• 81(current)
Beta Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)
(2017-03-11, 00:25)teedo42 Wrote: 1.The spotlight widget no longer rotates.
2. In the settings widget column, there is a battery low widget but my HTPC is desktop.
3. Not sure if this is Kodi or skin related. I have an alarm clock error but no alarms enabled.

1. Please test with next update, I might have fixed it. The whole widget rotating is a terrible piece of code.
2. Will be fixed in next update.
3. Is related to the widgets rotating code. It uses alarm clocks for the rotation intervals. Let me know if the message is gone after next update. If not, try to grab a screenshot and/or log message about the error.
(2017-03-11, 08:55)badkarmaboy Wrote: Thank you for your reply. I checked both profiles (master and secondary) and as you said, there was no font set. I have set it to "default" in both profiles, then restarted.
Sadly the issue persists, even when setting it to "Arial" and rebooting.
Strange, other users reported that it was the solution. Once you set the font, the labels will apear immediately. No need to restart.
Also, you should only have to set it once, after that all should be fine.

(2017-03-11, 08:55)badkarmaboy Wrote: For the meantime I use XBMC.ReloadSkin() in autoexec.py:
That really should not be needed. If the above solution doesn't work for you or the setting isn't saved, something else is wrong on your setup.
Calling ReloadSkin is a last resort option.

(2017-03-11, 08:55)badkarmaboy Wrote: By calling script.skinhelper.service I hoped for instant updating of the "Random [Movies | TV Shows] Backgound" (as the kid gets to see the adult movies / tv shows backgrounds after startup), but it looks like it's not working reliably. I have the feeling I need to restart the service or pass parameters to it, but I don't know how. Marcel, maybe you can help me?

Don't do that. Skin helper is a service which is loaded by Kodi in the background.
I will fix the wrong backgrounds loaded in the code for you by adding the profilename to the cache.
(2017-03-11, 13:46)PX80 Wrote: I get a Skin Helper Error when selecting Animated Artworks in the side-bar menu for poster view

This will be fixed in the next update
(2017-03-11, 19:41)Mario1979 Wrote: When i switch the moviecover the cd art comes after 2 sek. It is possible that they appear immediately?

In the left sideblade menu, do you have "animate discart" enabled ?
(2017-03-11, 21:28)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-11, 08:55)badkarmaboy Wrote: Thank you for your reply. I checked both profiles (master and secondary) and as you said, there was no font set. I have set it to "default" in both profiles, then restarted.
Sadly the issue persists, even when setting it to "Arial" and rebooting.
Strange, other users reported that it was the solution. Once you set the font, the labels will apear immediately. No need to restart.
Also, you should only have to set it once, after that all should be fine.

(2017-03-11, 08:55)badkarmaboy Wrote: For the meantime I use XBMC.ReloadSkin() in autoexec.py:
That really should not be needed. If the above solution doesn't work for you or the setting isn't saved, something else is wrong on your setup.
Calling ReloadSkin is a last resort option.

(2017-03-11, 08:55)badkarmaboy Wrote: By calling script.skinhelper.service I hoped for instant updating of the "Random [Movies | TV Shows] Backgound" (as the kid gets to see the adult movies / tv shows backgrounds after startup), but it looks like it's not working reliably. I have the feeling I need to restart the service or pass parameters to it, but I don't know how. Marcel, maybe you can help me?

Don't do that. Skin helper is a service which is loaded by Kodi in the background.
I will fix the wrong backgrounds loaded in the code for you by adding the profilename to the cache.

Great, thank you once again! I'll remove the manual Skin Helper call.
Which maintenence tool for handling cache does everyone recommend and how often should i set it to clear it?
1 thing I have noticed with Titan is that there seems to be quite a delay (up to 10secs) from when I click on say "Movies" till it shows up the "Movies" page with the DVD on it. During this time, it has the Titan background, just empty. However, this only occurs on the first time after starting Kodi. When I go back to the menu and click again, it is almost instantaneous.

Is there anything that I can do to make it quicker like disabling other themes etc.

