• 8(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Hello,

Can you help me?

In the last version on Jarvis, I had trouble removing the 'Media Center' Text on the home screen. I've removed it from my settings but it kept coming back Grrr.
Also I want to remove the 'Home' text and the Icon from the Home too. I don't want any of those. Can you make amendments in the original skin zip so that IF i remove these two things it won't keep coming back? Happy to send $5 your way but I also want to keep on top of the latest changes you do in your skin revival.

Thank You

P.S - Edit4ever said this last time - is this still correct, will it still keep these changes if the Skin is updated?

(2016-09-01, 05:53)edit4ever Wrote: To remove Media Center text, I think you have to at least put a blank space in the Home Header Text setting in the skin settings menu. I believe just leaving it blank won't work. Should be the same thing for the Home icon text...but it seems to not work.

There seems to be a bug there.

If you want to edit Includes_Furniture.xml look for the following section:

Code:
<variable name="Furniture_TopBar_Tile_Text">

And in the last line in that section:

Code:
<value>$LOCALIZE[10000]</value>

Remove the $LOCALIZE[10000] part.

As for the icon...you can use this blank tile:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywscqk80xe9z0b...k.png?dl=0

It will look like a white box when you go to select it in the settings menu, but it is completely transparent.
I keep getting the dependecny on version could not be satisfied. this is happening on all the zips you have on the front page

-- Edit --

Fixed it, did a fresh install of Kodi. How will I know when the Skin I have is updated? Is there a version number I could check.

There's another issue I've faced when selected a Portrait image it's being stretched to 1080p image when it should just crop the top and show it perfectly.
@desibuoy: Sure, I'll add the changes for the next update.

Where is the image being displayed?
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-03-04, 20:37)Alanon Wrote: @desibuoy: Sure, I'll add the changes for the next update.

Where is the image being displayed?

Good man, I'll send the money once the update has happened. Why can't I change individual colours on the home bar? Weird.

The image is a background image. in the past it was just cropped automatically would be awesome if there was a crop facility. I like my home screen to be minimalist.

Any chance for Auto Rotate Wallpapers? it would like every minute, 10, 15, 30, 60, 120, 140 etc. Thanks
(2017-03-04, 21:25)desibuoy Wrote: Good man, I'll send the money once the update has happened. Why can't I change individual colours on the home bar? Weird.

The image is a background image. in the past it was just cropped automatically would be awesome if there was a crop facility. I like my home screen to be minimalist.

Any chance for Auto Rotate Wallpapers? it would like every minute, 10, 15, 30, 60, 120, 140 etc. Thanks

No need for the money, mate. I'm just in it for the fun. Wink Whenever someone has a cool idea, I try to add it. I'm just learning this stuff along the way.

As far as the backgrounds go, nice find! I really hate it when images are stretched! All image backgrounds were set to "scale" except the background overlay. This has also been set to scale, which means that it will be automatically enlarged to fit the screen. Keep in mind that "scale" means that the image is zoomed in from the center, cropping it from all sides equally. There's no way to change that. I'll upload it to the repo when I add some further settings, but if you don't like to wait, you can download the zip with the latest changes manually from the third link in the first post.

You can change both the text and the icon colours individually if you enable the two settings in the Colours category. There isn't a global setting because I believe then it would influence all menus controlled by the add-on.

As far as the rotating backgrounds are concerned, that's going to be tricky. Basically, there are three kinds of backgrounds in the skin. There are the menu shortcuts backgrounds, which can be multi-image folders or single images. They are set in the shortcuts menu settings, and can be enabled for every individual menu that was set up. Then there are extrafanart backgrounds, which are supported in the library, and finally there are the overlay and fallback backgrounds, which you define in the skin settings.

The ones which currently rotate are the menu shortcut backgrounds and the extrafanart backgrounds. The fanart fallback is displayed only when there's nothing else found in either of these two places, so it makes sense why it's a single image only. The overlay is universal, which also explains the single image. What this means is, I will certainly add a setting to control the duration of each of the backgrounds, but that setting will be applied to the rotation of all backgrounds - extrafanart, home menu backgrounds, etc. due to the way the skin is built. Anything more would require me to completely redefine the way the skin handles all backgrounds.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Hi,

Cool. No worries, I thought It be easy or something but no worries fella.

