• 2(current)
Android MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio)
(2017-02-28, 20:51)nenito2k Wrote: 1- can anyone confirm if this box IS 10 bits video output ! s905 was only 8 bits in that regard even if in accepted 10 bit...
2- can anyone confirm if this box is getting android nougat and is hdcp 2.2 (aside from netflix/amazon) ! minix confirmed it last year...but no word since !

1. Yes, it outputs 10-bit when you enable deep color mode (only for 4K). It is YCbCr 4:2:0 for 4K 50/60Hz and YCbCr 4:4:4 for 24/25/30Hz.
2. Can't comment on Nougat update. It doesn't seem to have HDCP 2.2.
Hummm...the lack of hdcp 2.2...do you think it is a problem versus other media players that do have it?
Also...does this box read correctly soft and hard subs...?
Seems no recent Android box can even do that..jeez!
(2017-02-28, 20:51)nenito2k Wrote: 2- can anyone confirm if this box is getting android nougat and is hdcp 2.2 (aside from netflix/amazon) ! minix confirmed it last year...but no word since !
Why don't you ask MINIX these questions it is their device after all, they would be the ones doing the Upgrades ?

Better yet why don't MINIX staff actually get off their collective asses and come over here to the Kodi forums and answer some basic questions like these in this actual U9 thread for the benefit of potential Kodi U9 customers ?

Otherwise there is just speculation that MINIX devices will always remain locked to the Android OS they were originally released with like has been seen with the NEO X8-H Plus and now probably the NEO U1.

@wrxtasy

i did ask, but they did have not been answering u9 related questions...since long ago...so
PART 2 of the cnx review !

http://www.cnx-software.com/2017/03/01/m...e-kodi-17/
This thing does actually have proper refresh rate switching with kodi v17 ?!
What the hell do the other manufacturers get from AMLogic.

At least WeTek should have proper refresh rate switching with kodi v17........
minix have always been doing auto refresh....or since a long time anyway...
and others manufacturers - are as told here - chinese cheap junk !
(2017-02-28, 20:51)nenito2k Wrote: 2- can anyone confirm if this box is getting android nougat and is hdcp 2.2 (aside from netflix/amazon) ! minix confirmed it last year...but no word since !

It will be a Minix first if it does, Minix do not do Android OS upgrades, you are stuck with the version of Android installed when Minix release the box.

I wouldn't buy another Minix.

I would rather pay the extra for the shield which already has Android 7 :-) and gets Android OS version upgrades
(2017-03-02, 08:20)nenito2k Wrote: minix have always been doing auto refresh....or since a long time anyway...
and others manufacturers - are as told here - chinese cheap junk !

Ok. You don't get it.

Anyway....@wrxstasy do you know if amlogic has fixed this recently?
Post #2 updated with a mini review. There are some clips that you can download and compare the picture quality with nVIDIA Shield, Xiaomi Mi, Zidoo X9S. These are for 1080p. If this is any useful, I will upload the 2160p captures also.
@wesk5 incredible work there Big Grin love your pro review; please do update each time you can with new firmwares Smile

i wanted to know regarding PQ, and finally your were able to anwer that, so amlogic = tegra = realtek = hisilicon Huh all those offer the same PQ

still hesitating between himedia and u9.... one thing you did not test maybe is subtitles: the other boxes have their issues mainly with hardcoded subs...can you give us a view on that Tongue

also can this box stream from a local PC 1080p and 4k movies with surround sound ? using AC modem of course.... for that matter was it even possible with zidoo, shield or himedia ?
(2017-03-02, 14:28)nenito2k Wrote: .... one thing you did not test maybe is subtitles: the other boxes have their issues mainly with hardcoded subs...can you give us a view on that
I'm interested in those things too.
(2017-03-02, 13:25)wesk05 Wrote: Post #2 updated with a mini review. There are some clips that you can download and compare the picture quality with nVIDIA Shield, Xiaomi Mi, Zidoo X9S. These are for 1080p. If this is any useful, I will upload the 2160p captures also.

Great Review!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Ditto... excellent, clear, to-the-point A/V performance review!
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Thanks for the review!

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio)6