Thanks again
Hey, just thought I should report a couple of small issues I've been having. This is using the 3.7.52 update. There seems to be a slight bug involving the "use submenu as widget" option. I'm using the vertical home menu, and this problem only appears to occur on the very first home menu item. When I use the submenu as a widget in the first widget position, it won't load at all. The label for the widget appears, but none of the submenu items load up. This also seems to happen when use the submenu as widget as the last widget in a series (like, if you are using 4 widgets and you use the submenu as the 4th widget). If you use the submenu as widget in the middle, it works just fine (like if you have 4 widgets and the submenu is the 3rd). Again, this issue only seems to affect the first home menu item.

I've also noticed that if I use the "multiple widgets, single row" layout and am using 5 or more widgets, when you scroll down to the 5th one, all of widgets will immediately scroll off screen and I have to scroll back up to get them to come back.

Finally, I've also noticed a problem if you choose to align your widgets to the right and are using the "square submenu" option. If you choose to turn off submenus in the homescreen layout options (so that the submenu doesn't pop up when you press the right key on a home menu item), but you have the option to "enable square submenu" turned on, most of the square submenu will render off screen. You can still select items from the square submenu, but only the first two items will be visible with the rest rendering off screen to the right. Using the left alignment works fine though.

And again, thanks for all your work!
I have observed the following:

Titan 3.7.52
FTV: Latest

Skin Setting>Change Action: When right arrow to Page-Down, focus moves to Page-Down appropriately however, automatically focus reverts from Page-Down to Item-Down after first iteration of down-arrow on keyboard on Mac and remote using Fire TV.

When in using Big List view, right cursor jumps to Page-Down as appropriate, but focus is then latched in Page-Down mode; cannot left cursor back to Item-Down mode. Escape or Backspace to exit.
Hello marcelveldt,

I just discovered Titan and I'm blown away by the flexibility and customization options. Amazing! What incredible work!

I'm using the latest beta for Krypton have a few issues/questions:

- I noticed that once I chose a color theme, I couldn't figure out how to revert to the default color theme. I ended up resetting the skin to get it back. In my case, I'd like there to be no background overlay texture or color diffuse because I like the fanart to be clear and unobscured. Once I started playing with color themes, I couldn't achieve this and couldn't figure out how to bring back the default theme that allowed for the non-diffused fanart.

- Is there a way to add Party Mode to the Music sub-menu?

- No matter what I do, I can't get Conditional Fanart to appear for Weather. Under General Skin Settings --> Select Weather Fanart, I have Weather Fanart - Multi. However, under Configure Shortcuts --> Edit Menu Shortcuts, I don't know what to set under Weather to get the Conditional Weather Fanart to appear on the main menu.

- Previously, I'd been alternating between Aeon MQ7 and Madnox, both excellent skins in their own right. One thing that they offer that Titan does not is support for the Artist Slideshow addon. In searching through the forum, I discovered that Titan doesn't support the add-on. I there any possibility that support could be added? It's a really cool feature to not only be able to see artist images for music from the library, but also from radio streams. Please reconsider adding Artist Slideshow as an option!

Thanks for putting together (and maintaining!) such a feature-laden skin!
(2017-01-27, 22:22)brazen1 Wrote: Hold down scroll left or right horizontal view browsing movie library. Titan crashes every time. Estuary no problem.
Local media. No navigation until all local hdd's are spun-up. After all drives are spinning, still crashes. Cache problem? Happening very long time now.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2510466

(2017-03-12, 01:43)dubbud Wrote: 1 thing I have noticed with Titan is that there seems to be quite a delay (up to 10secs) from when I click on say "Movies" till it shows up the "Movies" page with the DVD on it. During this time, it has the Titan background, just empty. However, this only occurs on the first time after starting Kodi. When I go back to the menu and click again, it is almost instantaneous.

Is there anything that I can do to make it quicker like disabling other themes etc.

Thanks again

It appears there is a serious cache problem although it's not being acknowledged. Not sure but I see symptoms posted like this one including my own. I'm guessing you have Kodi installed on your C: drive and your media is on another drive. If that is true this delay is caused because your media drive is spun down and you won't see any artwork or be able to access the content until it spins up. If the metadata was actually cached properly, this shouldn't be happening. You say it's instantaneous after restarting Kodi, returning to the menu, etc. I'd imagine that is because the drive is still spun up from when it was initially started.

