• 9(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Hey Alano, greetings from my wife who says the song name is kinda hard to read on the list, i agree Smile

3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2017-03-05, 17:57)Nyx4334 Wrote: Hello Alanon,

thank you very much for your work on this skin, it is greatly appreciated.
Keep up the good work.

Short question:
Is there a way to move the clearart (in video-overlay when paused) from mid to the left or right?
I use subtitles and have them set to bottom/ under the video, so the clearart always masks a big part of them when pausing.

I know exactly what you are talking about, this annoys me too. Even when you're rewinding, the art keeps blocking the subtitles.

However, I haven't found a good enough solution yet. I can of course move it to the left or to the right, but it wouldn't solve anything, the art will still be blocking something. I can't move it to the top, there's no room.

The best idea I can think of is to remove the art, and make it appear behind the info text. Sort of like a background overlay. Though, I'm sure that many people prefer having the art where it is. Personally, I just disabled the art altogether.

(2017-03-05, 19:49)mopblub Wrote: Same here Thx a lot for every time fast support and updates!

this i what community need! Smile

Thanks!

(2017-03-05, 20:05)Raitsa Wrote: Hey Alano, greetings from my wife who says the song name is kinda hard to read on the list, i agree Smile

That's due to the colour settings.

The solution is simple - you need to have two completely different colours set as your highlight/accent, and the text will always be readable. In this case, the colour of the text will be the colour of the highlight. For example, if you set it the highlight colour to blue, it will be visible when focused, because it will be blue on amber.

I set the colours up to what I prefer and never paid attention to it, because I always thought that the first thing people do is change the colours to their favourite ones. xD I don't mind having this mismatch, because I really like that amber shade.

However, in light of this, I'll restore the old blue colour as the default highlight. It will be in the next update.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Just tried out the mod and loving it so far.

Since i play a lot of music with KODI, a few questions
(maybe i just overlooked a setting regarding those):

Is it possible to display music rating in list view as well as music playlist view?
Is it possible to display artist logi in music visualisation?
Is it possible to hide the cd case?
@Alanon

Thanks, i must have been blind.....now i see the unwatched count! An without fanart in the Background the Panel color is ok for me. Thanks!
(2017-03-05, 21:27)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Just tried out the mod and loving it so far.

Since i play a lot of music with KODI, a few questions
(maybe i just overlooked a setting regarding those):

Is it possible to display music rating in list view as well as music playlist view?
Is it possible to display artist logi in music visualisation?
Is it possible to hide the cd case?

Welcome, glad you're liking the skin! Big Grin

The user ratings should be available in both the playlist and the library usage. Currently, they are a native part of the List-based views, but I'm planning an update to add user ratings underneath the clock when browsing the library in other views. I was also thinking of replacing the 10-stars with the 5 stars from the video library. Originally, I was all for being genuine and having 10 stars to actually reflect the new rating system, but placing them all was impossible, hence the two-row solution. Now I'm thinking it might be overwhelming to look at, if you are a user who rates all your tracks.

I don't really use the music features of Kodi, just can't separate myself from my foobar and the endless hours that I'd sunk in tweaking the skins and playlists... xD Anyways, I'm completely open for any ideas and suggestions on how to improve this section.

The logos are displayed in both the OSD and the library (middle-top region, like the video items), if properly set up. Basically, your structure must match this logic: X:/Music/Artist/Album/. Within the Artist folder you place the fanart, artist slideshow fanart, and logo.png. Within the Album folder you place the DiscArt (disc.png or cdart.png) and album art (folder.jpg) if not embedded. Then, you lead the skin to the root of the structure, in the given example that's X:/Music/. The settings are located in the Display items settings category. It shouldn't matter if the artwork is placed together with the tracks, only that the structure is valid so it can be properly matched. If you've got it right, it should show immediately.

