• 79(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
I had same RPI2 temperature not displaying correctly issue as @amediauser & can confirm this is fixed on #0313
(2017-03-13, 23:52)Aux_ Wrote: I come from the work, tv switched on and kodi two times crashed befor the console was loaded properly

http://pastebin.com/jA2ZpwCS
http://pastebin.com/k670FFaW

The crashes don't appear to be the same - first is crashing in GUI code, the second during a PVR database call - so it's not obvious why it is crashing all of a sudden. However it does appear to be just as the EPG is loaded.

Since you're using a PVR, this is a bit worrying:
Code:
22:38:07.516 T:1961409632   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window pvr

What version/build where you using before #0312 (you said #0212, but that's a typo). There's not much that has changed in #0312 (
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-03-14, 00:22)beertank Wrote: I had same RPI2 temperature not displaying correctly issue as @amediauser & can confirm this is fixed on #0313

Many thanks!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-03-14, 00:19)dantist Wrote: Sure, here it is: http://sprunge.us/CMiC

rm -fr /storage/.kodi/addons/inputstream.mpd
(2017-03-13, 19:53)J_E_F_F Wrote: Updated from 0301 to 0312 and the lightning bolt icon appeared, solid lightning bolt from initial boot time, at idle, playing a video whenever, solid lightning bolt..
I have a 2.5 amp power supply and tried a second one just to be sure.

You can see 2 other users and I talking about this issue from post 1114 here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298461&page=75
Their issues started with build 0302, mine started earlier but either build 0301 or bumping the CPU voltage temporarily fixed my issue, which has now returned in subsequent builds.

Rolled back to 0301 and no lightning bolt.

Tried a few others ( I still find the nightly build host extremely slow, taking between 5 and 8 min to download 150mb, so what should be a quick process was not)

0312 Lightning bolt (tested again x2)
0310 Lightning bolt
0305 Lightning bolt
0303 Lightning bolt
0302 Lightning bolt (debug log) http://sprunge.us/QYFW
0301 No Lightning bolt (tested x3 (debug log)) http://sprunge.us/JNhi

Like I said, I did see this on and off prior to 0301, but that is a build that works every time and from 0302 forward, I see the lightning bolt, so that is hopefully a good starting point with the debug logs posted above.

Oddly the lightning bolt when displayed is from the instant of the reboot, well before Kodi is actually loaded.

So far, no lightning bolt with 0313, perhaps this was a firmware issue that was resolved.
Thank you, the temperature display and bcmstat.sh are fixed in build #0313.

@Milhouse do you have any thoughts on the total_mem option, or is this one for @popcornmix?

The last reference was #0115
Quote:Build Highlights:
New firmware (default to using total_mem=1023)
But since the firmware update in build #0227 this hasn't worked correctly.

With Build #0226 I was getting Memory: 1023MB (split 703MB ARM, 320MB GPU)

With build #0313

config.txt (#total_mem=1023, gpu_mem_1024=320), I get Memory: 1008MB (split 688MB ARM, 320MB GPU)

vs

config.txt (total_mem=1023, gpu_mem_1024=320), I get Memory: 1008MB (split 752MB ARM, 256MB GPU)

The total memory never goes above 1008MB, but the GPU memory is still affected by the precence or not, of the line in config.txt.
(2017-03-14, 00:31)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-03-13, 23:52)Aux_ Wrote: I come from the work, tv switched on and kodi two times crashed befor the console was loaded properly

http://pastebin.com/jA2ZpwCS
http://pastebin.com/k670FFaW

The crashes don't appear to be the same - first is crashing in GUI code, the second during a PVR database call - so it's not obvious why it is crashing all of a sudden. However it does appear to be just as the EPG is loaded.

Since you're using a PVR, this is a bit worrying:
Code:
22:38:07.516 T:1961409632   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window pvr

What version/build where you using before #0312 (you said #0212, but that's a typo). There's not much that has changed in #0312 (

Sorry @Milhouse I mean #0312 not #0212, my mistake
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
(2017-03-14, 00:59)amediauser Wrote: @Milhouse do you have any thoughts on the total_mem option, or is this one for @popcornmix?

