• 46(current)
Release Netflix style next up notification
I like the postplay feature of this addon. However, for the postplay screen to work I have to wait until the video plays for its complete duration. I usually stop my video using the "x" button or "stop" from my keyboard just before it ends since I don't like to sit through ending credits. However when I press the stop button, the postplay screen doesn't show. Is there a way to show the postplay screen once a video is stopped within 30 seconds (or x seconds) of the end of the video?
Just a heads up, I have no idea how I did it but I managed to get caught in the nextup screen. Without any way to leave it without killing kodi.
(2017-02-24, 00:00)Razze Wrote: Just a heads up, I have no idea how I did it but I managed to get caught in the nextup screen. Without any way to leave it without killing kodi.

The same just happened to me.

Kodi 17.1 - Windows 10.
Still no option to use this great addon with online content?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk
Hi!

I found your addon yesterday, but i doesn't word that well for me, can anybody help please?

I get the screen after ther episode, but what doesn't work is the overlay notificaton for the last 30-60 second inside the episode.

Is that fammiliar to anybody? I use the newest OSMC on RasPi3. ALready started the debug logging (where can I find the logs?).

Thanks,Rolleyes Guys!
(2017-02-28, 07:19)serienjunkie Wrote: Hi!

I found your addon yesterday, but i doesn't word that well for me, can anybody help please?

I get the screen after ther episode, but what doesn't work is the overlay notificaton for the last 30-60 second inside the episode.

Is that fammiliar to anybody? I use the newest OSMC on RasPi3. ALready started the debug logging (where can I find the logs?).

Thanks,Rolleyes Guys!
You have to change the addon settings to enable the smaller dialog.
Is there a way to use an episode specific image, instead of the series thumbnail/fanart?
Hey there,

i have a similar problem as some other users have:

The notification @ 30s left is not poppin' up before i disable the postscreen thing.

I'm using Kodi 17 on the Amazon Fire TV 4K

Thx for your Addon anyway, its really nice! Smile
noticed couple errors that keep popping up.

specifically:

Exception in Playback Monitor Service: local variable 'tvshow' referenced before assignment
Exception in Playback Monitor Service: 'id'

The show is Public Domain, and a stream that is imported into the library.

So hopefully you can help, provide insight/thoughts, etc -- or maybe fix it? Smile

Code:
23:16:49.128 T:2492  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got active player {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[{"playerid":0,"type":"video"}]}
23:16:49.144 T:2492  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Getting details of playing media
23:16:49.621 T:2492  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got details of playing media{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"item":{"episode":1,"genre":[],"label":"Petticoat.Junction.S01E01.mkv","playcount":0,"season":1,"showtitle":"Petticoat Junction","tvshowid":-1,"type":"episode"}}}
23:16:49.628 T:2492  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Exception in Playback Monitor Service: local variable 'tvshow' referenced before assignment
23:18:43.373 T:4736  NOTICE: Closing stream player 3
23:18:43.373 T:4736  NOTICE: Opening stream: 2 source: 256
23:51:56.582 T:2492  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Calling post playback
23:51:56.599 T:2492  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got active player {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[{"playerid":0,"type":"video"}]}
23:51:56.610 T:2492  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Getting details of playing media
23:51:57.188 T:2492  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got details of playing media{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"item":{"episode":1,"genre":[],"label":"Petticoat.Junction.S01E01.mkv","playcount":0,"season":1,"showtitle":"Petticoat Junction","tvshowid":-1,"type":"episode"}}}
23:51:57.196 T:2492  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : strm_query start
23:51:57.210 T:2492  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Exception in Playback Monitor Service: 'id'

Thanks!
Will this service be able to prevent whole season been marked 'watched', for eg. if a person fell asleep?
Even if option 'play next video automatically' in general player settings is turned on?

tnx
(2017-03-14, 17:01)maeda Wrote: Will this service be able to prevent whole season been marked 'watched', for eg. if a person fell asleep?
Even if option 'play next video automatically' in general player settings is turned on?

tnx

That's what the 'Still watching' option is for.
I would like to request an option in the addon settings to disable the post play screen on playlists or cue playback. As for now the player already continues with the next video in list but the post play screen is in front of video.
Would that be possible?
(2017-03-14, 18:25)Hitcher Wrote: That's what the 'Still watching' option is for.
Nice, i was afraid if 'play next video automatically' in general settings is turned on, it would continue to play in background, but it's working

thank you
Hi Team,

I was receiving an error that next episode just wouldn't play, error log stated line 107 of player.py has an error.

id = result["result"]["item"]["id"]

The above line should say

playerid = result["result"]["item"]["id"]

I saved my work, restarted Kodi and BOOM!!!! now Nextup works perfectly,
Not sure if the error is something that has happened during install but happy to say Nextup is working.

Also noticed that Nextup won't play a show that has been added to the library via Metalliq.
(2017-03-17, 21:39)kiwistream Wrote: Hi Team,

I was receiving an error that next episode just wouldn't play, error log stated line 107 of player.py has an error.

id = result["result"]["item"]["id"]

The above line should say

playerid = result["result"]["item"]["id"]

I saved my work, restarted Kodi and BOOM!!!! now Nextup works perfectly,
Not sure if the error is something that has happened during install but happy to say Nextup is working.

Also noticed that Nextup won't play a show that has been added to the library via Metalliq.

Nope, that's not a valid fix. You just set the playerid which will never be used again and set the let the id parameter be set empty and send to kodi.

Your probably trying to run this in an unsupported way? So are you using local media files?
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix style next up notification7