• 13(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
(2017-03-14, 10:17)odelot Wrote: For the second question, I have tried in the "Customise home menu" to give a "Background" for every tile-button, but when I try to select the image, I can't navigate to the location of my image, because directly appears pointing to a repositorys instead of to open the folders of my Android. In the option "Fanart fallback image" I can select the folder I want, but in the option "Background" in every tile I can't do it.

For this to work, you need to define a proper source that you can browse to. It's just the way that Skin Helper works, since it is independent from other skin browsers. For example, I went into Kodi's File Manager, clicked on Add Source, and then browsed to a folder "Backgrounds" which I put inside my OneDrive for easy backing up. Inside that folder I created separate folders, Movies, TVShows, etc. So now every time I go to set the backgrounds, I see the Backgrounds folder I made, and can easily pick what I want.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Hey Alanon, im looking to set a specific favorite as a widget, but I cant seem to find an option. I see you can set a widget for all favorites, but not a single favorite. Is this possible? I only need to do this because i cant navigate to certain sections of video addons when choosing widgets.

-Can you explain how the option "Enable Onback command" is used?

- Any possibility to add an option for the hub widgets to choose to show Thumbnails or the Icon instead of Fanart?

-I see you added an option to Enable/Disable views which is nice, but it seems to only remove them from the list rather than disable the actual view in the skin.

-FYI, small misspelling of Showcase view in the skin. Shows (Showscase) lol. No biggie.

This skin is running so flawless now, I love it!!!! Thank you!
Big thanks for adding the ability to position the clear art on the left / right side.
It works now beautifully with the subtitles.

I greatly appreciate it!
Alanon,

Good day. Had a few issues arise and felt that I had to bring them to your attention. I appreciate the work and effort you put into hearing our issues.

-I am hiding submenu icons. When I click reload skin on the power submenu, the skin reloads but ignores the hide submenu icons toggle and alas, i see the icons. I retry the toggle and cant get the icons to disappear.

-I am trying to have Library as a submenu item. ActivateWindow(LibrarySettings) Does not work for me. Anyone else?

A few ideas I want to throw out there...

-RSS on Text Only home bar. Perhaps an option for above or below the home bar as well.

-Replace widget fanart with background on a per hub basis instead of all or none.
I have a wallpaper heavy build. I wanted to lighten the build size by removing a percentage of wallpapers and just use the widget fanart as backgrounds on some of the hubs. Turns out that some widgets just give me a white background.

-Hub images have the ability to link to a certain add-on folder. i understand that I can just set it using the hub widget. I just find that hub images load instantaneously and some hub widgets take a few minutes.
(2017-03-14, 15:39)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 10:17)odelot Wrote: For the second question, I have tried in the "Customise home menu" to give a "Background" for every tile-button, but when I try to select the image, I can't navigate to the location of my image, because directly appears pointing to a repositorys instead of to open the folders of my Android. In the option "Fanart fallback image" I can select the folder I want, but in the option "Background" in every tile I can't do it.

For this to work, you need to define a proper source that you can browse to. It's just the way that Skin Helper works, since it is independent from other skin browsers. For example, I went into Kodi's File Manager, clicked on Add Source, and then browsed to a folder "Backgrounds" which I put inside my OneDrive for easy backing up. Inside that folder I created separate folders, Movies, TVShows, etc. So now every time I go to set the backgrounds, I see the Backgrounds folder I made, and can easily pick what I want.

Hello again Alanon, I have tried Adding Source inside "Coleccion" in Kodi, (I think that this is the file manager):

With a example image, but this source not appear when I click on "Background", only appears this:

And selecting "Imagen unica" appears this:

And I can't select nothing more to navigate up of "Catoal", only inside of this, but without any folder of Android.
(2017-03-14, 18:15)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey Alanon, im looking to set a specific favorite as a widget, but I cant seem to find an option. I see you can set a widget for all favorites, but not a single favorite. Is this possible? I only need to do this because i cant navigate to certain sections of video addons when choosing widgets.

