Win Kodi audio settings, where stored? Losing audio selection on restart
For some reason, every time i relaunch Kodi.. my sound card selection gets lost and i have no sound.. it should be defaulting to WASPI and my receiver name.. instead on each load, it defaults to DIRECTSound..

Does anyone know where this setting is stored.. i thought in roaming \ kodi \ userdata, but i'm not seeing it anywhere?

I'm thinking ill just force a default setting file if that keeps the sound choice on open (batch file).. not my favorite choice but it would work..

Unless anyone knows of a permanent fix here?

Thanks in advance
Turn on your receiver 'first' or prior to Kodi launch and waspi will be maintained, otherwise the default of DIRECTSound will be the default.
(2017-03-13, 19:39)PatK Wrote: Turn on your receiver 'first' or prior to Kodi launch and waspi will be maintained, otherwise the default of DIRECTSound will be the default.

The way i have things configured i dont think that will work, i can try to play with harmony sequences though.

How about a setting file location.. i'm sure if i could track that down i could force a "default" one each time.
http://kodi.wiki/view/windows_audio (wiki) You might be better off setting up for shared Directsound all round Audio quickstart guide (wiki) The settings are kept in guisettings.xml in the userdata folder, you would need to save this file when configured, then inject it after your receiver is online.
(2017-03-13, 20:44)PatK Wrote: http://kodi.wiki/view/windows_audio (wiki) You might be better off setting up for shared Directsound all round Audio quickstart guide (wiki) The settings are kept in guisettings.xml in the userdata folder, you would need to save this file when configured, then inject it after your receiver is online.

Thats strange.. the guisettings.xml file i have in kodi\userdata is dated 9/24/2016.. though i do see the entries in there.. I would have expected a date of at least 3/13/2017.

I can look into directsound, but i have issues with it, along with multi channel/bitstream audio not being right.. maybe the guide fixes the issues, including DTS-HD/master audio which it says waspi is best.
You can add entries from guisettings.xml to yhe advancedsettings.xml to lock them, this could work for always forcing the same audio device settings, see http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.x...l_settings
(2017-03-13, 21:59)jjd-uk Wrote: You can add entries from guisettings.xml to yhe advancedsettings.xml to lock them, this could work for always forcing the same audio device settings, see http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.x...l_settings

Thanks for that tip.. thats perfect.
Note that I'm not sure if this will help for your specific need, as I'm not sure what will happen if the audio device isn't active when Kodi starts, so there's a risk that there maybe no audio until Kodi is restarted with AVR on, let us know how you get on.
If the advancedsettings don't work another option would be to set up a profile in audio profiles to load the audio settings you want. Then either link that profile to a remote key (you could set your Harmony to trigger that after turning on the amp or do it manually), use a script to launch it or come up with some other trigger.
I had similar issue. After upgrading my 3 years old graphic driver my HDMI output was gone. Restart helped but only for one KODI launch. I put back an old driver and now PC Speakers are active when HDMI is not active. When I turn on my AVR, the HDMI (WASAPI) is automatically selected when I launch KODI.
(2017-03-13, 23:08)trogggy Wrote: If the advancedsettings don't work another option would be to set up a profile in audio profiles to load the audio settings you want. Then either link that profile to a remote key (you could set your Harmony to trigger that after turning on the amp or do it manually), use a script to launch it or come up with some other trigger.

So far so good in my case
If stays working could you let us know and I'll add it to the wiki for future reference.
Something has gone wrong after a day or so and reopening kodi..

Now it seems to have lost the setting.. though i cant tell for sure.. when i goto audio settings inside of kodi.. nothing shows up, i guess because i have it "forced".. it just says something about defaults on the audio settings page.

I know its not working because bitstreaming stopped working again.

When i goto the roaming\kodi\userdata folder.. it seems that guisettings.xml reverted back to 9/24/2016 rather than the newer date of 3/16 when i switched it.

Something seems to be overwriting this?

edit: correction.. advancedsettings.xml still shows 3/16 and the change i made.. realizing i typed that backwards.. gui goes into advanced..

So it seems the code is still in there, at least in advancedsettings..
But.. if i goto profiles and choose my "admin" one.. if i view guisettings.xml in here, i see a different selection for the audio..

Do i need to remove/add files in the profile as well?
By profiles, do you mean Kodi profiles? or Windows user accounts?

If Kodi profiles then yes if not set up as shared profiles, then there would be a guisettings.xml for each and I would assume there needs to be a advancesettings.xml for each too.
(2017-03-20, 18:41)jjd-uk Wrote: By profiles, do you mean Kodi profiles? or Windows user accounts?

If Kodi profiles then yes if not set up as shared profiles, then there would be a guisettings.xml for each and I would assume there needs to be a advancesettings.xml for each too.

I was referring to kodi profiles.

If i put advancedsettings in there i wasnt getting sound.. however, i realize now that the waspi setting that was in the general advancedsettings wasnt correct.. i just corrected that one.. will try this again for a few days and see if it stays put.. if it doesnt ill copy that file into the profile folder as well and see if that helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi audio settings, where stored? Losing audio selection on restart1