• 15(current)
Win FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement
Update 1.214

Change Duration/Time on NowPlaying Screen size to slider
Settings/Display/Now Playing Section - Time Size
(will not suit all screen sizes and will need to be adjusted for each)

At Github as above

Glenn
@GlennNZ
Many thanks for your job. Now is perfect.
Glenn, the software is getting better and better!

One thing.. im using it on my 7" touchscreen on a moneual 932 case. From my couch it is hard to see the information like duration.. Also very large fonts are hard to see.. Can you add an option to make fonts really large in the nowplaying screens?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk
(2017-02-24, 13:14)powermarcel10 Wrote: Glenn, the software is getting better and better!

One thing.. im using it on my 7" touchscreen on a moneual 932 case. From my couch it is hard to see the information like duration.. Also very large fonts are hard to see.. Can you add an option to make fonts really large in the nowplaying screens?

Latest version adds considerable options to time size (see 1.214 above)

Not sure possible to make fonts any larger than the largest selectable size. 7'' from far away is probably the issue!

Welcome to give example screen shot to show what you mean and can have a look at it.

Glenn
(2017-02-25, 04:21)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2017-02-24, 13:14)powermarcel10 Wrote: Glenn, the software is getting better and better!

Not sure possible to make fonts any larger than the largest selectable size. 7'' from far away is probably the issue!

Welcome to give example screen shot to show what you mean and can have a look at it.

Glen

Thanks..

I know a 7" screen is small from let's say 10ft distance.. But what I mean is something like this:

This is from a skin for mpdisplay2 that I have developed in the past. This is something similar as frontview+ but than for Mediaportal. Here is the website: http://www.mpdisplay2.de/index.php/en/

Main focus there was showing up nowplaying information on small screens. It was easy to read, also from a bigger distance.

Here are the rest of the screenshots: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threa...14.124196/
(2017-02-25, 21:57)powermarcel10 Wrote:
(2017-02-25, 04:21)GlennNZ Wrote:

Glen

Thanks..

I know a 7" screen is small from let's say 10ft distance.. But what I mean is something like this:

This is from a skin for mpdisplay2 that I have developed in the past. This is something similar as frontview+ but than for Mediaportal. Here is the website: http://www.mpdisplay2.de/index.php/en/

Main focus there was showing up nowplaying information on small screens. It was easy to read, also from a bigger distance.

Here are the rest of the screenshots: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threa...14.124196/

Hi,

We are probably going to have to agree to disagree about the format - I find your example incredibly busy and prefer what FV currently produces.
(but happy to take feedback!)

For example
7" 800x600 screen presumed.

VLarge Cover, VLarge Text, and Using Logo (large):

or if prefer no Logo

This appears to me to be equally readable - and also to my eye - looks better. (less busy)

But also multiple options to suit individual preference and screen size:

Small Cover, Text Large without Logo

Cover Very Large, Logo Large, Time size smaller (slider control)

& not forgetting also needs to look good on bigger screens such as this 1600x1200 10' one:

& not lets not forget can press the + and bring up further information (press anywhere to close)

All the settings to change this are located in the Display Settings Page: Under NowPlaying setting...
Here:

Comments?

Glenn

(On putting these images together I noticed that the now playing media icons have gone missing! - currently tracking down why and where they have gone...)

New Version

1.233 Updates:

- Fix Kodi Krypton MovieIcon remote issue (updates both Kodi remotes to 192)

- Kodi 16/17 Remote - MovieIcons compatible with non-english language (now checks stream against system language as default)

- Change Kodi Python and FV Fanart Server/Client to UDP Fanart Client/Server
(better for slightly dicey connections; wifi Tablets etc)
- Installer Automatically updates Kodi Frontview.Service addon to v2 UDP

- Update all to more recent .Net .4.6.1

For Separate Tablet/Windows installs:
- Add ability to use local %appdata%/FrontView+ sources.xml in preference to kodi directory copy. (don't have to have kodi installed to use)
(To use fanart copy correct kodi sources.xml to %appdata%/FrontView+ )