- Any possibility to add an option for the hub widgets to choose to show Thumbnails or the Icon instead of Fanart?

-I see you added an option to Enable/Disable views which is nice, but it seems to only remove them from the list rather than disable the actual view in the skin.

-FYI, small misspelling of Showcase view in the skin. Shows (Showscase) lol. No biggie.

1. I think this would depend on the protection implementation and the Super Favourites ability to bypass it. If the favourite in question is, say, a folder or container of sorts, then the browsing portion still needs to enter the folder to lead the widget to the actual content. If you'd like to create a widget from an element that's made with the regular Kodi Favourites, as far as I know that's not possible.

2. That command was requested by someone, and then made an option toggle. The point of the matter is, if you browse an add-on or make a hub location that starts, say, in a category, or something "in the middle", pressing back will revert you to the upper level. The setting controls the point of return, so if you started from the home menu, back will lead you right to it, instead of the upper level of the add-on or category.

3. I'll look into adding an option. It probably won't be an icon, since it'd have to be a pretty big resolution in order to look good...

4. That's strange. I've followed the Skin Helper guidelines for disabling the views, which are usually spot on. Views are hidden from the selector only in cases where they aren't in working order for some content, but are otherwise enabled. Disabling them from the list should trigger a condition which excludes them from the navigation xml files. That should effectively make them disabled, since the skin itself won't load them. Perhaps a skin reload is needed for this to work fully? Did you encounter some problems? In my usage, I've never encountered a view once disabled?

5. The typo will be fixed. Wink

Glad you are enjoying the performance! Big Grin

(2017-03-14, 23:10)Nyx4334 Wrote: Big thanks for adding the ability to position the clear art on the left / right side.
It works now beautifully with the subtitles.

I greatly appreciate it!

No problem! Glad you like it! Big Grin

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-03-14, 23:34)eurogroovem5 Wrote: Alanon,

Good day. Had a few issues arise and felt that I had to bring them to your attention. I appreciate the work and effort you put into hearing our issues.

-I am hiding submenu icons. When I click reload skin on the power submenu, the skin reloads but ignores the hide submenu icons toggle and alas, i see the icons. I retry the toggle and cant get the icons to disappear.

-I am trying to have Library as a submenu item. ActivateWindow(LibrarySettings) Does not work for me. Anyone else?

-RSS on Text Only home bar. Perhaps an option for above or below the home bar as well.

-Replace widget fanart with background on a per hub basis instead of all or none.
I have a wallpaper heavy build. I wanted to lighten the build size by removing a percentage of wallpapers and just use the widget fanart as backgrounds on some of the hubs. Turns out that some widgets just give me a white background.

-Hub images have the ability to link to a certain add-on folder. i understand that I can just set it using the hub widget. I just find that hub images load instantaneously and some hub widgets take a few minutes.

1. I've never had that happen. I've tried toying with it now, and can't reproduce it. The only thing that comes to mind is that something went wrong in saving the skin settings. You might try re-toggling the submenu type first, and then the icons? Sometimes these things get borked, probably due to Skin Helper sensitivity. Alternatively, you might try delving into the userdata settings.xml file manually, to try and see if the proper setting is present? As a last resort, move that file somewhere else, so that you might try resetting all the skin settings to see if it will work out of the box.

2. As far as I know, there's no such window. If you're trying to access the library settings themselves (where the library source buttons - Videos... Music... Pictures... are located), then use ActivateWindow(mediasettings). Otherwise, you'll have to use windows by category (videos, etc...).

3. Hm... I don't use RSS, so I wasn't aware it was disabled in text only. I'll look into it.

4. What do you mean by hub images? The entries next to the widget? The shortcuts can add anything that the main menu or sub menu shortcuts can, including add-on folders. The add-on itself, however, must allow for such external browsing. Either way, as far as hub functionality is concerned, my hands are pretty much tied, since everything is handled by the script.skinshortcuts add-on.

(2017-03-14, 23:56)odelot Wrote: Hello again Alanon, I have tried Adding Source inside "Coleccion" in Kodi, (I think that this is the file manager):

With a example image, but this source not appear when I click on "Background", only appears this:

And I can't select nothing more to navigate up of "Catoal", only inside of this, but without any folder of Android.

No, this is not it. The place you went to controls media sources. The file manager is a separate window. In both Eminence skins it can only be accessed through adding a menu or a submenu shortcut.

In the default Estuary skin, there is a File Manager shortcut in the main settings screen, you can use that if it's easier?

Once you access the file manager, then you add a source, and then it will be displayed in the image selection window.

(2017-03-15, 01:33)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 18:15)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey Alanon, im looking to set a specific favorite as a widget, but I cant seem to find an option. I see you can set a widget for all favorites, but not a single favorite. Is this possible? I only need to do this because i cant navigate to certain sections of video addons when choosing widgets.

1. I think this would depend on the protection implementation and the Super Favourites ability to bypass it. If the favourite in question is, say, a folder or container of sorts, then the browsing portion still needs to enter the folder to lead the widget to the actual content. If you'd like to create a widget from an element that's made with the regular Kodi Favourites, as far as I know that's not possible.

2. That command was requested by someone, and then made an option toggle. The point of the matter is, if you browse an add-on or make a hub location that starts, say, in a category, or something "in the middle", pressing back will revert you to the upper level. The setting controls the point of return, so if you started from the home menu, back will lead you right to it, instead of the upper level of the add-on or category.

3. I'll look into adding an option. It probably won't be an icon, since it'd have to be a pretty big resolution in order to look good...

4. That's strange. I've followed the Skin Helper guidelines for disabling the views, which are usually spot on. Views are hidden from the selector only in cases where they aren't in working order for some content, but are otherwise enabled. Disabling them from the list should trigger a condition which excludes them from the navigation xml files. That should effectively make them disabled, since the skin itself won't load them. Perhaps a skin reload is needed for this to work fully? Did you encounter some problems? In my usage, I've never encountered a view once disabled?

5. The typo will be fixed. Wink

1-OK.
2-Nice!! Usefull indeed
3-Thank-you!
4-No luck actually getting the views disabled. For example I disabled Banner view, refreshed skin, restarted Kodi, banner view still shows, but is not on the list.
See example: http://jed.one/Other%20stuff/Recording%20%23138.mp4

* I just deleted the views from myvideonav.xml. Seems to do the trick.
I downloaded skin but I don't get logos ,cd art etc,...
Hi, first of all thanks for reviving this great skin Avalon, so i ha have a problem with my movie tiles, they are duplicating, one in english and another in portuguese, anyone know why are doing this? and how can i fix it, staying only with portuguese ?
(2017-03-15, 02:35)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 23:34)eurogroovem5 Wrote: Alanon,

1. I've never had that happen. I've tried toying with it now, and can't reproduce it. The only thing that comes to mind is that something went wrong in saving the skin settings. You might try re-toggling the submenu type first, and then the icons? Sometimes these things get borked, probably due to Skin Helper sensitivity. Alternatively, you might try delving into the userdata settings.xml file manually, to try and see if the proper setting is present? As a last resort, move that file somewhere else, so that you might try resetting all the skin settings to see if it will work out of the box.

2. As far as I know, there's no such window. If you're trying to access the library settings themselves (where the library source buttons - Videos... Music... Pictures... are located), then use ActivateWindow(mediasettings). Otherwise, you'll have to use windows by category (videos, etc...).

3. Hm... I don't use RSS, so I wasn't aware it was disabled in text only. I'll look into it.

4. What do you mean by hub images? The entries next to the widget? The shortcuts can add anything that the main menu or sub menu shortcuts can, including add-on folders. The add-on itself, however, must allow for such external browsing. Either way, as far as hub functionality is concerned, my hands are pretty much tied, since everything is handled by the script.skinshortcuts add-on.

(2017-03-14, 23:56)odelot Wrote: Hello again Alanon, I have tried Adding Source inside "Coleccion" in Kodi, (I think that this is the file manager):

No, this is not it. The place you went to controls media sources. The file manager is a separate window. In both Eminence skins it can only be accessed through adding a menu or a submenu shortcut.

