• 4(current)
Linux HEVC 10bit Kodi
ok Thank you very much for this answer
so for now , I ll go on Windows 10 with kodi 17 to have full decoding hardware 4k hevc 10 with a gtx 1050 , perhaps next year , I ll return on linux if it s ok "out of the box"
thank u very much again
Hi guys,

Can u confirm there s no problem for hw hevc 10 bits decode with AMD rx460 with linux ans kodi 17 rc3 ?
Drivers amdgpupro 16.40
It won't work at all. Not implemented.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok i understand, thanks for yur answer
So only solution is going to windows to have full HEVC 10 bits HW decode with RX460 ?
On linux check Mesa ml. Current WIP.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
yep , ok thank u Wink
hi guys maybe a short sum up is necessary as this topic is a few months old and there are many answers already.

my system:
intel pentium G4400 (skylake dual-core)
nvidia gtx 950
linux mint 17.3
kodi 17

question:
what is currently the best way do get 4k-10bit-HEVC hardware acceleration with kodi under linux?

As I noticed, my GTX950 is limited by VDPAU not being able to address 10 Bit range.

Would switching to my current CPU's successor Pentium G4560 fix the problem? Or should I exchange the GTX950 for an RX460?

Thanks for your advice!
Kabylake is the only option + building Kodi agile from source.
Don't forget Apollo Lake, this with millhouse builds also support 4k 10bit hevc.
Connect 55 UHD SL4xx / Onkyo TX-SR444 / Intel Apollo Lake  / Ziggo Mediabox XL / 2x upc ci+ nagravision module / using dvb-c and dvb-s(19,2/23,5/28.2)
(2017-03-04, 16:48)Devil-Strike Wrote: Don't forget Apollo Lake, this with millhouse builds also support 4k 10bit hevc.

maybe not very reliable. he just grabs my code (that has not been merged back to kodi master yet), without really knowing what he does. merge and pray ....
(2017-03-04, 17:26)FernetMenta Wrote: maybe not very reliable. he just grabs my code (that has not been merged back to kodi master yet), without really knowing what he does. merge and pray ....
Nope, no 4K/10-bit support in my builds. Dropped as it's not in Kodi master (or even a candidate). Thanks fernet, love you too.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-03-05, 09:25)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-03-04, 17:26)FernetMenta Wrote: maybe not very reliable. he just grabs my code (that has not been merged back to kodi master yet), without really knowing what he does. merge and pray ....
Nope, no 4K/10-bit support in my builds. Dropped as it's not in Kodi master (or even a candidate). Thanks fernet, love you too.

Come on guys ...

I picked that code, too, for testing purposes, so that some demo / testing sites had a chance to test hevc10 bit on Linux. The 10 bit part of the code of the vaapi side is no rocket science at all. It does the very same as before (different pic format from vaapi side) but instrumenting two new mesa extensions, which were missing and are still in no available official mesa code. The only thing that is needed was a one liner patch for ffmpeg or going with ffmpeg 3.2 alternatively to make it going on libreelec.

Worked nicely: http://www.technikaffe.de/anleitung-403-..._libreelec so far ...
To be honest I find it a litte bit hard to follow you answers but what I got is that currently even Kaby Lake wont play HEVC10bit@4k stutter free but with the future version of Kodi this problem should fix itself?
Good day all
How can ı upgrade kodi prismcube
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HEVC 10bit Kodi0