- Correctly turns off and turns on - ALL screens if option selected
(This does seem dependant on windows version/updates - currently functioning on my windows 10 tablet)
Useful for standalone tablet usage - dims and then screen off
(if playback stopped, or paused - screen should turn back on again)

To avoid going to the lock screen in windows 10 - need to follow some instructions as below:
https://www.cnet.com/au/how-to/how-to-di...ck-screen/

Usual GitHub release link

Glenn
(2017-02-26, 05:51)GlennNZ Wrote: For Separate Tablet/Windows installs:
- Add ability to use local %appdata%/FrontView+ sources.xml in preference to kodi directory copy. (don't have to have kodi installed to use)

Sorry but i dont understand what to do. Could you please explain it?

Btw: i set up a new htpc and couldnt find the link to the kodi plugin (services.frontview) anymore...
(2017-02-28, 00:40)Momo90 Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 05:51)GlennNZ Wrote: For Separate Tablet/Windows installs:

Sorry but i dont understand what to do. Could you please explain it?

Btw: i set up a new htpc and couldnt find the link to the kodi plugin (services.frontview) anymore...

Ok

First - it is only useful for those that might use FrontView+ on a seperate computer than is running Kodi.
e.g
Kodi on Desktop Computer, and Frontview on separate Windows 10 Tablet.

If that is the case - you can just copy the Desktop kodi sources.xml file (located in Kodi userdata directory) into the tablets FrontView+ %appdata% directory.
This then locates the extrafanart folders so Frontview+ can use this.
The other option is to fully install Kodi onto the separate computer with the correct userdata. (this kodi obviously won't be run on the tablet - but FV still uses its settings)
You also need to point FV to the Kodi install and Kodi to the FV install via the Kodi Frontview addon settings and within the Frontview Settings.xml file (IP and Port settings - should point to Kodi)

If Running on same system (like most)
FV+ and Kodi - one computer
None of the above is needed - all is done automatically.
(FV uses some of Kodi saved settings to gather information and location of data)

The FrontView.service Kodi plugin - is installed with the FrontView+ installer automatically.
Go the Kodi, My Addons, ALL, and it should appear "FrontView+ addon". Configure the settings (defaults to same computer)
If using FV+ on separate computer - point the Kodi addon to the FV computer IP. On the FV computer update setting.xml file to point to the Kodi IP/Port.

Glenn
Hello
I am a new user. I have the htap box thermaltake DH 202 Touch. I would like to use the FrontView + utility. I installed it. But I can not communicate Kodi with this utility. I'm missing an add-on called frontview kodi integration. Where could I download it?
And thanks for making such an interesting utility
(2017-03-04, 21:19)jorch2 Wrote: Hello
I am a new user. I have the htap box thermaltake DH 202 Touch. I would like to use the FrontView + utility. I installed it. But I can not communicate Kodi with this utility. I'm missing an add-on called frontview kodi integration. Where could I download it?
And thanks for making such an interesting utility

Welcome.
The FV+ installer package automatically installs the Frontview Kodi integration add on.
Should be found by going to Kodi add ons, my add ons, all , and enabling.

Glenn
Thank you
The screen is touch, but I can not operate this function. Any ideas?
Hi glenn!

When resuming a movie, frontview doesnt display anything
When starting from the beginning everything is fine. Is it a bug or is something wrong withy my setup?
(2017-03-05, 15:09)jorch2 Wrote: Thank you
The screen is touch, but I can not operate this function. Any ideas?

Well if your touch screen works - Frontview can be controlled.
If touch screen not functioning likely need drivers specific for your screen and windows,
Glenn
(2017-03-05, 18:03)Momo90 Wrote: Hi glenn!

When resuming a movie, frontview doesnt display anything
When starting from the beginning everything is fine. Is it a bug or is something wrong withy my setup?

Sounds a bit puzzling. The only scenario I can think of is - it's not the same file is it? It uses filename difference as trigger to NowPlaying screen - if play the same file multiple times in row may not tigger NowPlaying screen.

But that aside should work regardless of resuming or starting, essentially any playback should trigger the now playing screen.

Welcome to post debug/log and then me know file that didn't work and should be able to look at.

Glenn
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement3