• 11(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
There should be a new update in the repo with many fixes, and some tweaks for existing features. Please test out the new handling in the PVR and Music OSD sections, so as to see if there are any fixes needed.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-03-11, 17:45)jdig4240 Wrote: Ok, Alanon, I figured out whats causing this conflict (Extended Info), can you please check your PM. Thanks

You have a PM. Wink

(2017-03-11, 21:13)DaveJr Wrote: Quick question. The movie wallpaper rotates every 5 seconds and coincide with the scrolling posters on the widget. The tv shows(new episodes) doesn't follow same behaviour. Both are set to 'playlistBackground'.

This seems strange. One thing that might influence the rotation time is the amount of backgrounds that are designated within a playlist. Another might be that the widget simply took some time to load, and that created a discrepancy, if the backgrounds loaded first...

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
It's using the default background of <insert popular addon here> for new episodes. New movies is going through same addon, but rotates backgrounds as the widget scrolls. (trying to be discrete and not mention any specific addons)

EDIT: I'll try with another section of tv shows and see if still does that. Probably no fanart, so it reverts to the default.
Ah HA! Tried a different category -Most Popular- and backgrounds rotate with widget scroll. Cool skin by the way. Smile
If no fanart is present/available, this view uses the folder.jpg/thumb,
but it uses the middle of the pic and cuts off heads alot of the time.

Another thing:
Would it be possible to include a media info viewtype in music?
Because there is no viewtype where one can see album artwork and description.
(2017-03-12, 00:43)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: If no fanart is present/available, this view uses the folder.jpg/thumb,
but it uses the middle of the pic and cuts off heads alot of the time.

Another thing:
Would it be possible to include a media info viewtype in music?
Because there is no viewtype where one can see album artwork and description.

Kodi offers us only three options for handling images, and that's to stretch, keep, and scale, based on the image aspect ratio and the defined image dimensions. For most view-types I've opted for scale, since stretching never really works out for anything above 50 pixels or so, and keep can often leave uncomfortable margins, similar to this case, if it would have been the setting of choice. In many cases, a proper, fully-working behaviour would require coding in a new view. Like in this one, since there isn't any sort of auto-wrap function for the frames around the images, I'd be forced to add a separate layout for square images, lengthen the list accordingly - but that's practically the layout of another view already within the skin. Sadly, the scale option always scales from the center, which cuts off heads...

Most of these extra views I've adapted for use in music and videos, I was content to have basically working. This interim condition, I'd hoped, would foster the community response which would distill things that needed improvement. All that, over time, would bring polish to the rough-and-tumble condition of many areas of the skin. As far as adding-in the info-based views, I'll certainly try it out, it should be a matter of simply adjusting some variables and includes. As always, I remain open for all suggestions.

BTW, is the OSD toggle on i working properly in the new version? In my (very short) testing it seemed a bit dodgy?

Is there a limit on hubs? Anything over 15 and the hub items menu option disappears.
(2017-03-12, 11:52)DoSe420 Wrote: Is there a limit on hubs? Anything over 15 and the hub items menu option disappears.
Precisely, 15 hubs is the limit.

(2017-03-12, 12:22)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-12, 11:52)DoSe420 Wrote: Is there a limit on hubs? Anything over 15 and the hub items menu option disappears.
Precisely, 15 hubs is the limit.

Can it be increased? Im a newb so i dont pretend to know but, Custom Skin Windows 1100–1199. So should be able to have more?
(2017-03-12, 12:45)DoSe420 Wrote: Can it be increased? Im a newb so i dont pretend to know but, Custom Skin Windows 1100–1199. So should be able to have more?

Well, it's not quite that simple, since the support needs to be added on the script.skinshortcuts end as well, but yes, I should be able to increase it.

But what would you need that many hubs for? Each hub has separate widgets and separate shortcut menus. Having that many hubs writing in one file and using the skin shortcuts script will put a load on the skin and the script, as well as the device. The more hubs and the more separate menus and widgets inside them, the greater the risk of problems, slowdowns. It needn't be evident, and it needn't manifest itself immediately, but provokes unpredictable behaviour.

The limit was originally something around five, but was increased to fifteen, I can in theory increase it to a hundred, but I'm not sure at what point it becomes superfluous.

OSD toggle seems fine as far as i've tested it.. it just seems "slow" sometimes, meaning that at first start of a track, there is nothing visible but a little code ([color =...), but then it pops up normally.
(2017-03-12, 15:33)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-12, 12:45)DoSe420 Wrote: Can it be increased? Im a newb so i dont pretend to know but, Custom Skin Windows 1100–1199. So should be able to have more?

Well, it's not quite that simple, since the support needs to be added on the script.skinshortcuts end as well, but yes, I should be able to increase it.

But what would you need that many hubs for? Each hub has separate widgets and separate shortcut menus. Having that many hubs writing in one file and using the skin shortcuts script will put a load on the skin and the script, as well as the device. The more hubs and the more separate menus and widgets inside them, the greater the risk of problems, slowdowns. It needn't be evident, and it needn't manifest itself immediately, but provokes unpredictable behaviour.

The limit was originally something around five, but was increased to fifteen, I can in theory increase it to a hundred, but I'm not sure at what point it becomes superfluous.

Its not that important, was just experimenting with things.
Yesterday I had the update in 2.3, no worries, well played!

On the other hand I have some questions:

Is it possible to allow the "gradient" file to be deactivated in the settings? This filter darkens the images in the menu, it's pretty ugly! I manually disable it in the XML file

Second question: I do not understand at all how the option allows to modify the time of different wallpaper displays. It is still frozen.

I use different wallpaper by playlist (series, movies),

like that

and I have to go manually change the duration. It's odd.

Otherwise super work, thank you !!!
(2017-03-13, 11:59)Kelexel Wrote: Yesterday I had the update in 2.3, no worries, well played!

On the other hand I have some questions:

Is it possible to allow the "gradient" file to be deactivated in the settings? This filter darkens the images in the menu, it's pretty ugly! I manually disable it in the XML file

Second question: I do not understand at all how the option allows to modify the time of different wallpaper displays. It is still frozen.

I use different wallpaper by playlist (series, movies),

and I have to go manually change the duration. It's odd.

Otherwise super work, thank you !!!

Glad you like it! Big Grin

I tried adding that setting earlier, but it causes many problems with various menus and buttons, until I find a better way, it can't be switched off. Confused

As for the background rotation, by clicking on the button, you should see displayed the new values, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 5 minutes... and the rotation will change based on that value. You just need to keep clicking the button until you reach the desired value. The playlistBackgrounds are handled by an add-on, and it collects the backgrounds from many different places. That's why not all the preset playlist backgrounds work with the setting.

The setting always works with extrafanart rotation and custom folder backgrounds, I use them myself. So if you make a folder, called FIlms, and place 50 images inside, and use it as the background for your movies shortcut, it will always rotate according to the setting. You just need to toggle the button to the value you want.

I see that you are using the French language strings. Don't. They have not been updated for months, and might cause problems with identifying the new settings and values properly. I left the language file inside in case someone wanted to update it.

Could Movies HUB works with customs playlist ?
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21