At the moment, neither the CD case nor the spinning disc are hideable, since that would require a redesign of the whole interface. There is a setting somewhat unfortunately named "Hide playback infos" which hides the whole interface and leaves you with just the visualisation. There are some other minor tweaks which you can find in the Music OSD category, it's worth a look. Especially manfeed's lyrics.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
thx for the infos, i found the settings for ratings as well as logos. Smile

i agree,displaying all 10 stars just doesn't look great.
some skins simply display 5 stars and and let the user rate them in half-star-steps, which makes the most sense.
Just tried out this skin and loving it.

Newbie question: How do I get the clearart to appear at the bottom. I'm sure it's "user error". I've combed through all the settings and can't figure it out.

Please assist.Image
(2017-03-06, 10:05)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: thx for the infos, i found the settings for ratings as well as logos. Smile

i agree,displaying all 10 stars just doesn't look great.
some skins simply display 5 stars and and let the user rate them in half-star-steps, which makes the most sense.

Yeah, that's probably the route I'll be taking come the next update.

(2017-03-06, 10:53)timjones Wrote: Just tried out this skin and loving it.

Newbie question: How do I get the clearart to appear at the bottom. I'm sure it's "user error". I've combed through all the settings and can't figure it out.

In order for everything to display properly you need to have clearart downloaded in your library. There is a back-up option within the skin that tries to fill the info if a link exists, but is not downloaded, so most likely you haven't run Artwork Downloader with the appropriate setting on. If you go to the info screen of a film within a view (press i), and choose to manually download the artwork for that film, you will get a list of available images. If you pick a ClearArt image, it will update, and you'll be able to see it in the view.

Alternatively, if you're viewing content from within an add-on, that's completely different. The add-on itself must provide links to the proper artwork, or at least enough data for the look-up to try a search. Otherwise, Kodi has no way to match the proper art with the proper content, and it will remain empty.

Also, ClearArt (CharacterArt, etc.) is not the same as ClearLogo (which you can see displayed near the top). Since you have a Logo displayed, if you change the view to Logo List, you will probably have a better display.

(2017-03-05, 16:48)Alanon Wrote: @kingkearney and all others interested: In the 2.2.7 update you'll find a preliminary setting for the extrathumbs.I've had to resort to a fadelabel control to do this, so the setting also introduced in this update, the background rotation, will not influence the rotation of the extrathumbs. That rotation is fixed in (with strange ways XD), and should amount to something like 10-12 seconds per image, presumably depending on the thumb resolution and stuff. The extrathumbs are available only where they can work, and the settings always override the Thumbs 16x9 option, albeit only in the views that have both buttons. Tvshows should remain unaffected, but please check it out, just to be safe.

The update also includes a different layout for the context menu, to see if mouse users will find it easier to handle. Please report with your impressions.

Thanks for adding this to your skin, 2 problems I noticed so far:

1 - you have gone with the image name 'extrathumb1' EMM uses 'thumb1.jpg and therefore Artwork Beef / Skin Helper imports the extrathumb images as' thumb1' 'thumb2' etc.

2 - I added a view images as 'extrathumb1, extrathumb2, extrathumb3 to test it out and they display fine, they just rotate through all the images in less than a second. There seems to be no delay between each image.
(2017-03-06, 22:06)kingkearney Wrote: Thanks for adding this to your skin, 2 problems I noticed so far:

1 - you have gone with the image name 'extrathumb1' EMM uses 'thumb1.jpg and therefore Artwork Beef / Skin Helper imports the extrathumb images as' thumb1' 'thumb2' etc.

2 - I added a view images as 'extrathumb1, extrathumb2, extrathumb3 to test it out and they display fine, they just rotate through all the images in less than a second. There seems to be no delay between each image.

1. This shouldn't be a problem, I'll just add the thumb entries in the label itself, it ought to go through those that are available and ignore the filenames that aren't found.

2. This second point was a puzzler. The problem happened to me upon setting up the initial fadelabel control. Since then I did some more digging. Essentially, the fadelabel is a hack, but the only one I could think of to add proper rotating thumbs inside containers without completely overhauling the entire info section. The way it works is, it sets up an actual label that's the path to the thumb. We then hide the text, but the image remains. Simple enough, eh?