Thanks, yes one for popcornmix.

We switched back to the master firmware branch with build #0301 and the extra 15MB (1023MB) fix is not yet in the master branch, so that would explain it not being there for now.

However, I'm able to confirm your observation that the extra 15MB memory is not there starting with #0227, and since this build is based on the next branch it looks like something went wrong with that firmware update.

I believe popcornmix wants to push through another couple of fixes on master before picking the extra memory fix to master (once whatever is wrong with the next branch is resolved, I guess).
(2017-03-14, 01:45)Aux_ Wrote: Sorry @Milhouse I mean #0312 not #0212, my mistake

What build were you using before #0312 - there's nothing immediately obvious in #0312 which might explain such crashes.
(2017-03-14, 01:52)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 01:45)Aux_ Wrote: Sorry @Milhouse I mean #0312 not #0212, my mistake

What build were you using before #0312 - there's nothing immediately obvious in #0312 which might explain such crashes.

I used the # 311 before # 312. This happens from time to time in other builds also. I've observed that when the TV channels are read (upper right corner) a crash occurs,
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
(2017-03-14, 00:41)J_E_F_F Wrote: So far, no lightning bolt with 0313, perhaps this was a firmware issue that was resolved.

Not explicitly but there was a change to the gpio expander which is used by the under-voltage detection, but nothing that looks like it would fix your issue.
It may be something a little random that comes and goes with builds.

Can you confirm if the symbol ever disappears and reappears?
Or is it just spuriously on at boot and either stays on permanently or disappears, never to return?

It does sound like spurious reporting of under-voltage rather than an actual under-voltage condition.
Also if you see the symbol again, can you report output of "vcgencmd get_throttled"
(2017-03-13, 19:53)J_E_F_F Wrote: Updated from 0301 to 0312 and the lightning bolt icon appeared, solid lightning bolt from initial boot time, at idle, playing a video whenever, solid lightning bolt..

Can you just confirm you don't have any custom config to disable the power LED?
(2017-03-14, 10:47)Aux_ Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 01:52)Milhouse Wrote:

I used the # 311 before # 312. This happens from time to time in other builds also. I've observed that when the TV channels are read (upper right corner) a crash occurs,

Unfortunately occasional EPG related crashes at startup seem to be an ongoing issue - more fixes are likely to emerge so please continue reporting issues from time to time.
(2017-03-14, 13:56)popcornmix Wrote: It does sound like spurious reporting of under-voltage rather than an actual under-voltage condition.
Also if you see the symbol again, can you report output of "vcgencmd get_throttled"

I've only seen the lightning bold once or twice on a RPi3 with genuine white RPi Foundation power supply. The only times I've seen it is during the first second or two of booting - once it disappears it never appears again. I've only started seeing it in the last week-two weeks, never before with this PSU. It's hard to reproduce so I can't say at the moment if it's fixed or not.

If I see it again I'll run vcgencmd.
(2017-03-14, 13:56)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 00:41)J_E_F_F Wrote: So far, no lightning bolt with 0313, perhaps this was a firmware issue that was resolved.

Not explicitly but there was a change to the gpio expander which is used by the under-voltage detection, but nothing that looks like it would fix your issue.
It may be something a little random that comes and goes with builds.

Can you confirm if the symbol ever disappears and reappears?
Or is it just spuriously on at boot and either stays on permanently or disappears, never to return?

It does sound like spurious reporting of under-voltage rather than an actual under-voltage condition.

It stays on permanently

(2017-03-14, 14:19)popcornmix Wrote:

Can you just confirm you don't have any custom config to disable the power LED?
I do:
Code:
# cat /storage/.config/autostart.sh
(echo none > /sys/class/leds/led1/trigger)&
(echo none > /sys/class/leds/led0/trigger)&
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24