings, nothing happens. However, all other skin helper modules are installed and running.

I tried adding the missing module from you reposititory but it does not show up there in any of the categories. Even with 'Hide incompatible addons' off it shows only those that I already have installed.

It's nothing to worry about, it's a typo in the skin's code because the module was recently renamed.
Will be fixed in next update.
ATTENTION everyone. I'm about to push a new beta version of the skin to the repo.

This version brings the long awaited (for me at last) rewrite of the widget's code. Now the widget code is shared amongst all home layouts, including netflix.
For most users this will mean more features and possibilities but for users of the netflix homescreen layouts this will mean you will have to re-setup your homescreen widgets.
I'm sorry but it was the only way for me to clean up a lot of old code and make stuff for uniform accross the skin.

Repo submission for a new stable version is on it's way. The helper addons are already added a few days ago so I'm now good to go to also publish the skin, thanks for the patience.
(2017-03-01, 21:02)marcelveldt Wrote: ATTENTION everyone. I'm about to push a new beta version of the skin to the repo.

This version brings the long awaited (for me at last) rewrite of the widget's code. Now the widget code is shared amongst all home layouts, including netflix.
For most users this will mean more features and possibilities but for users of the netflix homescreen layouts this will mean you will have to re-setup your homescreen widgets.
I'm sorry but it was the only way for me to clean up a lot of old code and make stuff for uniform accross the skin.

Repo submission for a new stable version is on it's way. The helper addons are already added a few days ago so I'm now good to go to also publish the skin, thanks for the patience.
I have just tried the new beta version of the skin on kodi 17. I have chosen the netflix style menu but CONFIGURE WIDGET ROWS isn't there anymore? This is on both netflix and netflix style 2. I can't see it anywhere? am I being blind? Laugh

EDIT: Yes I was being blind, it is now under the widgets menu in the edit menu shortcuts.
hi guys new to going thiis deep is the any way to add more widget templates

thanks
Lot's of cosmetic issues with the latest version:

- red markup: this was invisible before and should remain invisible ;-). Also note the translation string is missing -- there are many missing strings all over in the widgets... perhaps a missing updated translations file?

- green markup: the widget is too high. Actually the lower edge of the widgets should be constant -- landscape rise the least, square rise higher, posters rise highest, but all start a the same place (a fixed height above the horizontal menu bar)

- green markup: note that the background texture does not extend far enough (again, IMHO, there should be a constant lower edge)

-red markup: no space between the lower edge of the poster and the upper edge of the widget label bar
Update: you have to cycle between widgets (e.g. landscape to poster style) to get this overlap to appear

- green markup: not enough space between the (expanded) selection box and the lower edge of the background (also backgound texture not low enough -constant edge again ;-).

- red markup: landscape way too high from tiles.... constant edge ;-). Note also translation and this text should be invisible until the widget is selected.

I haven't found any functional issues (yet :-D)

update: another small issue -- when the busy glyph is displayed, it appears on the left not on the right and it shifts the widgets down rather than overlaying them.
(2017-03-01, 22:34)DodgeG1 Wrote: I have just tried the new beta version of the skin on kodi 17. I have chosen the netflix style menu but CONFIGURE WIDGET ROWS isn't there anymore? This is on both netflix and netflix style 2. I can't see it anywhere? am I being blind? Laugh

EDIT: Yes I was being blind, it is now under the widgets menu in the edit menu shortcuts.

Yes, it was moved to the shortcuts editor, just like the other homescreen layouts. You can now have 8 widgets per mainmenu item but with the new toggle to display all widgets at once you can have unlimited rows of widgets. Also it is now possible to define different layouts for each widget row.
Offcourse a lot of widget rows will impact performance.
(2017-03-01, 23:06)Gtmnyc Wrote: hi guys new to going thiis deep is the any way to add more widget templates

Maybe you should rephrase your question, a little more detailed.
(2017-03-02, 01:10)oattes Wrote: Lot's of cosmetic issues with the latest version:

- red markup: this was invisible before and should remain invisible ;-). Also note the translation string is missing -- there are many missing strings all over in the widgets... perhaps a missing updated translations file?

I'll look into a way of hiding the widget title when it's not focused. About the translation strings: You should re-add the widgets to fix that.
I've resructured the code for the widgets and had to make some compromises. Good news is that it's now easier for me to manage the code and it will be more stable and unified across the skin, bad news is it will bring a little work to users ;-)

(2017-03-02, 01:10)oattes Wrote: - green markup: the widget is too high. Actually the lower edge of the widgets should be constant -- landscape rise the least, square rise higher, posters rise highest, but all start a the same place (a fixed height above the horizontal menu bar)
It doesn't work like that. The widgets have a fixed position measured from the top of the screen. In some circumstances I'm conditionally lowering them, for example in the horizontal homescreen. I did not check every single usecase and forgot about this. Will fix it for next release.

(2017-03-02, 01:10)oattes Wrote: - green markup: note that the background texture does not extend far enough (again, IMHO, there should be a constant lower edge)

-red markup: no space between the lower edge of the poster and the upper edge of the widget label bar
Update: you have to cycle between widgets (e.g. landscape to poster style) to get this overlap to appear

- green markup: not enough space between the (expanded) selection box and the lower edge of the background (also backgound texture not low enough -constant edge again ;-).

- red markup: landscape way too high from tiles.... constant edge ;-). Note also translation and this text should be invisible until the widget is selected.

I haven't found any functional issues (yet :-D)

update: another small issue -- when the busy glyph is displayed, it appears on the left not on the right and it shifts the widgets down rather than overlaying them.

I'll look into it. BTW: why should the busy spinner display on the right ? Also, overlaying them wasn't always possible
Hey! The new update seems to have made most of my widgets act differently. I'm using the "single widget large" layout and mostly using the poster icons. Before this last update, I was able to scroll through items listed in all my widget vertically. Now all of my widgets only have two rows and I'm forced to cycle through items horizontally. Is there an option to change that? Also, this seems to have affected the layout of my weather widget, before all five poster panels fit in a single row, but now they are in two rows with three panels in the first and two in the second. Is there a way for me to fix this as well?

Also, thanks for the awesome skin!
(2017-03-02, 02:31)marcelveldt Wrote: update: another small issue -- when the busy glyph is displayed, it appears on the left not on the right and it shifts the widgets down rather than overlaying them.

I'll look into it. BTW: why should the busy spinner display on the right ? Also, overlaying them wasn't always possible
[/quote]

It used to display on the right -- I think that is more aesthetically pleasing as well. It may not have been an overlay -- rather above the widets. However, it did not cause the widgets to drop in position.
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)6