• 49(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
Hi,

I just wasted 3 days of my life trying to fix spotify on my raspberry pi.

Lets start what ive already done or tryed.
1 following every tutorial on the entire internet.
2 started up another linux debian virtual machine, installed kodi, added the packages (because chrome wasn't supported on arm devices), installed chrome and spotify
filled in my credentials of my spotify account (I dont use facebook login). After trying to start it the browser finally pops up, which is planned... logged in again.
The browser shows "Login succesfull" With a simple text : you can now close your browser.. Followed the instructions and tryed to start spotify ones again,
the browser came again with the succesfull message and an error came in. See the following link for the log file > Log_File_Kodi_Pastebin

3 I've tryed to copy some files from my windows %appdata% to linux and that neither worked out.

Can someone help me further? Maybe help me finding the right files or fix the error from the log.

Fixed it by myself.
(2017-02-14, 14:12)gazzauk71 Wrote: For those that can't get the thing working. See here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2289336

You have copy the cache file that gets installed on the PC device, note PC in Windows as that lets you get at the file in explorer. Copy it off and paste it to the Libreelec file system, into the right folder. Fire up the spotify addon which will run for 30 secs before coming up in Spotify.

Note the 32-bit system build for KSZAK builds, that's the point here, the x64 won't won't work with the Spotify addon as there are no libs from Spotify yet. Thats why KSZAK sticks with the 32-bit for compatibility.

From original thread:

There is a small workaround to try if you have another client which actually does have a browser:
1. install the spotify client on a pc with a browser
2. open the spotify client and accept the authentication request in the browser.
3. now, on the filesystem navigate to kodi userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify and copy the cache file to the same location on your pi

In step 3 there should be a file with your spotify username in its file name. Thats the file you copy. I think that step 1) means install Kodi and then add the spotify client to it from the Embry repo. Even test it out on the PC which will work. In that way you can be sure you've a working structure and system in Kodi. You can then take the .cache file, copy it to your Kodi box and fire up Spotify.

Its put in here,change the name of course to your box: \\libreelecs905x\Userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify Your see the file user_name.CACHE so go ahead copy it and place it back into the same folder structure on your Kodi box. In my case the S905X using KSZAK builds for S905/x devices. This is just an example of the folder structures used. On Windows the source will be probably found in apps data under the user, the Kodi install structure will be the same though regardless.

This didnt worked for me!....
Smile 
Krypton update please. Smile
For Krypton: I got this to work on LibreELEC for my Intel NUC (and it is very nice, thank you) but not for my RPi
OSMC Vero 4K, Intel NUC Celeron 847, ODroid N2+, Raspberry Pi3 LibreELEC. Amazon Fire TV
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
if you install LE 8.0.0.0 an NUC then please Install Chromium from Libreelec Repo and then install Spotify (here from Emby Repo. After entering Username and Password, Chromium pops up and you can log into Spotify. After success, just close chromium and everything works fine. Did this on a new device this morning ... suxxess :-)
RPi is not x86 based and doesn't have chromium. However, you can copy the files from the NUC to make it work on the RPi. I cannot remember which file it was, but I'm sure you'll figure it out.
Samsung ES7005 55" led tv - Denon AVR-3313 - NAD C275BEE - B&W DM683 - B&W HTM61 - B&W 686
Intel NUC D34010WYK - 128GB Crucial ssd, Built in IR Receiver
And a Logitech Harmony Touch to control it all. https://libreelec.tv
Retired: Asus EB1501P ION2 - OCZ Vertex 2 64gb ssd - Built in IR Receiver
2. open the spotify client and accept the authentication request in the browser. (Reboot?) Try addon on PC!
3.install addon on Rpi
4. on PC filesystem navigate to kodi userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify and copy the cache file to the same location on your pi
5. (Reboot?) Try addon on rpi
When I check Codec info while playing Spotify, I see that it is processing a PCM stream at 1411 kbps /16 bits / 44.1 Khz. This would appear to be a lossless rate, equivalent to what is on a CD. Compared to the 320 MP3 rate that Spotify normally provides, it sounds fantastic on my Raspberry Pi 3 with HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro, feeding a Dynaco ST120 tube amp. Am I reading the numbers correctly, or simply delusional?

https://gyazo.com/2f557214a868521dc872321f2f53403f

Mike
(2016-03-22, 21:31)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 21:27)Jönke Wrote: How to use on Raspberry pi with Openelec ? ( has no webbrowser)

I will add support for the web Viewer addon today:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Web_Viewer

EDIT: hmm, tried that and isn't working so no luck for pi users.

There is a small workaround to try if you have another client which actually does have a browser:
2. open the spotify client and accept the authentication request in the browser.
3. now, on the filesystem navigate to kodi userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify and copy the cache file to the same location on your pi

I didn't test this but it's worth a shot If it works it might be an idea if I create an option to specify a custom path to the cache file because the token gets refreshed from time to time.

