• 224(current)
Release skin helper service
Hi marcelveldt,

I know I mentioned this before but Im still having issues with all my widget dates showing 1969. if I install skin helper 1.0.100 the widget dates are correct.

Current skin helper

skin helper 1.0.100
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
I have a question regarding animated artwork. If I enable the animated artwork with the Skin.SetBool(SkinHelper.EnableAnimatedPosters) and if I have a condition to show animated posters it will show all the posters there are on the databae. is there a way to just show animated artwork when the user downloads it, instead of download all automatically?

(2017-03-11, 02:08)Edworld Wrote:
(2017-03-11, 01:53)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-03, 02:50)Edworld Wrote: Not sure if this is something you can fix in the script, eliminate decimal points on box office dollars.
Not in the picture below, but can you add a decimal point to tvdb? It displays 9 instead of 9.0

TVDB or TMDB ?

TVDB

You can make a variable like this. It's what i'm using. If someday marcelveldt adds the decimal point, it still works
PHP Code:
<variable name="tvdbRate">
        <
value condition="!String.Contains(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Rating.TVDB),.)">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Rating.TVDB)].0</value>
        <
value>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Rating.TVDB)]</value>
    </
variable
(2017-03-11, 18:11)OptimusGREEN Wrote:
(2017-03-11, 17:59)marcelveldt Wrote: If you use the latest version of the script this issue shouldn't occur.
It is built to never block kodi to quit. If this issue occurs on your machine, there must be something going on.
My best guess here is that your skin is trying to re-load the widgets while Kodi is already exiting, causing kodi to wait untill the widgets are loaded.
If the widgets are properly implemented they should only refresh if needed (and not at kodi shutdown).

Try re-adding your widgets to your skin one by one untill you narrow down the widget causing issues.

Ok thanks for the tip. I'll do that and let you know how I get on.

So i got it sorted. I had to delete my favourites file. I've added back all my favourites manually and its closing in seconds.
My favourites widget also seems to be loading quicker too which is great.

Any idea why favourites saved previously would've been causing this issue?
(2017-03-12, 23:24)OptimusGREEN Wrote:
(2017-03-11, 18:11)OptimusGREEN Wrote:
(2017-03-11, 17:59)marcelveldt Wrote: If you use the latest version of the script this issue shouldn't occur.
It is built to never block kodi to quit. If this issue occurs on your machine, there must be something going on.
My best guess here is that your skin is trying to re-load the widgets while Kodi is already exiting, causing kodi to wait untill the widgets are loaded.
If the widgets are properly implemented they should only refresh if needed (and not at kodi shutdown).

Try re-adding your widgets to your skin one by one untill you narrow down the widget causing issues.

Ok thanks for the tip. I'll do that and let you know how I get on.

So i got it sorted. I had to delete my favourites file. I've added back all my favourites manually and its closing in seconds.

Maybe your xml had some kind on semantic error? Did you edit it manually?
Image Image
(2017-03-12, 00:37)Edworld Wrote: Today, I am missing rotten tomatoes data on almost all my movies, however I am getting metacritic and TMDB

It looks like the API (omdbapi) is no longer providing that info, maybe because of the recent issues with his server.
I assume it will be back soon. If not, I'll have to start looking for an alternative
(2017-03-12, 01:42)Angelinas Wrote: This isnt Script error
omdb api have all info for rottentomatoes N/A, maybe is just service for rottentomatoes down for api.
Wait, dont remove code for this...maybe they will back.

Yep, indeed. Looks like OMDBAPI is no longer providing the Rotten Tomatoes details but that might also be a last hickup after the server issues he was having. Let's wait a few days how it evolves.
(2017-03-12, 03:41)Gracus Wrote: If 1.0.15 should be the latest release so why kodi tells me I got 1.1.10?

Because I was talking about the Skin Helper backup addon
(2017-03-12, 13:04)Blurayx Wrote: I know I mentioned this before but Im still having issues with all my widget dates showing 1969. if I install skin helper 1.0.100 the widget dates are correct.

Yeah, I know I'm still working on it. I will fix it asap.
(2017-03-12, 15:44)KODser Wrote: I have a question regarding animated artwork. If I enable the animated artwork with the Skin.SetBool(SkinHelper.EnableAnimatedPosters) and if I have a condition to show animated posters it will show all the posters there are on the databae. is there a way to just show animated artwork when the user downloads it, instead of download all automatically?

It will only download it if you select one from the list. But yes, by default it will download the first item from the list.
(2017-03-12, 23:24)OptimusGREEN Wrote: So i got it sorted. I had to delete my favourites file. I've added back all my favourites manually and its closing in seconds.

Well, in fact the favourites widget had an issue (bug) which I solved yesterday.
In some occasions if a python script end up in an error (exception), that can in fact prevent Kodi from shutdown properly.
So, maybe the issue was somewhere in one of your favourites or it was caused by the bug I fixed in the favourites widget
(2017-03-13, 00:02)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-12, 01:42)Angelinas Wrote: This isnt Script error
omdb api have all info for rottentomatoes N/A, maybe is just service for rottentomatoes down for api.
Wait, dont remove code for this...maybe they will back.

Yep, indeed. Looks like OMDBAPI is no longer providing the Rotten Tomatoes details but that might also be a last hickup after the server issues he was having. Let's wait a few days how it evolves.

Not sure if you checked the cost of a rottentomatoes API, but read 60K USD Sad
(2017-03-12, 23:48)redglory Wrote:
(2017-03-12, 23:24)OptimusGREEN Wrote:
(2017-03-11, 18:11)OptimusGREEN Wrote: Ok thanks for the tip. I'll do that and let you know how I get on.

Maybe your xml had some kind on semantic error? Did you edit it manually?

No, just used add to faves.

Sent from my iPad
(2017-03-13, 00:04)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-12, 13:04)Blurayx Wrote: I know I mentioned this before but Im still having issues with all my widget dates showing 1969. if I install skin helper 1.0.100 the widget dates are correct.

Yeah, I know I'm still working on it. I will fix it asap.

Sorry marcelveldt,

I didn't know you were addressing the bug. I must of missed that reply Smile
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
(2017-03-12, 05:34)wags1 Wrote:
(2017-03-12, 00:20)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-11, 23:45)wags1 Wrote: I looked and it had just updated to 1.0.14 prior to me running the test and sending you the link to the debug log. I can run again if you need but won't be till later.

Sorry, my bad. New version 1.0.15 is now uploading to the repo

No worries. Will test as soon as I get the new version.
1.0.14 is still the latest version showing in the Brasil repo as of this morning.
(2017-03-13, 02:40)Edworld Wrote: Not sure if you checked the cost of a rottentomatoes API, but read 60K USD Sad

Yes, I know. They emailed me that when I asked if we could have the reviews...
Anyway, no need to worry, the RT ratings will be back on OMDB, he's just restructuring it all a little
  • 224(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18