• 4(current)
(fuse)neue
Ive fallen in love mate, simply beautiful, the only niggle i have is that the PVR guide, is it a massive job to port the original arctic zephyr pvr guide into this??

Im quite able in perfoming work on xmls and the like even though im quiet on here..

Didnt want to sit and attempt it if its not possible thats all..

Again, thanks for this one, my new number 1 by far and thats been Xonfluence for a long time now..
(2017-03-03, 05:30)jurialmunkey Wrote: New Info Dialog:

Jurialmunkey

What is the difference between thumb and artwork? I don't have the thumb button on windows 7. What other buttons are available? I moved my flags down and want to make sure that I am not using space that is there for buttons

Thanks
(2017-03-05, 15:47)Jönke Wrote: Testing pvr right now, some suggestions.
-remove dim when change channel in fullscreen live tv (+- from remote)
-add epg info to "tv channels"
-make epg info window in timeline epg smaller so we can se more of live tv screen

Thanks really nice skin !
Thanks.
Yeah the dimming needs some tweaking, will look into it later today when I'm home.
I'll see if I can work out a way to get info into tvchannels screen. It's a bit difficult with a square aspect logo because cant expand the info blade because it expands past the logo height.
I might add an option to lower the info blade in the epg, I'll try some things out. I'm keen to keep everything the same sizing and not have different sizing for different windows though.

(2017-03-05, 16:27)Edworld Wrote: I haven't been able to setup the weather widget, but that is probably me doing something wrong. However I did notice some redundancy on the image below. I think you can eliminate center bottom label of city / temperature
There currently isn't a weather widget, only the weather window.
Ah yeah I see. Will remove that when I'm home later today.

(2017-03-05, 17:21)Edworld Wrote: I went into skin settings / extras and click on the color options and the color pallette didnt pop up. I believe I have all the skin helper addons installed.
The popcorn comes from the rotten tomatoes site.
Yeah I realised about the popcorn when I checked against the Arctic mod. I added that and tmdb rating.
When I was testing on my libreelec setup I noticed that it doesn't prompt you to install the colorpicker if its missing. What is really odd is if I switch to Eminence and use the exact same function it prompts you to install as it should when you have a missing addon. I really don't understand why that happens. I might need to add a page to install dependencies - though maybe it was to do with the recent updates of skinhelper in the official repo.

Here is a direct link to colorpicker addon if you need to manually install:
https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...1.0.12.zip

(2017-03-05, 21:17)Dicky142 Wrote: Ive fallen in love mate, simply beautiful, the only niggle i have is that the PVR guide, is it a massive job to port the original arctic zephyr pvr guide into this??
Im quite able in perfoming work on xmls and the like even though im quiet on here..
Didnt want to sit and attempt it if its not possible thats all..
Again, thanks for this one, my new number 1 by far and thats been Xonfluence for a long time now..
Thanks Big Grin

Definitely possible, but might be a bit of a big job. The colour definitions are different so you would need to change them, plus likely missing includes and different fonts. Plus my defaults.xml has different things in it, so some of the labels might be positioned incorrectly (arctic zephyr has a default height tag set whereas this skin does not (so I can use top and bottom instead), so you need to add <height>66</height> to labels etc.).

Can I ask what is the issue with the pvr guide, as it is very much a work in progress still so I'm happy to hear suggestions. Is it just because you can't see as many channels? (because height of it is unlikely to change...)

(2017-03-06, 01:28)Edworld Wrote: What is the difference between thumb and artwork? I don't have the thumb button on windows 7. What other buttons are available? I moved my flags down and want to make sure that I am not using space that is there for buttons
One was using Artwork Downloader and the other the built in Kodi artwork selector. I removed the artwork downloader button and renamed the "get thumb" to artwork. No need for Artwork downloader if I'm not using clearart/logo/discart etc. (originally was going to use discart and logo, but decided they don't really fit).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Jurialmunkey,

Not sure if there is anything you can do about this, it is related to tvshows

If you look at the image below, you can see the poster for each individual season, but when you select the season, the poster is no longer season related, it shows the tvshow poster.

That is the only indicator of what season you are in once you select the season

watch gallery
@Edworld - that's been a long standing kodi limitation - only the tvshow poster can be accessed at the episode level. I agree it makes way more sense to show the season poster but unfortunately not possible
Jurialmunkey,

Take a look at nox5

watch gallery
(2017-03-06, 05:40)Edworld Wrote: Jurialmunkey,

Take a look at nox5

Yeah you can only get it in VideoInfo dialog which is really frustrating because it seems like it really shouldn't be difficult to get it working.

From the wiki:
Code:
ListItem.Art(season.poster)     Returns the season poster of the currently selected season. (Only available in DialogVideoInfo.xml)

EDIT: Actually I just tried something and it seems to be working. Must've been fixed for Krypton.
Brilliant work, skin looks wonderful.
One thing that is niggling at me when navigating the submenus- it feels like the widgets should change as you scroll the sub menu. I know this would be a big thing to implement and if you could put the option for this in the skin it would make the perfect touch.
Not really a problem if not possible just means an extra click of the remote.
Jurialmunkey,

Thanks for fixing dialogvideoinfo for tvshow posters, I assume you will also put this fix into place for arctic.

