v17 Dolbt Atmos is decoded as Dolby TrueHD - every other audio format is OK
Music 
Hi my KODI friends, i need your help

my setup is intel NUC Core™ i3 Processor (NUC5i3RYH) + DENON AVR X4300 speakers 7.1.4
Kodi 17.0 Feb 1 2017 Windows 10 (1607)

Everything is great with 7.1 audio formats: Dolby, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS HD Mstr, are decoded OK
DTS:X Mstr is decoded OK

Dolby Atmos is decoded as Dolby TrueHD. only 7.1 speakers.
Whats could be wrong Huh

ikr,.
What's doing the decoding? To get Atmos, it must be bitstream to the processor. Kodi can't decode Atmos
Sounds like the correct mode isn't enabled on the AVR, since if you're seeing TrueHD being received on the AVR then that shows that Kodi is outputting the audio stream in passthrough mode, and we do nothing different between passthrough of TrueHD only streams and TrueHD with Atmos streams.
Didn't test with DTS:X but I have exactly the same behavior with Atmos.

NUC6CAYH Apollo Lake with FW 1.61 on LSPCON, Denon AVR X3300W, Windows 10, Kodi 17.0/17.1

If I play the same file with MPC-HC (with bitstream enabled) the receiver states Atmos on the Display.With Kodi only TrueHD.
Sorry, no logfile at the moment. I try solve some issues with my other Kodi machine right now.
[emoji1360] what do you mean MPC-HC ?

Sent from my iPhone
MPC-HC is a free media player which runs under windows
I will test this player next week when I return from vacation.

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-03-03, 11:29)centralseven Wrote: Didn't test with DTS:X but I have exactly the same behavior with Atmos.

NUC6CAYH Apollo Lake with FW 1.61 on LSPCON, Denon AVR X3300W, Windows 10, Kodi 17.0/17.1

If I play the same file with MPC-HC (with bitstream enabled) the receiver states Atmos on the Display.With Kodi only TrueHD.
Sorry, no logfile at the moment. I try solve some issues with my other Kodi machine right now.

Hi Centralseven. Same wrong result with mpc-Hc. Atmos is recognized by AVR 4300 as trueHD. Dts X is correctly recognized as DTS:X MSTR.

Please what are your mpc HC settings ? I try everything Sad
Playback. Output: 8 internal audio ...
Internal filters. Audio decoder. Bitstreaming all formats
Internal filters. Audio renderer. Denon avr. Exclusive mode. Alow bitstreaming.

Sent from my iPad
Isn't Dolby Atmos a part of the upcoming Windows 10 Creators Update? So it isn't supported at this moment on the Production platform, but (maybe) only on some Insiders Builds for Windows 10?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Atmos passthrough has worked just fine in Windows since it first appeared as it just appears as a TrueHD stream to the OS.
(2017-03-12, 19:56)jjd-uk Wrote: Atmos passthrough has worked just fine in Windows since it first appeared as it just appears as a TrueHD stream to the OS.
But not as "Atmos" in a capable receiver? I thought that was the issue in this topic? Or maybe it's should be working when passing the audio stream "as is" to the Atmos receiver you mean and that the Atmos support for Windows 10, XBone, and other, brings some extra Atmos possibilities that aren't there at this moment?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
When TrueHD was first defined the specification included the ability to add extensions to the TrueHD audio stream, these extensions have been unused until now. When Dolby came to define Atmos, they made use of these TrueHD extensions so an Atmos audio stream is simply a TrueHD stream + extensions, thus any device that supports TrueHD can pass an Atmos stream as it doesn't need to know what is inside those extensions, it simply see's it as TrueHD stream and passes it through as is.

The only device that needs to be aware of what is inside of those TrueHD extensions is the audio decoding device, which is the AVR, this is also why Atmos discs can be played on any existing blu-ray player without needing an update.
Lightbulb 
Thanks all. "problem resloved" Smile

my home cinema in now 5.1 cfg so i just test Dolby Atmos decoding with this receiver speaker config. My receiver is Denon AVR X4300H. As i wrote in my first post receiver recognised DTS:X Stream correctly and display this information. Dolby Atmos audio stream was recognised as Dolby TrueHD 7.1.

What is wrong!!! I tried Kodi on Windows, OpenELEC I tried MPC-HC on multiple devices all with exactly same results. Confused

When i add to AVR speaker config pair of height speakers receiver recognised correctly Dolby Atmos stream! To bee correct i can choose between Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Atmos.
So only problem was config of my Denon AVR X4300H. Big Grin

ikr,.
(2017-03-13, 12:50)ciki62 Wrote: So only problem was config of my Denon AVR X4300H. Big Grin

ikr,.

Which is what I said was most likely in Post 3 Big Grin
Hi OP, I've having the same problem as you did, thanks for your update as it confirmed what I thought the problem may be, however I am still getting TrueHD and not ATMOS with "Top Middle" selected on the Denon AMP. Did you actually have to connect speakers to get it to display ATMOS? Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolbt Atmos is decoded as Dolby TrueHD - every other audio format is OK0