• 42(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
I am a new user of Chrome Launcher, but I am facing a problem haven't been able to find a solution for...
When I open for instance Youtube, Kodi seems to be opening it but after a while nothing happens. Later I discovered, after I closed Kodi, that Chrome did actually launch, but it is always behind Kodi. I don't get any entry in the logfile, since there is no error I believe...

Do you know how to put Chrome in front of Kodi?
I don't want to have to close Kodi every time I use the launcher and reopen it afterwards

I am running Kodi 16 over Fluxbox on Linux x86 64-bit 4.4.26-Gentoo

Thanks
Perhaps try a different WM. Openbox is pretty light, and I believe works.

Then again libreelec uses fluxbox and chrome launcher launches chrome in front of kodi.

Maybe something with the way you are launching kodi - setting 'always on top' or something?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Does anyone know if it's possible to get bluetooth audio working in Chromium? I am running LibreElec on an Intel machine. Bluetooth works for Kodi but I loose audio when I launch Chromium.
I run a standalone Kodi with Openbox, launching Chrome with the Chrome Launcher addon.
I am trying to setup key bindings so that pressing Home always takes me back to Kodi main screen - from any screen inside Kodi, or from any other open window (e.g. Chrome).
In other words, I need a key binding for non-Kodi windows but no key binding for the Kodi window.
Any help appreciated.
OK I got it finally.
In Openbox, I made a keybinding that is dependent on window title.
Non-kodi windows get the Close action.
Kodi windows get the Execute action. I send (a different) keypress via xdotool, which is mapped to the ActivateWindow(Home) action in kodi keymap.
First of all i want to thank asde for creating this browser. I've integrated my directv with it on my htpc

What I am wanting to ask is if it is possible that i edit the add on, own graphic etc

Obvously credit will be given to asde

Look forwarf to your reply
I have Kodi from the Windows 10 Store. The userdata folder is in a different location and I think it's causing issue with Chrome Launcher. When I open a link, it open Chrome with this in the URL bar:

file:///C:/Users/MYUSER/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/black.html

This path doesn't exist. How can I fix this?
(2017-03-06, 04:11)QcMax Wrote: I have Kodi from the Windows 10 Store. The userdata folder is in a different location and I think it's causing issue with Chrome Launcher. When I open a link, it open Chrome with this in the URL bar:

file:///C:/Users/MYUSER/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/black.html

try having chrome already open
(2017-03-06, 23:02)markeymark Wrote:
(2017-03-06, 04:11)QcMax Wrote: I have Kodi from the Windows 10 Store. The userdata folder is in a different location and I think it's causing issue with Chrome Launcher. When I open a link, it open Chrome with this in the URL bar:

try having chrome already open

Same problem but there is a little difference. If Chrome is already open, it won't try to open the page in Kiosk mode.

EDIT : My issues was caused by having Kodi installed from the Windows Store. The userdata folder is in a different location. I decided to install Kodi 17.1 from the official website and I copied my userdata folder in the standard location and now it works!
Hey guys, I just put together a new chromebox running LibrELEC (Kodi 17.0) and Estuary.

The issue I ran into is when I close the Chrome Launcher Kodi isn't in focus?! The only way I can regain control is using the mouse to highlight something then I can go back to using my remote. I've tried using alt+tab but nothing else is running, I can jump to Home or a specific section and I will see something highlighted but still can't use my remote/keyboard to navigate.

Not really sure what else to try... any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

[edit] On a totally separate note, I just tried adding another site setting kiosk mode to "no" and it still starts in kiosk mode?!
[edit2] The issue is with Estuary, which sucks because I like the skin...
is there anyway this could be used for firefox in kodi?
(2016-09-29, 20:34)rasjani Wrote: guys, check the version in my repo and see if that works and report back in what works & what doesn't.. URL in sig

HI, I just installed your ver and it works in my tablet.

But one problem is the chrome is in normal mode, not full screen,

Do you have any idea to fix it ? Or we have to stay with that error ?

tks
I have a home menu shortcut for netflix and it works fine and all. but when I close chrome and get back into Kodi I'm no longer at the home menu I'm at the Chrome Launcher submenu.

I looked at kiilljoy's solution with editing the default.py script but I couldn't get where to insert the new line of code. I'm using rasjani's version of CL.

Then I tried Fr0styMatt's solution with editing the shortcut link, but that one didn't work for me. It still launches CL, but it also still go to the CL submenu when I close chrome.

Is there anyone that knows a way to stay at the home menu and can help me out?
It would be really appreciated
Quote:I had the same problem, video just keeps buffering and will not start playing in youtube tv mode.
I managed to fix this problem by installing SmartVideo For YouTube extension.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...pcddinpjjp

Now youtube works fine. Hope this helps Smile

Thank you. That fixed it for me
I am unable to reach the repository

Sent from my Z2 Plus
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8