The problem is that you get wildly varied scroll-times depending on the actual structure of your library. So, for instance, if your library is in D:/Movies/Your Movie/extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg, that will take 10 seconds to scroll in a given label width. If your library is in C:/Users/Username/Kodi/Movies/Your movie with a much longer title/extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg, then that same thumb, being nearly twice as long, will take close to twice the time to rotate per item. Except the scroll-time setting tries to compensate for the difference, so it becomes closer to +-2 seconds. However, if the width of the label is large and the file path is short, the label doesn't have the need to scroll, hence, no delay.

I think I can fix the issue, and that's it's a simple matter of ensuring the "scrollabillity" of every label. If you'd like to test it out, you could go into MyVideoNav.xml, line 159, and try to change the width from 750 to something like 50. If I'm correct about the way things work, that should be enough to scroll the label of even the shortest of file paths, while keeping the rotation to around 10 seconds or so.

@Alanon. Thank you for the quick response. I will continue to try different settings to get the desired view. Is it a possible to implement this view in the music section? I saw it on Aeon Madnox.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B46MXp...mdKMXFBclE
Dear Alanon,

I really like your skin but I have been looking for some settings that i cannot find in your skin. In the eminence 2.0 skin there is an option to make the homebar text only and without icons. Is this possible in your mod?

I found the option "home bar style" in the skin settings but instead of getting a few styles to choose from i just get an empty dialog in which I cannot see/choose any style. Is this an error or is it meant to be just one style (no option for text only)?

Also I would like to disable "sorting and info line headers" (it is an option in eminence 2.0 under "miscellaneous". Is that possible in your mod?

Thanks in advance for your reply and all your work and effort. Smile
(2017-03-07, 02:26)timjones Wrote: @Alanon. Thank you for the quick response. I will continue to try different settings to get the desired view. Is it a possible to implement this view in the music section? I saw it on Aeon Madnox.

Maybe, it all depends on how much time I'll have for extensive redesign. Blush

(2017-03-07, 23:44)hammetje Wrote: Dear Alanon,

I really like your skin but I have been looking for some settings that i cannot find in your skin. In the eminence 2.0 skin there is an option to make the homebar text only and without icons. Is this possible in your mod?

I found the option "home bar style" in the skin settings but instead of getting a few styles to choose from i just get an empty dialog in which I cannot see/choose any style. Is this an error or is it meant to be just one style (no option for text only)?

Also I would like to disable "sorting and info line headers" (it is an option in eminence 2.0 under "miscellaneous". Is that possible in your mod?

Thanks in advance for your reply and all your work and effort. Smile

Hello and welcome!

The mod has many different options for the home menu, among them text only. You were correct, the "Home bar style" button is the right one. However, it should not pop-up an empty screen, it ought to list the possible options and add preview thumbnails. The Skin Helper Service add-on should populate it with the relevant data. If it doesn't, that means something has confused it. I've seen it happen after restoring old backups, or even after a simple crash. I'd recommend resetting the skin settings, and perhaps reinstalling the freshest dependency add-on(s). That ought to help.

The second option you were looking for is located under "Display items settings" and bears the same name as the original.

I know that the settings are too many, even I get lost in them. I haven't been able to find a more logical way of dealing with the categories... Confused

Is there a setting for the hub background color? Id like to at least take away some of the transparent background cuz its a lil hard to read on some backgrounds.
(2017-03-08, 10:12)DoSe420 Wrote: Is there a setting for the hub background color? Id like to at least take away some of the transparent background cuz its a lil hard to read on some backgrounds.
The hub background setting is the same as the general background color and opacity setting.

You have the option to either darken the backgrounds or to simply use the dark panel interface in the skin together with a light background tint.

Or use one of the dark colour schemes that came as a preset with the skin.

• 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21