• 251(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2017-02-28, 23:20)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-02-28, 21:35)brazen1 Wrote: Yes, I'm sure.

A quick video demo?

I would be interested in this as well, as it sure doesn't work here. No HDR sample files kick TV into HDR mode. Unless it is only HDR UHD Blu-ray Discs which work? I don't have a drive to test.
(2017-02-28, 23:12)Comp1demon Wrote:

PowerDVD is on sale for $50 until Tomorrow.

I would love to see a youtube demo of a W10 PC using PowerDVD playing back UltraHD BLURAYS and HDR files and the HDR tax triggering a compatible TV.

link Huh

PowerDVD 16 is on sale not 17.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2017-03-01, 16:51)safcsat Wrote:
(2017-02-28, 23:20)movie78 Wrote:

A quick video demo?

I would be interested in this as well, as it sure doesn't work here. No HDR sample files kick TV into HDR mode. Unless it is only HDR UHD Blu-ray Discs which work? I don't have a drive to test.

PowerDVD 17 isn't out yet.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2017-02-28, 20:14)brazen1 Wrote: Fwiw, HDR is supported with PDVD v.17 and nVidia passing high bitrate audio without W10 creators edition due to release this spring.

silly question - if you buy v.16 now do you get to upgrade to v.17 when released ?
(2017-03-03, 00:09)dchabby Wrote:
(2017-02-28, 20:14)brazen1 Wrote: Fwiw, HDR is supported with PDVD v.17 and nVidia passing high bitrate audio without W10 creators edition due to release this spring.

silly question - if you buy v.16 now do you get to upgrade to v.17 when released ?

That will be a question for CyberLinkSmile
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2017-03-02, 00:45)timstephens24 Wrote:
(2017-03-01, 16:51)safcsat Wrote:
(2017-02-28, 23:20)movie78 Wrote: A quick video demo?

PowerDVD 17 isn't out yet.

It is. If you have a subscription you are covered it will activate.
(2017-03-03, 00:09)dchabby Wrote:

Depends what you buy. If you buy version 16 outright then no. If you subscribe to their annual deal then you do.
Can anyone tell me if the Zidoo X9S native player supports forced subtitles both with MKV and ISO?
Yes, but in my case, I have to preface that by saying I only have movie-only MKV's and ISO's. For MKV's, the subtitle is marked as 'forced'. I edit the header info via MKVMerge. For ISO's, I build the ISO via tsMuxeR with only the forced subtitle track (PGS) embedded (like with Na'vi parts in Avatar).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2017-03-09, 15:12)hdmkv Wrote: Yes, but in my case, I have to preface that by saying I only have movie-only MKV's and ISO's. For MKV's, the subtitle is marked as 'forced'. I edit the header info via MKVMerge. For ISO's, I build the ISO via tsMuxeR with only the forced subtitle track (PGS) embedded (like with Na'vi parts in Avatar).

Thanks for reply. Do your mkvs only contain forced subs? I keep English track plus forced subs track if applicable. They are marked as forced and work fine on kodi player but not external player. For my 3D ISO's I couldn't figure out how to embed only forced track in DVDFab. I'll check out tsMuxeR
Yes, only forced sub, no other subs in MKV's. Could be native/external doesn't support forced and is just displaying whatever the first/default sub is. Let me do a test later today and report back on both MKV's, and full ISO's... may need to update the a/v tests spreadsheet in post #1.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Hi all,
I use a Pi3 for 3D MVC and love it, but have read that windows builds are the best for PQ, depth etc.
I do have an old NUC 3217BY with hd graphics 4000 upstairs doing lots of other tasks but was thinking about bringing it down to the 3D projector to have a tinker. This would be quite an effort as it's currently hooked up to satellite tv etc, which is why I haven't done it so far!
Just interested whether any one has tried the afedchin build on this model. Is it powerful enough to cope with 3D MVC? If yes, is the PQ a step up from the Pi? In many ways if you say no, I won't be disappointed :-)

BTW, a few right eye first movies not on the list on the first page:
Epic, Oz - The Great and the Powerful and Prometheus.
(2017-03-10, 21:54)drdwridav Wrote: Hi all,
I use a Pi3 for 3D MVC and love it, but have read that windows builds are the best for PQ, depth etc.
I do have an old NUC 3217BY with hd graphics 4000 upstairs doing lots of other tasks but was thinking about bringing it down to the 3D projector to have a tinker. This would be quite an effort as it's currently hooked up to satellite tv etc, which is why I haven't done it so far!
Just interested whether any one has tried the afedchin build on this model. Is it powerful enough to cope with 3D MVC? If yes, is the PQ a step up from the Pi? In many ways if you say no, I won't be disappointed :-)

Can't compare it with a Pi3, never used one of those, but I can say what the Core i3-3217U with HD 4000 iGP can do, and it will do great when displaying MVC 3D (and more). Used it for years before switching to a Broadwell setup (just to loose the 24p bug, that was not really annoying, but hey Wink ), and recently I upgraded to Kaby Lake regarding supporting the latest video formats.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2017-03-10, 23:22)p750mmx Wrote:

Can't compare it with a Pi3, never used one of those, but I can say what the Core i3-3217U with HD 4000 iGP can do, and it will do great when displaying MVC 3D (and more). Used it for years before switching to a Broadwell setup (just to loose the 24p bug, that was not really annoying, but hey Wink ), and recently I upgraded to Kaby Lake regarding supporting the latest video formats.

Thanks
Much appreciated. May have to give it a try just to see the difference!!! 24p bug? Does it not handle 23.976 smoothly then?
(2017-03-11, 00:18)drdwridav Wrote:
(2017-03-10, 23:22)p750mmx Wrote:

Thanks
Much appreciated. May have to give it a try just to see the difference!!! 24p bug? Does it not handle 23.976 smoothly then?
It's not a biggie for most of the time, but it's just not perfect. If I didn't point it out, you maybe didn't noticing it at all. Just give it a go.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
  • 251(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17