• 83(current)
Beta Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)
(2017-03-13, 07:09)teedo42 Wrote: All issues are the same after update.

Also, I am unable to change to animated fanart in media library. The animated posters work fine but fanart wont change. I use panel details.

Hmmm, I will look again at the rotating widgets within a few days, it's really a terrible feature I wish I had never introduced in the skin ;-)
As for animated fanart. You do know that you have to enable that seperately in the skin settings ? I created a seperate toggle for it as most users prefer the posters but do not like the animated fanart.
(2017-03-13, 14:11)HumanGoing Wrote: You were right, after I reset my shorcuts and manually redid them, the problem disappeared. However, when I tried resetting my shortcuts and restoring the backup, the problem reappeared. But I'm pretty sure you are right and the issue was on my end.

If you don't want to loose your previous shortcuts set-up you may send me the skinbackup so I can try to figure out the issue and solve it manually for you.

(2017-03-13, 14:11)HumanGoing Wrote: I figured it had something to do with that. That was actually intentional on my part. I had wanted to use the square submenu on some home menu items, but I wanted both submenu pop up and square submenu disabled for one of them. That was my attempt at a solution.

In that case you simply delete the items on the submenu and the submenu will be gone ;-)

(2017-03-13, 14:11)HumanGoing Wrote: I had one more question, when you are using the square submenu option, it partially shifts up when you scroll down a widget and becomes partially obscured. Is it at all possible to have the square submenus stay stationary when you scroll down a widget?

No, that's not possible because the square submenu is in the same panel/container as the widgets. This is done to have the maximum available space for the widgets. In case of the vertical submenu this takes a little space so the widgets do not fit in full. You might want to consider changing to a different (less high) widget layout.
(2017-03-13, 21:44)eengert Wrote: I don't think that's true. I have many file locations setup in the file manager, but none of them show up as options in the backup settings. It only lets me choose folders within the Kodi app folder - I can't back out any farther than that on the Apple TV.

Is there anything else to be done, or is this a limitation of tvOS that will make it impossible to do skin backups on an ATV?

Yes it is true. Did you press the back button long enough ? I fyou keep hitting the back button you will eventually end up on the listing showing all locations. It's a bit confusing, I know.
(2017-03-14, 00:41)marcelveldt Wrote: If you don't want to loose your previous shortcuts set-up you may send me the skinbackup so I can try to figure out the issue and solve it manually for you.

Thanks for the offer, but I've already set everything back up the way I like it again!

(2017-03-14, 00:41)marcelveldt Wrote: In that case you simply delete the items on the submenu and the submenu will be gone ;-)

Except I wanted to use the submenu as a widget on that home menu item instead of as a pop out or a square submenu. Really, I'm just being difficult. It's not actually an issue.

(2017-03-14, 00:41)marcelveldt Wrote: No, that's not possible because the square submenu is in the same panel/container as the widgets. This is done to have the maximum available space for the widgets. In case of the vertical submenu this takes a little space so the widgets do not fit in full. You might want to consider changing to a different (less high) widget layout.

Fair enough, thanks for the replies!
(2017-03-14, 00:18)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-13, 00:46)brazen1 Wrote: I thought this was a very good suggestion. I didn't even know the setting existed. I just tried unchecking every view except horizontal, the only one I use. I went to browse the library. It won't budge until the drive(s) spin -up. I can hear the drive spinning up while it's stalled. Once the drive has spun-up, I can navigate..... until I come upon a title that resides on another drive that has not spun up yet. Once it too spins up, I can resume navigating until I come upon yet another drive containing that metadata and have to wait again. Attempting to navigate by holding down the scroll results in a crash every time. Again, I don't know if it's just my system or if this is prevalent for everyone.

I'm not 100% sure how it works exactly but my best guess is that it's trying to grab something from the disk.
Most definitely it will be the artwork but it shouldn't do that because that is cached locally.
Something is off either in the skin code or in your specific setup and I'd like to work with you to sort it out.
Are you available for some debugging ? In that case I will send you some special test versions of the skin and some actions to perform in order to sort out where the issue is.

While the artwork is "cached" as thumbnails, there are two 'reference' pathways to those thumbnails.

Case one is when the metadata reference is actually available in the Kodi databases. In this case, the skin can look up the metadata directly from the database and obtain the 'cached' path to the thumbnail. In this case no reference to the actual backing file system is required.

Case two is when the metadata reference is not available in the Kodi video/music database (e.g. extrafanart, posters, banners). In this case, while Kodi still *reads* the files from the thumbnail 'cache', it can't get the reference from the video/music database directly. It seems to do a query on the filesystem to get 'path information' and then using the filename it then looks up the thumbnail location in the texture database. So the reference info is still obtained from the filesystem. (You can see this if you watch Kodi with a tool like the sysinternals 'procmon' -- this only works for windows, of course). It's the query on the file that causes the 'blocking' system call while your disks spin up.

I'm not sure you can avoid all occurrence of case two 'lookups' unless you were to actually make extensions to the Kodi video/music database.