So far it's way better than the old skin. If you've made adjustments to the Media Center 'Text' and the home Icon and home text then Great I'll get that downloaded and installed.
(2017-03-04, 22:59)desibuoy Wrote: Hi,

Cool. No worries, I thought It be easy or something but no worries fella.

So far it's way better than the old skin. If you've made adjustments to the Media Center 'Text' and the home Icon and home text then Great I'll get that downloaded and installed.

Thanks for the kind words!

If you download the zip, you can test the settings and if everything works as it should. Tomorrow or the day after I'll have some time to add the rotation settings, and then I'll push an update to the repo as well.

Hello Alanon!

Great Work! I´d like to replace the original Skin with your mod, and have a few questions:

The Background in the List view is black. Can i change the color, maybe to an dark grey? Its a little bit too dark in my (personal!) opinion.

I saw an option under "display items settings/INfo displayed for episodes" to show the unwatched Episodes. But where is it shown? Best for me would
be at the top of the list view, where the items are shown, ideally shown like "20 episodes, 10 unwatched" or something like this. Is that Possible?

Thanks in advance!!

Jhag
Hello Alanon!

Thanks a lot for revive the skin. I like it and I'm using it on all my kodis.

Now I need configure two profiles in Kodi, and in the standard skin there are an option to do login out and then show the profile selector screen. But in this skin I can't find this option in the shutdown menu and submenu. I'm trying to create a new action in the menu but I can't find login out option. Can you help me?

I have a default profile and disable selection of profile, to enter directly to master profile when I'm starting Kodi. If I don't have a default profile the profile selection screen is appearing at the beginning but I don't want this. I would like enter in the master profile and after change profile from skin. Is this possible without restart?

Thanks a lot for your help.
(2017-03-04, 17:55)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-04, 16:47)tocinillo Wrote: Hi Alanon!

I noticied that my Linux HTPC based was 100% CPU Usage when I use yout Eminence 2 MOD skin. If I switch to official Eminence 2 the problem is gone. So I'm testing replacing the xml files and finaly I found the problem.

The problem is the Includes_Object.xml file. If I delete these lines:

The CPU usage is perfect. With the lines, 100% CPU usage again.

I found that problem is only present in Linux distro...I don't know why.

Thanks and regards Wink

First off, let me say I've never used Linux, so I can't comment on that side of things. However, if I had to guess, I'd say that the problem is not in the code, but what the code enables. That include defines the use of the alphabet scrollbar, which is a special feature of Skin Helper. It enumerates the contents of whatever container you're in (videos, tvshows, add-ons, etc.) in order to present you with an alphabet bar. When you click on a letter in that bar, it leads you to the point in the list which starts in that letter name. It starts processing this info every time a new list is entered, which should explain the constancy of the CPU bottleneck, as I presume linux has certain ways of dealing with the load that's not congenial to the add-on.

There's no real way of fixing this in the skin, I'll write to marcel, hopefully he might have an idea. In the meantime, I think you can find the same feature in skins like Madnox or Titan, have you had similar issues there as well?

Also, instead of deleting the code, have you tried ticking the skin setting off? "Use alphabet scrollbar" controls whether the include will be used in the views. It should be the easiest way to bypass the issue, since the plugin wouldn't even be started. Could you test this?

Hope I've been of some help.

Thanks for your quickly reply Alanon.

I don't understand why, but with the option enabled I've the same problem: CPU usage 60-70% (90-100% playing). Without the option same result. The only way is delete the code.

I tried with 7 PC (NUC5CPYH. N3700, i3 7100, i3 4130, NUC 5PPYH, i7 6700K) with same result. Tried with libva 1.8 devel and with 1.7.3 stable. Nothing noticiable in the log file...

It0s very very strange...
@Alanon - I noticed a number of your screenshots in the second slideshow in the first post display or reference banned piracy addons. It would be great if you could remove those screenshots to keep the thread in line with the forum rules so it doesn't get deleted. Thanks.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-03-05, 15:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Alanon - I noticed a number of your screenshots in the second slideshow in the first post display or reference banned piracy addons. It would be great if you could remove those screenshots to keep the thread in line with the forum rules so it doesn't get deleted. Thanks.

