• 31(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
(2017-03-04, 00:47)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-03-04, 00:03)mule1 Wrote: Results of my KODI tests with the KabyLake-NUC (i3) with USB-C to HDMI converter from Club3D:

Windows:
- audio passthrough: working in combination with every resolution, sound starts immediately after playback started (no delay as with the DP2HDMI converter from Megachips)
- 3D with special KODI version: not working (sound is playing, but no video)

Linux::
- audio passthrough: not working (only tested Atmos and DTS:X)

Sorry Intel, but Kaby/Apollo-Lake is a total mess!

The AsRock Beebox Kaby Lake is the only Kaby Lake device working with 3D MVC.
Why is that so? Is it only drivers issue which should be solved soon?
Again I will write this because my post has lost between one conversation. It is worth to wait with kaby lake purchase. Because of ryzen release Intel's new processors prices started to drop dramatically. Therefore some boxes also should be chepear soon.
Maybe it will be worth to add zotac boxes to hardware list. They have wide list of boxes which should fit anyone needs. Personally I hunt for mi572 with i7700t processor and thunderbolt 3 port which give me chance to add egpu and make it power gaming box.
Only this 3d MVC issue worries me a little because I have a bunch movies to play on my new box
(2017-03-05, 11:48)Cob2 Wrote:
(2017-03-04, 00:47)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-03-04, 00:03)mule1 Wrote: Results of my KODI tests with the KabyLake-NUC (i3) with USB-C to HDMI converter from Club3D:

Windows:
- audio passthrough: working in combination with every resolution, sound starts immediately after playback started (no delay as with the DP2HDMI converter from Megachips)
- 3D with special KODI version: not working (sound is playing, but no video)

Linux::
- audio passthrough: not working (only tested Atmos and DTS:X)

Sorry Intel, but Kaby/Apollo-Lake is a total mess!

The AsRock Beebox Kaby Lake is the only Kaby Lake device working with 3D MVC.
Why is that so? Is it only drivers issue which should be solved soon?
Again I will write this because my post has lost between one conversation. It is worth to wait with kaby lake purchase. Because of ryzen release Intel's new processors prices started to drop dramatically. Therefore some boxes also should be chepear soon.
Maybe it will be worth to add zotac boxes to hardware list. They have wide list of boxes which should fit anyone needs. Personally I hunt for mi572 with i7700t processor and thunderbolt 3 port which give me chance to add egpu and make it power gaming box.
Only this 3d MVC issue worries me a little because I have a bunch movies to play on my new box
Which AMD Ryzen is a direct competitor for the ULV NUC's, Beeboxes and likes?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
As I said. Processors prices drops down and as you know this is a heart of this boxes. In Norway nucs are already 50 bucks cheaper
(2017-03-05, 15:22)Cob2 Wrote: As I said. Processors prices drops down and as you know this is a heart of this boxes. In Norway nucs are already 50 bucks cheaper
Can you give some NUC Kaby Lake model-numbers that has become cheaper last days? Here in the Netherlands the introduction prices for some i3 models were very high (± €400,-), but the NUC's weren't available at that time. Then there was a price dip when they could be ordered (± €350,-), but still not really available, mostly in back-order. At the moment a lot of shops had them in stock, the price went straight to ± €300,- for the i3 models NUC7i3BNH and NUC7i3BNK.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Still wonderkind whether I should buy kaby lake or Apollo lake.

Biggest requirement that it is absolutely silent, thus preferably fanless. None of the NUC s seem to offer that.

Apollo lake does offer that and plays every content now quite ok (if you only need hdmi 1.4 thus skipping the hdmi dp converter).

However I'm also aware of the fact that kaby lake will be more future proof, not in the last place because it has full pcie 16x slot so I can throw in a newer gpu when the system is aging. And also more horsepower when newest codecs need to be decoded in sw.

Hmmmmmm..... choices choices choices....

