• 15(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
(2017-03-16, 14:51)Kr1ss Wrote: There are some really nice changes in 2.3.1 ! Well done mate ! Laugh
Especially the option to instantly enter full screen when playing music is something I have been hoping to be included. Never expected it beeing in there so soon.

I recognized extrathumbs seem not to be working for me. I have them in subfolders of my movie folders named extrathumbs, just equivalent to the extrafanart, wich -by the way- are working well.
My media folders are on an SMB network share fyi, and full paths are quite long. Maybe this is causing kind of trouble ?
Huh
Of course, that's not a must-have for me but just a nice gimmick.

My best regards (and excuses for my ugly english; my native language is german) Blush

Apropos : I found no issues with the skin yet that seem to be caused by Kodi interface language set to german.

There are a lot of unknowns about such networked setups. In theory, if it's all well-organized, it should work. The scroll settings should compensate for the path length, resulting in a +-2 second differences... The extrafanart are retrieved from the database paths by an add-on, so that's more reliable at this time.

The location of the thumbs doesn't matter that much, it can be inside the movie folder, but the names are the most important. Currently, the thumbs need to be named either "extrathumb1.jpg" or "thumb1.jpg" for everything to work. Anything else will just be skipped.

The main problem with French was in the outdated strings. They were old, so many skin settings were showing in English, and others in French. Kodi separates the skin language from the Kodi interface for such reasons, but I still can't guarantee that something won't get borked, simply because I have not tested it personally. Wink
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
[quote/]
No there isn't this option is to change to opacity of the home bar Wink Doesn't change the gradients of the background Wink
[/quote]

There is the option to change the color and opacity of the home bar in Skin Settings/Home, unless your talking about something else, or your not using this Eminence Mod.
I'd also like to leave a big THUMBS UP for this Mod.

Just like "VelvetKevorkian" already pointed out;
I like JurialMunkey's Skins in general and especially the structure and clean look of Eminence and 2.0, but missed some functionality and addon integration.
You and your mod made all that and much more possible, which made this Skin my absolutely #1.

E.g. i'm consuming the content of my official IPTV Provider through Kodi and absolutely love what you made out of PVR regarding views and scraping integration.
But that's just one example Wink

Thank you very much for your dedication to this project. It's getting better and better, please keep it up Smile
I can't change le the movie genre icons ?

it's woking with Artic Zephir but not withi Eminence2, could someone else try please?
@Alanon, thank you for your continuous improvement to the skin. Is it possible to add a vertical main menu bar as an option in appearance settings?
Just throwing this out there for the Mods - It's almost like this thread/skin could use it's own section. Too many different issues are thrown into one thread and having it's own section would allow it to be split up by topic. At one point does a skin diverge so much from it's original to be called it's own?
(2017-03-18, 17:27)Kelexel Wrote: I can't change le the movie genre icons ?

it's woking with Artic Zephir but not withi Eminence2, could someone else try please?

That's working for me (Amazon Fire TV Stick)...
Skin Settings -> Extras -> Genre Icons
(2017-03-18, 18:56)Kr1ss Wrote:
(2017-03-18, 17:27)Kelexel Wrote: I can't change le the movie genre icons ?

That's working for me (Amazon Fire TV Stick)...
Skin Settings -> Extras -> Genre Icons

Right, thank you !
(2017-03-17, 11:23)nokodemus Wrote: I'd also like to leave a big THUMBS UP for this Mod.

Just like "VelvetKevorkian" already pointed out;
I like JurialMunkey's Skins in general and especially the structure and clean look of Eminence and 2.0, but missed some functionality and addon integration.
You and your mod made all that and much more possible, which made this Skin my absolutely #1.

E.g. i'm consuming the content of my official IPTV Provider through Kodi and absolutely love what you made out of PVR regarding views and scraping integration.
But that's just one example Wink

Thank you very much for your dedication to this project. It's getting better and better, please keep it up Smile

(2017-03-18, 17:30)timjones Wrote: @Alanon, thank you for your continuous improvement to the skin. Is it possible to add a vertical main menu bar as an option in appearance settings?

Thank you both for the kind words! A vertical menu is definitely on my wishlist, and on my to-do list. What exact form it would take eventually, depends on my skills, patience and time. That's why there's no ETA at the moment. Smile

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Bug maybe?

Necessary addons are all downloadable, except busyspinners.titan and script.duration.
Nothing happens when i click on the red x.

Also there is no "get more" when clicking the side menu in video/program addons.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
(2017-03-19, 22:56)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Bug maybe?

Necessary addons are all downloadable, except busyspinners.titan and script.duration.
Nothing happens when i click on the red x.

Also there is no "get more" when clicking the side menu in video/program addons.

Hmmm. The duration script has its own repo, which is structured in a strange way, so I always presumed there will be issues. That's why I never mentioned the repo in the first place. If you follow the link from the OP, it should lead you to the fellow's git. The only advantage of the script is that it computes durations a bit faster than the skin normally would. It will become obsolete when Leia arrives, so I didn't want to complicate things too much.

After some digging, it seems that marcel updated and changed the spinners add-on name and icon, so that's why it's not being downloaded. Will be fixed in the next update.

I'm afraid you lost me with that last one. xD Could you clarify a bit?

When you're at the video addons screen and you click right, you get sort/view etc.
Normally there is also "Get more" (i think introduced in Krypton).
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
What about adding a “switch to full screen“ button to the player controls in the main menu ?
Would be nice e.g. for users with a fire tv remote control. Wink

And, maybe as an idea for future releases, it would be great to give some viewtypes the option to show the discart of movies and/or albums with the covers.
(2017-03-18, 17:47)FLHTCUSE3 Wrote: Just throwing this out there for the Mods - It's almost like this thread/skin could use it's own section. Too many different issues are thrown into one thread and having it's own section would allow it to be split up by topic. At one point does a skin diverge so much from it's original to be called it's own?

? This is its own thread.
(2017-03-20, 11:28)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: When you're at the video addons screen and you click right, you get sort/view etc.
Normally there is also "Get more" (i think introduced in Krypton).

Aaah, now I get it. The "Get more..." button was indeed introduced in Krypton, but it was never placed there. The code for system menus is never done button-by-button, you simply code in a template, and Kodi repeatedly fills out the properties for the buttons it uses. I also checked 3-4 skins, including Estuary, and none of them have the "Get more..." button when browsing the add-ons. It is available in dialogues that select or otherwise manipulate addons - skin selectors, resource selectors, etc. Now, I might be able to add-in such a button, but I'm not really sure how the Get more functions, with, say, multiple repos, or even what code would run it.

(2017-03-20, 12:37)Kr1ss Wrote: What about adding a “switch to full screen“ button to the player controls in the main menu ?
Would be nice e.g. for users with a fire tv remote control. Wink

And, maybe as an idea for future releases, it would be great to give some viewtypes the option to show the discart of movies and/or albums with the covers.

You're saying remote users have no way of returning to full-screen?! I wasn't aware of this. There is a shortcut on my keyboard that always returns to full-screen, and also, when I press back, I return to full-screen. I just always presumed that something similar exists on remotes?

Could you check? If nothing works, I will code in a solution. Not sure if there's room enough to add-in another button, how about if you go up from the focused mini-controls, you go to full-screen?

Yes, I was thinking of using more artwork in the future, but I'd have to see how to make it nice-looking, and not too cluttered. For starters, a RightList and LowList views, when I finally find enough time to make them, should feature this and should work for both music and films.

• 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21