In the default Estuary skin, there is a File Manager shortcut in the main settings screen, you can use that if it's easier?

Once you access the file manager, then you add a source, and then it will be displayed in the image selection window.

Ok, now I have tried in "Confluence" skin adding the source, and now the my new source with my backgrounds images appears with "catoal"... Ready!,

But when I click in some tile, for example "Videos", the background its again the "main" background instead of the background that I have configured to this button-tile... There is anyway to keep the background inside the section that I have entered??, thank you again.
Hi there, thx a lot for your work on this amazing mod ! Great to see this project getting better and better due to your interaction with the community.
I have encountered a small issue with the display of user ruatings in the library views. When weather info in the header is switched off, the rating is not completely visible. Seems it's aligned to the clock rather than to the right of the screen.
Greatly appreciate this skin and enjoy its fantastic performance on Fire TV Stick 1. Smile
(2017-03-15, 03:23)jdig4240 Wrote: 1-OK.
2-Nice!! Usefull indeed
3-Thank-you!
4-No luck actually getting the views disabled. For example I disabled Banner view, refreshed skin, restarted Kodi, banner view still shows, but is not on the list.

It's clear that the includes aren't being excluded, but that's what the conditions are for... that really should be a universal sort of setup.
If it's some type of add-on, many of them have a force view sort of setting that might have interfered with the defaults?

(2017-03-15, 06:20)Papo1980205 Wrote: I downloaded skin but I don't get logos ,cd art etc,...

You need to set up your artwork locations in Display items setings settings first. Wink

(2017-03-15, 12:33)deeptech Wrote: Hi, first of all thanks for reviving this great skin Avalon, so i ha have a problem with my movie tiles, they are duplicating, one in english and another in portuguese, anyone know why are doing this? and how can i fix it, staying only with portuguese ?

I'm not sure what is duplicating for you? The main menu shortcuts?
Currently, the only languages supported in the skin are English and French. Using any others might cause problems with displaying various settings, etc..

(2017-03-15, 12:58)odelot Wrote: Ok, now I have tried in "Confluence" skin adding the source, and now the my new source with my backgrounds images appears with "catoal"... Ready!,

But when I click in some tile, for example "Videos", the background its again the "main" background instead of the background that I have configured to this button-tile... There is anyway to keep the background inside the section that I have entered??, thank you again.
The skin is optimised to use fanart or extrafanart if available, and fallback to the set image only if nothing was found. You need to uncheck the "Show fanart" setting to always show the fallback.

Is there an option is the skin somewhere to Enable automatic fullscreen music playpack when you play a song??
(2017-03-15, 14:24)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-15, 03:23)jdig4240 Wrote: 1-OK.
2-Nice!! Usefull indeed
3-Thank-you!

It's clear that the includes aren't being excluded, but that's what the conditions are for... that really should be a universal sort of setup.
If it's some type of add-on, many of them have a force view sort of setting that might have interfered with the defaults?

(2017-03-15, 06:20)Papo1980205 Wrote: I downloaded skin but I don't get logos ,cd art etc,...

You need to set up your artwork locations in Display items setings settings first. Wink

(2017-03-15, 12:33)deeptech Wrote: Hi, first of all thanks for reviving this great skin Avalon, so i ha have a problem with my movie tiles, they are duplicating, one in english and another in portuguese, anyone know why are doing this? and how can i fix it, staying only with portuguese ?

I'm not sure what is duplicating for you? The main menu shortcuts?
Currently, the only languages supported in the skin are English and French. Using any others might cause problems with displaying various settings, etc..

(2017-03-15, 12:58)odelot Wrote: Ok, now I have tried in "Confluence" skin adding the source, and now the my new source with my backgrounds images appears with "catoal"... Ready!,

The skin is optimised to use fanart or extrafanart if available, and fallback to the set image only if nothing was found. You need to uncheck the "Show fanart" setting to always show the fallback.

Ok!, thank you again Wink.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21