We should be able to browse the library with the drive spun down. The drive should only spin up for actual playback to access the media. This is what the cache is for. To duplicate and store the artwork and other metadata within Kodi so the other drives containing the original metadata don't have to be accessed and slow down the experience (which is what is happening).

I have eight internal SATA data drives. I routinely have to wait a few minutes for the drives to spin up in sequence and 'populate' the library. The library is locked up until then. Drives do not spin up all at once. Waiting for them, one by one, is pretty frustrating at times. The common cure suggested has been to never spin down the drives. Imo, that is not a cure. Furthermore, when I hold down the scroll button (horizontal view and not sure about other views) Kodi crashes every time. I don't even use backgrounds like fanart or anything. I'm using a very minimal view, not even the widgets this skin is popular for. It's not like Kodi is being overloaded processing artwork or taxing the GPU to draw. I guess the real test is if this happens using other skins. I've only tried the default Estuary. This does NOT happen using it. I thought it might be a Kodi problem and not a skin problem. See the link included where it was originally reported.

The last test would be to see if it's my end or not and I'm actually hoping it is since a cache problem is rather severe to diagnose let alone repair if it's skin related. Asking other users could see if any of this is familiar to them or not. This is with local drives. I don't know how NAS feeds are handled? I don't wish to plague marcelveldt unnecessarily but if it is a common problem and not isolated.... bring it to his attention and perhaps look into it if he desires.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2017-03-11, 21:34)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-11, 13:46)PX80 Wrote: I get a Skin Helper Error when selecting Animated Artworks in the side-bar menu for poster view

This will be fixed in the next update

Well with .52 i dont recieve the error anylonger but it doesnt load any fanart, its ask me to point to the animated picutre which i dont have.

Trying to use the Artwork Downloader i get the error "NO valid library item selected"

I know there is a huge fanbase, does Titan Skin load any animated fanart? and if so, from which websites does it take it?
(2017-03-12, 00:48)stravic Wrote: Which maintenence tool for handling cache does everyone recommend and how often should i set it to clear it?

Maybe you should better ask that question on some general/android support forum as it has nothing to do with kodi or this skin ?
(2017-03-12, 01:43)dubbud Wrote: 1 thing I have noticed with Titan is that there seems to be quite a delay (up to 10secs) from when I click on say "Movies" till it shows up the "Movies" page with the DVD on it. During this time, it has the Titan background, just empty. However, this only occurs on the first time after starting Kodi. When I go back to the menu and click again, it is almost instantaneous.

That's because Titan has a lot of views you can choose from. While this makes the skin very versatile it also slows the skin down on slower devices.
At first load of a section (movies, tvshows, music etc.) Kodi will load all the related skin files. So for the movies section it will load all available views as xml files into memory. That takes processing power. On a very powerfull machine you won't even notice that but on slower devices this can take several seconds.

A very good way of solving this is disabling all the views you never use. Especially the more heavy ones like power row and showcase.
You can disable views in the skin settings --> forced views --> all the way at the top,
(2017-03-13, 00:17)marcelveldt Wrote:

That's because Titan has a lot of views you can choose from. While this makes the skin very versatile it also slows the skin down on slower devices.
At first load of a section (movies, tvshows, music etc.) Kodi will load all the related skin files. So for the movies section it will load all available views as xml files into memory. That takes processing power. On a very powerfull machine you won't even notice that but on slower devices this can take several seconds.

A very good way of solving this is disabling all the views you never use. Especially the more heavy ones like power row and showcase.
You can disable views in the skin settings --> forced views --> all the way at the top,

I thought this was a very good suggestion. I didn't even know the setting existed. I just tried unchecking every view except horizontal, the only one I use. I went to browse the library. It won't budge until the drive(s) spin -up. I can hear the drive spinning up while it's stalled. Once the drive has spun-up, I can navigate..... until I come upon a title that resides on another drive that has not spun up yet. Once it too spins up, I can resume navigating until I come upon yet another drive containing that metadata and have to wait again. Attempting to navigate by holding down the scroll results in a crash every time. Again, I don't know if it's just my system or if this is prevalent for everyone.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)6