Whoops! Haven't noticed that. Well, it's not my gallery, so I can't control the images inside. I'll just go and remove the whole thing.

(2017-03-05, 13:29)Jhag Wrote: Hello Alanon!

Great Work! I´d like to replace the original Skin with your mod, and have a few questions:

The Background in the List view is black. Can i change the color, maybe to an dark grey? Its a little bit too dark in my (personal!) opinion.

I saw an option under "display items settings/INfo displayed for episodes" to show the unwatched Episodes. But where is it shown? Best for me would
be at the top of the list view, where the items are shown, ideally shown like "20 episodes, 10 unwatched" or something like this. Is that Possible?

Thanks in advance!!

Jhag

There's a setting in the skin named "Use dark overlay" which replaces the default light backgrounds with a darker one. You can't make the dark panels brighter, since they are png images of a dark gray colour. However, there's another setting, named "Background colour and opacity", which controls the transparency and visibility of all the backgrounds in the skin (fanart, images, extrafanart, etc). if you set up the opacity of that colour to, for example 30%, you can make everything except the panels brighter, which might achieve the effect you desire.

The counter is displayed within the library, in the bottom right corner, eg. "50 UNWATCHED" in large block letters, and should be present regardless of which view is used, that's the point of such an implementation. Due to the flags and other items that need space, that bit is as long as it can be, for now.

(2017-03-05, 13:40)saturno28 Wrote: Hello Alanon!

Thanks a lot for revive the skin. I like it and I'm using it on all my kodis.

Now I need configure two profiles in Kodi, and in the standard skin there are an option to do login out and then show the profile selector screen. But in this skin I can't find this option in the shutdown menu and submenu. I'm trying to create a new action in the menu but I can't find login out option. Can you help me?

I have a default profile and disable selection of profile, to enter directly to master profile when I'm starting Kodi. If I don't have a default profile the profile selection screen is appearing at the beginning but I don't want this. I would like enter in the master profile and after change profile from skin. Is this possible without restart?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hmmmm. There is a setting in the skin named "Customize shutdown menu", and you can add a "Log off" button if you don't have it. The skin profiles function fine with a login screen on Kodi startup.

The log off button from the shutdown menu doesn't work for me, it shows many errors in the log. I'll look in to this issue and see if I can fix it.

(2017-03-05, 14:17)tocinillo Wrote: Thanks for your quickly reply Alanon.

I don't understand why, but with the option enabled I've the same problem: CPU usage 60-70% (90-100% playing). Without the option same result. The only way is delete the code.

I tried with 7 PC (NUC5CPYH. N3700, i3 7100, i3 4130, NUC 5PPYH, i7 6700K) with same result. Tried with libva 1.8 devel and with 1.7.3 stable. Nothing noticiable in the log file...

It0s very very strange...

Could you try leaving the code in, but just removing the <content> line?

@kingkearney and all others interested: In the 2.2.7 update you'll find a preliminary setting for the extrathumbs.I've had to resort to a fadelabel control to do this, so the setting also introduced in this update, the background rotation, will not influence the rotation of the extrathumbs. That rotation is fixed in (with strange ways XD), and should amount to something like 10-12 seconds per image, presumably depending on the thumb resolution and stuff. The extrathumbs are available only where they can work, and the settings always override the Thumbs 16x9 option, albeit only in the views that have both buttons. Tvshows should remain unaffected, but please check it out, just to be safe.

The update also includes a different layout for the context menu, to see if mouse users will find it easier to handle. Please report with your impressions.

Hello Alanon,

thank you very much for your work on this skin, it is greatly appreciated.
Keep up the good work.

Short question:
Is there a way to move the clearart (in video-overlay when paused) from mid to the left or right?
I use subtitles and have them set to bottom/ under the video, so the clearart always masks a big part of them when pausing.
Same here Thx a lot for every time fast support and updates!

this i what community need! Smile
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21