Can someone tell me where the userdata folder can be accessed on raspberry pi? Smile I logged in through WinSCP with user: osmc and pass: osmc, but cant seem to find where to place the cache file.

EDIT:
I've now activated Samba, but the only folders i can access is osmc/Moveis, Music, Pictures & TV Shows. I've logged in with the user osmc
(2017-03-15, 15:10)mazeeff Wrote: When I check Codec info while playing Spotify, I see that it is processing a PCM stream at 1411 kbps /16 bits / 44.1 Khz. This would appear to be a lossless rate, equivalent to what is on a CD. Compared to the 320 MP3 rate that Spotify normally provides, it sounds fantastic on my Raspberry Pi 3 with HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro, feeding a Dynaco ST120 tube amp. Am I reading the numbers correctly, or simply delusional?

https://gyazo.com/2f557214a868521dc872321f2f53403f

Mike

You are correct, the raw PCM stream is used.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Hi,

Does "Spotify for Kodi" work on OSMC running on Kodi v 17.1-RC1 on Rapsberry Pi 2 or not? I have tried method with username.cache file but unsuccessful (there is different files and foldes structure on Pi2 and PC). Thanks.
I downloaded on my MXQ pro 4K everything seemed to work however I can only listen to 30 second snippets of each song. Any way to fix this?
(2017-03-19, 15:55)Elko1231 Wrote: I downloaded on my MXQ pro 4K everything seemed to work however I can only listen to 30 second snippets of each song. Any way to fix this?

No, your platform is not supported by the (outdated) libspotify SDK. We're all still waiting until Spotify releases a succeeder and until that happens this plugin will only support a limited amounts amount of platforms.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Hi,

I'm trying to get this plugin working but currently with no luck.
Running Kodi 17 on Ubuntu 16.04.

Already tried to install through repository and directly, tried with versions 1.0.21, 25, 26 - on every of them is the same error.

19:37:20.148 T:2572237632 NOTICE: Spotify --> Your platform (x86 System.Platform.Linux)
19:37:21.900 T:2572237632 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: cannot import name wsgiserver
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/panor/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/spotifyservice.py", line 3, in <module>
import resources.playbackservice as service
File "/home/panor/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/playbackservice.py", line 15, in <module>
from spotifyproxy.httpproxy import ProxyRunner
File "/home/panor/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/libs/spotifyproxy/httpproxy.py", line 15, in <module>
from cherrypy import wsgiserver
ImportError: cannot import name wsgiserver
-->End of Python script error report<--
19:37:28.187 T:2995578944 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/
19:37:28.187 T:2995578944 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/) failed

I've seen this error mentioned in this thread, but it doesnt seem like bad installation. I've cleared all plugin data multiple times, reinstalled it from different sources and still no luck. Spotify token is downloaded correctly and it's stored in plugin folder.
I've installed cherrypy and wsgiserver from python package manager.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
panor
(2017-03-19, 20:46)panor Wrote: Hi,

I'm trying to get this plugin working but currently with no luck.
Running Kodi 17 on Ubuntu 16.04.

Already tried to install through repository and directly, tried with versions 1.0.21, 25, 26 - on every of them is the same error.

19:37:20.148 T:2572237632 NOTICE: Spotify --> Your platform (x86 System.Platform.Linux)
19:37:21.900 T:2572237632 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: cannot import name wsgiserver
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/panor/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/spotifyservice.py", line 3, in <module>
import resources.playbackservice as service
File "/home/panor/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/playbackservice.py", line 15, in <module>
from spotifyproxy.httpproxy import ProxyRunner
File "/home/panor/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/libs/spotifyproxy/httpproxy.py", line 15, in <module>
from cherrypy import wsgiserver
ImportError: cannot import name wsgiserver
19:37:28.187 T:2995578944 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/
19:37:28.187 T:2995578944 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/) failed

I've seen this error mentioned in this thread, but it doesnt seem like bad installation. I've cleared all plugin data multiple times, reinstalled it from different sources and still no luck. Spotify token is downloaded correctly and it's stored in plugin folder.
I've installed cherrypy and wsgiserver from python package manager.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
panor

I've managed to run the plugin.
Maybe this will help someone.

First problem was with cherrypy version. I had cherrypy-10.2.1.
Forced older version: pip install cherrypy==6.1.1.
That solved the problem with cannot import name wsgiserver.

But then this happend:
if self.checkLoginDetails():
File "/home/panor/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/plugincontent.py", line 1074, in checkLoginDetails
self.token = util.prompt_for_user_token(username)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/spotipy/util.py", line 47, in prompt_for_user_token
raise spotipy.SpotifyException(550, -1, 'no credentials set')
SpotifyException: http status: 550, code:-1 - no credentials set
22:12:43.079 T:2995251264 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/
22:12:43.079 T:2995251264 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/) failed

That was strange, as I had browser installed in the system but it didn't want to start and download cache file.
To fix that I had to uninstall spotipy: pip uninstall spotipy

Now plugin works like a charm.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17