Library for all devices
I know this has been asked before but most posts are around 3 years old so I'm looking for some fresh ideas. I have multiple home devices running Kodi. My shares are in a system running nfs via USB. My question is how can I better manage the library across all my devices? I use ember media manager to generate a XML in Kodi format and on my main device I have scrapers that I'm assuming are bumping from the XML because sometimes when I scan for new movies the scraper gets the movie title and the images wrong. Once I use ember it seems to update the move title and applies the artwork fine. I don't have a home SQL database but I do have a vps which I was using until I ran into data corruption and had to reinstall. For some reason Kodi can't access it but I'm able to login fine on Windows using the web panel and create database. I also use NFO watch state updater that works great for marking watched files when I have to remake the library. Any suggestions on better managing my library?
Thread moved to OS independent
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Using Ember is a good way to make sure all clients get the same data. It also speeds up the scraping process on all clients since they don't have to download everything from the internet.
I have never had the situation that a scraper found different artwork than the ones that were scraped with Ember. If that happens, you could try to use the local scraper instead of the default.

Seems like you are doing a good thing regarding managing the data but you could take a look at http://kodi.wiki/view/Syncing_and_sharing for options to share your library between clients.
I have no experience with uPNP but have been using MySQL for some years which, after some effort, works great and reliably.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
MySQL. +1
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
+2. How you get the data in there is up to you, but it works well on my (counts...) ... oops... 12 different Kodi clients, if you count the 'phones.

EDIT

13. I remembered another one...!
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
(2017-03-18, 09:30)PH-SYM Wrote: Using Ember is a good way to make sure all clients get the same data. It also speeds up the scraping process on all clients since they don't have to download everything from the internet.
I have never had the situation that a scraper found different artwork than the ones that were scraped with Ember. If that happens, you could try to use the local scraper instead of the default.

Seems like you are doing a good thing regarding managing the data but you could take a look at http://kodi.wiki/view/Syncing_and_sharing for options to share your library between clients.
I have no experience with uPNP but have been using MySQL for some years which, after some effort, works great and reliably.
If you use ember, wouldn't the scraper be set to local?
What I was trying to say about the difference in scraping is that sometimes Kodi will get the title wrong or the year incorrect giving me data for another movie. Also, when I scan for new movies it gets a random (not sure if it just gets the first image) artwork but after I scrape the movie in ember and select the artwork (I like the artwork without the credits) it gets applied to the movie without having to do anything.

(2017-03-18, 23:51)Prof Yaffle Wrote: +2. How you get the data in there is up to you, but it works well on my (counts...) ... oops... 12 different Kodi clients, if you count the 'phones.

EDIT

13. I remembered another one...!

You use MySQL also? I was using MySQL for about 2 years but for some reason I was not able to connect to the vps from Kodi yet I was able to login fine on PC with the same Info. I was really tired of dealing with the corruption but it was easy to simply drop the advanced settings XML on each device and the share xml. I'll try it again I suppose.

What I did come to like is that using ember and selecting local did have the same days on all devices and with the NFO watch updater marking the movies is helpful for taking my drives and 1 device on the go, the only drawback as having to refresh the library on each device to update all the watch states.
If you can't log into the mysql you probably haven't followed th instructions on the wiki exactly. So not look at other articles, eg lifehacker.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library for all devices0