I have two questions:

1) when playing a movie, if you hit the "information" button you get a popup window with info that I believe comes from extendedinfo script. I prefer the format of extendedinfo for revenue and budget in million and billions, instead of complete dollar amounts with cents.

What file has the information for this box? I want to see if I can copy the code over to dialogvideoinfo

2) TVshow - I also would like to include the season number to the progress bar, something like S03E04 infront of the episode title. Is the progress bar label included in include_furniture?

Thanks
(2017-03-07, 00:32)stujohaigh Wrote: Brilliant work, skin looks wonderful.
One thing that is niggling at me when navigating the submenus- it feels like the widgets should change as you scroll the sub menu. I know this would be a big thing to implement and if you could put the option for this in the skin it would make the perfect touch.
Thanks Smile

Yeah I've been trying to get submenu widgets to work. Its not so much the amount of work required, but rather that I just can't seem to get them working correctly with skin shortcut templates. If I get it working properly I will let you know.

(2017-03-07, 01:33)Edworld Wrote: Jurialmunkey,

Thanks for fixing dialogvideoinfo for tvshow posters, I assume you will also put this fix into place for arctic.

I have two questions:

1) when playing a movie, if you hit the "information" button you get a popup window with info that I believe comes from extendedinfo script. I prefer the format of extendedinfo for revenue and budget in million and billions, instead of complete dollar amounts with cents.

What file has the information for this box? I want to see if I can copy the code over to dialogvideoinfo

2) TVshow - I also would like to include the season number to the progress bar, something like S03E04 infront of the episode title. Is the progress bar label included in include_furniture?

Thanks
1. Its from extendedinfo - they are window properties that are only available from inside the extendedinfo window. I agree, cents seems a little ridiculous to have.The thing that is odd is that the skinhelper budget tag doesn't have cents included. Perhaps if I change to revenue (because it comes from tmdb like budget) it wont (slightly different as its not just ticket sales but also physical media etc, but still a relevant figure).

2. Yeah its Furniture_NowPlayingInfo but I just added it because it really should be there.
(2017-03-07, 03:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: 1. Its from extendedinfo - they are window properties that are only available from inside the extendedinfo window. I agree, cents seems a little ridiculous to have.The thing that is odd is that the skinhelper budget tag doesn't have cents included. Perhaps if I change to revenue (because it comes from tmdb like budget) it wont (slightly different as its not just ticket sales but also physical media etc, but still a relevant figure).

Personally I like the way Phil implemented all of his $$$ labels in the extendedinfo script, it looks a lot cleaner to have less digits and use M or B.

Update: I've implemented submenu widgets. However, there is a bug in skinshortcuts (which I've reported so hopefully will get fixed soon). Basically if your submenu label is a localized string then the visibility condition for the widget doesn't work. The way to fix it is to rename the submenu item - all you have to do is delete the last character of the label for that submenu item and then retype it.

Basically what happens is Kodi stores all text strings as a number so that it can be translated (i.e. when you use a different language kodi replaces the number with the corresponding text string from the translation file). However, the skinshortcuts matching code has a bug that tries to match the label to the number rather than the translated value resulting in a failed match (and so the widget doesn't show). By inputting your own label, you override the string localization and set your own string value for it (and then the match works because it matches text with text).
Jurialmunkey,

For budget and revenue I use the following line to avoid getting $0

<visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Budget.formatted),0)</visible>

is there a better option that this?
(2017-03-07, 05:54)Edworld Wrote: Jurialmunkey,

For budget and revenue I use the following line to avoid getting $0

<visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Budget.formatted),0)</visible>

is there a better option that this?

Not that I can think of.

EDIT: It might be better to use the following because when there are commas in bigger numbers then it's not technically an integer anymore.
Code:
!Integer.IsEqual(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Budget.formatted),0)
(2017-03-07, 05:46)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Update: I've implemented submenu widgets. However, there is a bug in skinshortcuts (which I've reported so hopefully will get fixed soon). Basically if your submenu label is a localized string then the visibility condition for the widget doesn't work. The way to fix it is to rename the submenu item - all you have to do is delete the last character of the label for that submenu item and then retype it.

Basically what happens is Kodi stores all text strings as a number so that it can be translated (i.e. when you use a different language kodi replaces the number with the corresponding text string from the translation file). However, the skinshortcuts matching code has a bug that tries to match the label to the number rather than the translated value resulting in a failed match (and so the widget doesn't show). By inputting your own label, you override the string localization and set your own string value for it (and then the match works because it matches text with text).

That's brill, takes the skin to another level. And can't believe how fast was implemented too. Thanks.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(fuse)neue13