Stop and resume not working after Krypton update?
I am using mythtv pvr in osmc at raspberry pi 2 and pi 3 frontends.
Before update it saved the place when I stopped viewing the recording and then when I started to view same recording it asked should it resume from previous place. Now after the krypton update it always starts recordings from begining. I am also using that "old" Confluence skin because I find it easier to use with remote than the new Estuary skin.

Is this a bug or has that resume functionality been removed in Krypton update? Huh
With latest mythtv addon, the saved position is stored as MythTV bookmark. Sadly if you have transcoded your recording then recordseek table has been cleaned. These data are required to convert from time position (kodi used time, mythtv use frame count). So saving bookmark failed.

Also recordseek data are required to convert EDL marks.
I haven't transcoded recordings. Mythtv server only runs metadata search and find commercial breaks on TV recordings.

Yesterday I installed latest updates and I tested those manual bookmarks and those worked fine. But it still doesn't save automatically that last watched position when I stopped watching recording. Is there anyway to enable that automatic stop/resume functionality for recorded videos?
Please debug log
Here's the logfile:
http://paste.osmc.io/inudavediw

In log I started to watch my kids recording "Pikku Kakkonen" then I forwarded recording to 30min and stopped recording. After that I started playing and recording started from beginning.

From the log I found:
18:01:07.188 T:1938813936 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: SetRecordingLastPlayedPosition: Setting Bookmark for: Pikku Kakkonen to 1823
18:01:07.189 T:1938813936 NOTICE: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: SetRecordingLastPlayedPosition: Setting Bookmark failed
but I can't figure out why it doesn't save that bookmark...
I'm having the same issue. I have Krypton installed on a Raspberry PI 2 and Firestick. Neither of these give me the option to resume a recording from where I left off. I've also got Jarvis running on a windows 7 machine. The resume function works perfectly there. They are all talking to the same backend.

Also, I have Windows Media Center and ServerWMC running on another instance. I have exactly the same symptoms with PVR.WMC - no resume capability in Krypton, works fine in Jarvis.

Hurts the WAF big time...
Set recording last played position failed because mythtv backend returns an error. I haven t more details. You can test the api call manually. I will post a sample later.
Also I will add a setting to restore previous behavior using kodi bookmarks instead backend. It will resolve your issue. The next version of the addon (4.14.2) will include the setting.
(2017-03-03, 01:58)Alligator5678 Wrote: I'm having the same issue. I have Krypton installed on a Raspberry PI 2 and Firestick. Neither of these give me the option to resume a recording from where I left off. I've also got Jarvis running on a windows 7 machine. The resume function works perfectly there. They are all talking to the same backend.

Also, I have Windows Media Center and ServerWMC running on another instance. I have exactly the same symptoms with PVR.WMC - no resume capability in Krypton, works fine in Jarvis.

So it seems the root cause isn t the backend or addon. And the issue exists only with RPI. It could be a cast issue or unaligned issue of the integer value passed by kodi to the addon.
Have you placed a post in kodi thread about this problem ?
And also that could work fine using internal kodi bookmark because , for this case, the position value isn t transfered throw the pvr api.
(2017-03-07, 10:03)janbar Wrote:
(2017-03-03, 01:58)Alligator5678 Wrote: I'm having the same issue. I have Krypton installed on a Raspberry PI 2 and Firestick. Neither of these give me the option to resume a recording from where I left off. I've also got Jarvis running on a windows 7 machine. The resume function works perfectly there. They are all talking to the same backend.

So it seems the root cause isn t the backend or addon. And the issue exists only with RPI. It could be a cast issue or unaligned issue of the integer value passed by kodi to the addon.
Have you placed a post in kodi thread about this problem ?

Not just Raspberry Pi, also have the issue on Amazon firestick. I'll check the Kodi thread for similar issues, post there after circling the wagons one more time.
Are you finished updating the addon for Jarvis? I have some issues with Kodi v17 that keep me from upgrading but I love some of the features of your addon for v17. Mostly the option to offer delete after playback and also the option not to display the live tv group in recordings.
Seems the issue had been reported and it is fixed in Krypton 17.1 (rc1).

@lviperz, the pvr API has been updated since Jarvis and It will be tricky to merge features. I will try it tomorrow but I can't test it because I haven't installed Jarvis since 4 months ago. I will let you know.

Edit: Also I published the new release 4.15.0 including the new setting to disable usage of backend bookmarks in tab "Advanced".
(2017-03-07, 21:59)janbar Wrote: @lviperz, the pvr API has been updated since Jarvis and It will be tricky to merge features. I will try it tomorrow but I can't test it because I haven't installed Jarvis since 4 months ago. I will let you know.

Oh, I didn't mean to post that question in this thread. Sorry about that but thanks.
I installed 17.1 on my Amazon Firestick today. MythTV v4.14.0 came with the apk I downloaded. With the MythTV PVR I still can't resume a recording. To the left of the recording appears a checkmark and when I select it, it starts from the beginning. I switched PVRs over to PVR WMC and I was able to resume recordings. I'm pretty sure that didn't work in 17.0, however, I'm not positive. For me, it's a MythTV only issue - MythTV 4.14.0 pvr on Kodi 17.1 doesn't permit resuming playback of a recording. I'm ready and willing to beta test anything further to help.
Ok, 17.1 resume functionality works if I resume from the main screen "TV - Recent recordings" and I select a recording that I had previously suspended. However if I'm on the main Kodi screen and select "TV - Recordings - Default", and then select a a recording that I'd suspended it always starts at the beginning... hmm...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stop and resume not working after Krypton update?0