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Hello community, just a question to BeeBox 7200U owner.
From the specs I read:
Supports Dual Monitor (2 x HDMI or HDMI+DisplayPort)
Does this mean that the video output can be shown on two monitors at the same time using 2 HDMI cables?
Any thoughts on the ASUS VivoMini UN65U with Kaby Lake? It's decently priced here compared to barebones like Intel NUC, Gigabyte Brix and ASRock Beebox-S.

But I'm wondering how future proof it is (HDMI 2.0, 10 bit HEVC etc). I haven't really understood all the differences, but I would like 'the whole package' just in case. Big Grin
(2017-03-06, 10:11)dexter98 Wrote: Still wonderkind whether I should buy kaby lake or Apollo lake.

Biggest requirement that it is absolutely silent, thus preferably fanless. None of the NUC s seem to offer that.

Apollo lake does offer that and plays every content now quite ok (if you only need hdmi 1.4 thus skipping the hdmi dp converter).

However I'm also aware of the fact that kaby lake will be more future proof, not in the last place because it has full pcie 16x slot so I can throw in a newer gpu when the system is aging. And also more horsepower when newest codecs need to be decoded in sw.

Hmmmmmm..... choices choices choices....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 (typie typie)

It will be interesting to see what the ryzen chips with integrated graphics are able to do when they come out later this year.
(2017-03-05, 16:22)p750mmx Wrote:
(2017-03-05, 15:22)Cob2 Wrote: As I said. Processors prices drops down and as you know this is a heart of this boxes. In Norway nucs are already 50 bucks cheaper
Can you give some NUC Kaby Lake model-numbers that has become cheaper last days? Here in the Netherlands the introduction prices for some i3 models were very high (± €400,-), but the NUC's weren't available at that time. Then there was a price dip when they could be ordered (± €350,-), but still not really available, mostly in back-order. At the moment a lot of shops had them in stock, the price went straight to ± €300,- for the i3 models NUC7i3BNH and NUC7i3BNK.

As I follow only nuc7i7bnh prices I can give you only this example. Since first check they dropped about 500 kr in Norway. Of course it's preorder. I don't know how it looks like with other models
(2017-03-07, 14:39)Cob2 Wrote:
(2017-03-05, 16:22)p750mmx Wrote:

As I follow only nuc7i7bnh prices I can give you only this example. Since first check they dropped about 500 kr in Norway. Of course it's preorder. I don't know how it looks like with other models
Same in the Netherlands, but still not available, so the price says not so much at this moment. Maybe when actual on stock, price will drop again.

3D MVC User Help make Intel find a solution with this HDMI 2.0 issue
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2017-03-06, 14:39)Lucas Rey Wrote: Hello community, just a question to BeeBox 7200U owner.
From the specs I read:
Does this mean that the video output can be shown on two monitors at the same time using 2 HDMI cables?
No one?
(2017-03-07, 22:00)Lucas Rey Wrote:
(2017-03-06, 14:39)Lucas Rey Wrote: Hello community, just a question to BeeBox 7200U owner.
From the specs I read:
No one?

Did try connecting both HDMI to my AVR and I felt that playback was a little bit dragging.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2017-03-07, 20:57)movie78 Wrote: 3D MVC User Help make Intel find a solution with this HDMI 2.0 issue

I assume that if there shall be any problems with 3d playback in new kaby lake zotac boxes it will mean that it's a driver issue?
Btw. Today zotac has added new fanless kaby lake boxes to it's shop.
(2017-03-07, 22:10)movie78 Wrote:
From the specs I read:

Did try connecting both HDMI to my AVR and I felt that playback was a little bit dragging.

Ok, so it works on both HDMI output at the same time... This is what I need to know. Honestly I would like to accomplish something strange Laugh
Use HDMI1 directly connected to TV for 3D MVC and 4K@30Hz and connect HDMI2 to DreamScreen. This beacause the DreamScreen HW supports only up to 1080P. I don't know if this can works, I still waiting for DreamScreen delivery! Wink
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3