• 100(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
Captain america menu

Mad max

All works well including fbi warning, movie trailer commercials and extras etc.

I also feel that pq and sq improved, well maybe because of the menus and the feeling that you are watching original Bluray.

Sent from my iPhone
PQ and SQ did not improve....it is in your head...
Dont work AFR 23.978 When launched through BD-Menu. Does anyone work?
@mirror

New music player seems ok.
Except for this grammatical error

How about
"Do you want to play it in background?"
Or
"Background play?"

Sent from my iPhone
Does this thing support forced subtitles? I have MKV's with PGS english subtitles and forced subtitles (if applicable). Forced subs are flagged as forced and are automatically selected on my other Kodi boxes as well as setting XDMC to use internal player. But it does not select forced subs with using external player. Is there a special way I have to setup?

Thanks in advance
External player is not supporting forced subtitles, it needs to be fixed.
@DAlba, I replied to you in the main 3D thread. Didn't initially see you had asked here as well.

Beelink has a new RTD1295 box out.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
case looks very cheap quality, depends entirely on Kodi 16.1. Basically, it gives nothing to make it different than most other boxes out there.
Zidoo has announced another RTD1295-based 'premium' player, the X10...

[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I love all the baffling bumpf on their product pages...

"It is 4K physical pixels distinguish X10 from fake 4K by algorithm workaround.
The details then are able to be clearly present"

"ZDMC is much helpful to stream online videos"

"Zidoo X10 is the preferred device on the
playability and practicality"

Oh and - "RealTek RTD1295DD, which comes with 64Bit A53
and Mali-T820,
the most advanced processor Realtek has ever built...
Still can't achieve 10bit 4:4:4 though can it? Or Native resolution switching...
zidoo X10 brings nothing new, as the upgrade from X9s is not worth it at all....

@DaMacFunkin

thought 4:4:4 can be done from the 1295 ! crap, just to be sure can the amlogic S912 and hisilicon v200 do 4:4:4 ?!
(2017-03-11, 09:09)nenito2k Wrote: zidoo X10 brings nothing new, as the upgrade from X9s is not worth it at all....

Well, it looks like it's got a fan in the case. Since I'm about to glue a heatsink to my X8 because it overheats pretty easily, that's an upgrade Smile
(2017-03-11, 09:09)nenito2k Wrote: zidoo X10 brings nothing new, as the upgrade from X9s is not worth it at all....

@DaMacFunkin

thought 4:4:4 can be done from the 1295 ! crap, just to be sure can the amlogic S912 and hisilicon v200 do 4:4:4 ?!

Look back through the posts here and on Zidoo support, 10bit 4:4:4 produces black screens and audio loss / pops, it has Been like that since I bought the player with 1.2.3 firmware.
Wouldn't be that much of a problem but Samsung TVs seem to have subtle banding with 10/12bit 4:2:2.
Question: is Hyperion working under kodi?
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
Hi all, today I would like to share my impressions of one wonderful purchase i made last year. The thing that continues to please me, from the very first moment. Generally its all about movies and entertainment but in details its about media player. I wish to tell you about Zidoo X9S (https://goo.gl/lXSeMV), wich i decide to buy in october 2016. I am a big movie fan, and i cant imagine my life without it. During my life many epochs has changed: videotapes, cd and dvd disks, and now its a blu-ray era, but mostly its time of digital content and video services. So keeping up with progress i decide to change my hardware. Doing some searching i was surprised that old market players was far away from my needs. New era requires new devices and new vision. My requirements was simple but meticulous and Zidoo team with its clear product line up was the one who met expectations without a doubt. By that time X9S was selling like hotcakes, which gave even more confidence to my choice. It was and in my opinion it still is one of the top andriod media player. I will not going to describe my impressions here, i prefer to concentrate on facts of why i think Zidoo X9S is a top level andriod mediaplayer.
There are always 3 key things which helps me make a decision: design, functionality and reliability reports. Of course there is more to talk about but in general, if one of this 'properties' does not fit, there is no go. Zidoo X9S fits, Design is very pragmatic and sharp, nothing excessive, very stylish and thought-out. Speaking of features and functions, there is no sense to count them all. I got what i want and even more. I got movies in absolutely stunning sound and video quality thanks to Realtek1295, i got Netflix and AmazonPrime and YouTube in additions. Yeah, this box is full of useful features like openWRT, HDMI-in, superfast Wi-Fi. You can read the specs, but as for me i like automatic frame switching, i like to watch movies as the were originally filmed, and AFR doing great. Another feature i dreamed about was to get rid of cables, crossing all my room. USB, LAN, SAT, HDMI-DVI - totally mess. Now i have one power cord, 'nuff said...I have to admit the developers hard work. During the time, i used the X9S, Zidoo team released four firmwares! This guys definitely knows what to do and how to do their customers happy. Quick fixes, new features, you feel the support and this makes you proud for you choice, and every dollar you spent for that great box. Seriously, don't blame me in flattering or something else, but i think for today, Zidoo X9S is my best media player. Yes every product has its pros and cons, but there are spots even in the sun. My final words is for those who like cinema, who remember the pain of VCR or rubbish video-cd, who finally made a dvd collection and now stocking hdd's to store favourite movies. Zidoo X9S can play it for you.

Thanks for reading, and best regards!
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8