My solution for Kodi and every other media centre I've used (MCE, Plex, Emby, etc.) is to run disks 'always on'. Since my media is stored in a RAID/ZFS/Storage Spaces type system, the 'always on' option with disks that are designed to be 'always on' (e.g. WD RED) is a natural one for me. The thumbnail solution still helps with performance as the media can be loaded from an SSD instead of slower drives (local or network).

my 2 cents.
Oh, and I'm using 3.7.53 now, and the issue of widgets (when you have 5 or more in the multiple widgets, single row view) scrolling off screen in the vertical view is still present. Thanks!
(2017-03-14, 02:25)oattes Wrote:
(2017-03-13, 00:46)brazen1 Wrote: I thought this was a very good suggestion. I didn't even know the setting existed. I just tried unchecking every view except horizontal, the only one I use. I went to browse the library. It won't budge until the drive(s) spin -up. I can hear the drive spinning up while it's stalled. Once the drive has spun-up, I can navigate..... until I come upon a title that resides on another drive that has not spun up yet. Once it too spins up, I can resume navigating until I come upon yet another drive containing that metadata and have to wait again. Attempting to navigate by holding down the scroll results in a crash every time. Again, I don't know if it's just my system or if this is prevalent for everyone.

I'm not 100% sure how it works exactly but my best guess is that it's trying to grab something from the disk.
Most definitely it will be the artwork but it shouldn't do that because that is cached locally.
Something is off either in the skin code or in your specific setup and I'd like to work with you to sort it out.
Are you available for some debugging ? In that case I will send you some special test versions of the skin and some actions to perform in order to sort out where the issue is.

While the artwork is "cached" as thumbnails, there are two 'reference' pathways to those thumbnails.

Case one is when the metadata reference is actually available in the Kodi databases. In this case, the skin can look up the metadata directly from the database and obtain the 'cached' path to the thumbnail. In this case no reference to the actual backing file system is required.

Case two is when the metadata reference is not available in the Kodi video/music database (e.g. extrafanart, posters, banners). In this case, while Kodi still *reads* the files from the thumbnail 'cache', it can't get the reference from the video/music database directly. It seems to do a query on the filesystem to get 'path information' and then using the filename it then looks up the thumbnail location in the texture database. So the reference info is still obtained from the filesystem. (You can see this if you watch Kodi with a tool like the sysinternals 'procmon' -- this only works for windows, of course). It's the query on the file that causes the 'blocking' system call while your disks spin up.

I'm not sure you can avoid all occurrence of case two 'lookups' unless you were to actually make extensions to the Kodi video/music database.

My solution for Kodi and every other media centre I've used (MCE, Plex, Emby, etc.) is to run disks 'always on'. Since my media is stored in a RAID/ZFS/Storage Spaces type system, the 'always on' option with disks that are designed to be 'always on' (e.g. WD RED) is a natural one for me. The thumbnail solution still helps with performance as the media can be loaded from an SSD instead of slower drives (local or network).

my 2 cents.

Your 2 cents makes sense. Why can't/isn't the metadata reference extended to the db as in case 1? Why should the file system query for path info when the data that needs to be read could be contained in the db? Sort of negates the whole need for a cache in the 1st place if it's going to do a confirm reference by calling up the source to read.

The only examples I could think of is for those that do not permanently populate source folders with metadata and/or those that only have one drive. Sort of screws the rest of us.....
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

After all you contribute for us? It's the least I could do. Ready when you are.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Can someone please tell me how to remove the recordings widget that takes up valuable space in the main screen, is empty and of generally no use for me? Is this a bug? Can someone please answer so I don't ask the same question over and over again? There are more important things to discuss about this amazing skin.
I just found a bug in the new beta version. With netflix v1 or v2 layouts, if you select auto-rotate widgets, select 5 second interval, then you disable auto-rotate....it still rotates. annoying. how can i turn it off for good?

Edit: I had to edit the settings file and set "widgets_rotate_delay" to 0.
Small bug: When customizing the Power menu items, changing the thumbnail to 'none' still leaves a thumbnail when cycling through the shutdown/restart/exit choices.
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
(2017-03-14, 13:54)Lyvean Wrote: Can someone please tell me how to remove the recordings widget that takes up valuable space in the main screen, is empty and of generally no use for me? Is this a bug? Can someone please answer so I don't ask the same question over and over again? There are more important things to discuss about this amazing skin.

You can't delete the pvr recordings widget from the skin menu widget settings?
After the most recent update 3.7.53, Kodi crashes every time I try to start a video.

After switching to Estuary, the crashing stopped.

I am running Kodi 17 on Windows 10.
(2017-03-14, 18:01)cyrisb Wrote: After the most recent update 3.7.53, Kodi crashes every time I try to start a video from either Exodus or SALTS.

After switching to Estuary, the crashing stopped.

I am running Kodi 17 on Windows 10.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons
(2017-03-14, 18:06)snarfo Wrote: http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

Edited. Angel
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)6