• 218(current)
Release skin helper service
ATTENTION ALL SKINNERS

The new version of skin helper is now available on the kodi repo.
If you haven't done it already, now is a good time to push an updated version of your skin to the repo.
(2017-02-28, 14:27)heula Wrote:
(2017-02-23, 14:35)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-02-21, 11:46)heula Wrote: In Krypton (kodi-17.0-Krypton) my widgets for Live TV channels and recent recordings are not working. Also last added music albums widget is not working.
No problem in Jarvis.

1. Did you allow the system some time to startup and fill the cache ?
2. Is your PVR guide properly filled with EPG data ?
3. You will need to provide a Kodi logfile if you want me to support with your issue.

Updated to 17.1 RC no change.

Question 1 - Yes
Question 2 - Yes
Question 3 - Kodi log
After updating to 1.1.8 the widget for recent recordings is working again.

I have the second widget for PVR timers but I see there all kinds of weird things. In the Timer sub menu I see all upcoming recordings for the next days but in the widget I see all my timers that have no broadcast date and is set to 01-01-1970. I only want to see all the upcoming recordings that are broadcasted. Is that possible?

I know this was a bug in Jarvis because all the recordings without broadcast date were seen as 01-01-1970 in the Timers Sub Menu as well but in Krypton the Timer Sub Menu only shows the actual upcoming recordings. Unfortunatly the widget does not.

Kodi log

Thanks
Hi Marcel.

I'm currently in the process of adapting the new infolabels.

I can't find any info on $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.PVR.Trailer)]?

It used to work brilliantly! Wink
(2017-03-04, 01:09)marcelveldt Wrote: ATTENTION ALL SKINNERS

If you haven't done it already, now is a good time to push an updated version of your skin to the repo.
Good Job...I hope that you continue to work on your repo on Git-hub...There is much faster changes and have good Wiki Smile
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2017-03-01, 23:21)Angelinas Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 03:27)woodside Wrote: been getting this error sometimes since last update...

Code:
art += feat_artist_details["art"].get(arttype, [])
                                            TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'list' objects
17:17:11.940 T:1356   ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> Exception in resources.lib.kodi_monitor ! --> cannot concatenate 'str' and 'list' objects
Marcel stil have this isue , after manual or auto search art for artis when Artist have "&" in name that error is block all helper script.
Artist name "Angels & Airwaves" open three different selectdialog (I hit each time button "cancel" when open new dialogselect) and have same error in Debug Log and script is Out.
When Use "Refresh(Auto lookup), error is present to......
script.module.metadatautils version version="1.0.3"

1.Images:Selectdialog-I choose manual configure Artwork
2.Images:Selectdialog-Name for search Art "Angels & Airwaves"
3.Images:Selectdialog-Name for search Art "Angels"
4.Images:Selectdialog-Name for search Art "Airwaves"

Seems the issue is still there and skin helper just crash once you have finished to set the artworks
Moanbag is in da place!
I upgraded to Kodi 17.1 RC (the so called shitty build for Android) yesterday and I'm having serious issues with animated fanart. For a lot of movies I prefer the jpg movie fanart instead of the (low resolution) animated gif file. I was always able to do so, by selecting the dummy animated fanart file (None) on the server of R Schiks. This worked fine on Jarvis with a previous version of the skinhelperservice (the version that stored the gif files in the thumbnails folder). However on Krypton, skin helper service 1.1.8 behaves unexpectedly. I'm unable to replace the animated fanart gif file into the standard jpg file. After selecting the dummy file (None), nothing happens. Kodi keeps showing the animated fanart file. I found out that the dummy fanart file is not being downloaded to the script.module.metadatautils\animatedgifs folder. When I open the movie (the one I just editted the animated fanart for), Kodi crashes... There is no relevant information in the log file. Any idea what causes this and how this can be fixed? Regards.

Edit: It seems that the crashes have nothing to do with the skinhelperservice, but are related to dvd (vob) files. I will investigate this further.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

Sorry, I haven't been following in detail. Any changes necessary for skins to maintain compatibility with the new version? I checked the github wiki, but I didn't see anything specifically called out.
Hey Marcel,
It very nice to see you are still here and keep developing this awesome script.
good job my friend! :]

personally i've been away for a long time from developing to kodi, but recently I found some extra-time to make Phenomenal skin for krypton.
I saw that you split the script into 3-4 services, I think I figured it out and changed what necessary, but do you have some "to-do list" with all the changes? or some post here that should I read?

b.t.w, one function that is not working anymore for me is:
Code:
<F2>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=setkodisetting,setting=locale.language,value=resource.language.en_gb)</F2>
I use this to switch kodi language (interface) with keymaps... can you check why it isn't working anymore ?
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Upgraded to new skin helper service. The random movie/tv/music/etc backgrounds stopped working nd the options for them disappeared from the background settings menu. Rolled back to previous version and the options came back and started working.
Marcel, I've had some Linux users tell me that the Alphabet Jump causes their cpu's to have 100% loads. They've done tests on several configs and cpu's, and every time deleting the code seems to restore things to normal.

I've implemented the jump bar following the example on your wiki, and for 80% of the skin views it's applied via an include. The rest have the same code in the views code itself. Is there any error in my implementation, or is this a legitimate bug? I don't use Linux, so I can only go by what I've told you here.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
don't know if it's something that i'm doing wrong or a skinhelper limitation, but when I open a info window on a movie or other content that is on the widgets, all the information that skinhelper is supposed to give, doesn't appear but if I open the info page on the library it works

on library

on widgets

Also wanted to know what the popularity number on the tvdb means. it's a strange number.

I agrre with the Edworld's suggestions - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2539899
(2017-03-05, 06:17)Bumpaneer Wrote:

Sorry, I haven't been following in detail. Any changes necessary for skins to maintain compatibility with the new version? I checked the github wiki, but I didn't see anything specifically called out.
The names of many properties changed to be more consistent. The wiki has details - they are now the format SkinHelper.ListItem.Propertyname

The other big change was that widgets and backgrounds and colorpicker were put into separate individual addons.

Mostly it's just a case of replacing property names or the plugin name called
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Since the new version of the "Skin helper service" I have no longer PVR art in Krypton. In Jarvis everthing seems to be fine. Using Aeon Nox Silvo.

Krypton RC widget

Krypton RC Recordings

Jarvis Widget

Krypton log

Thanks.
@KODser & @heula
Both have same isue,from jarvis to krypton...need to set number (id) for your widget in home window
Code:
<onload>SetProperty(SkinHelper.WidgetContainer,510)</onload>
For pvr timer and record didn see new Marcel code,but I see that for pvr he is add "group=group1,......" in code to call widget.
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Since updating skin helper service it is not allowing me to add shortcuts to my menu.......... using titan skin
  • 218(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18