This will make your head spin, i Quarantine it :D
I will try and write this with a smile, so it does not come out as a complaint or looks like i am trying to argue.
Okay was browsing the kodi info in the player and saw the privacy note, and when i came to WILL ONLY SHARE WITH THE LAW IF WE ARE REQUIRED, i could not help laughing a bit BECAUSE.

1. Which law would that be, because in Europe, EU Law applies, YES even Kodi in the US need to follow EU law if the feds, knock on nate's door and want some info, so why is that well because Kodi web hosting was payed to the Accountant in
Gandi INTERNATIONAL SARL - Accounting Service
23A route d'Arlon
L-8009 Strassen
Luxembourg
WAIT i am not done it goes further keep up.
2. This is where it goes nuts, lets take me when i go to Kodi.tv i will prob first go through Denmark then Germany then France where the Gandi.net tells me to go to USA, well no stops there i will just hop on the Ocean Fiber Cable and then i am in Kodi land Smile

3. So what does that mean well it means i am subject to Danish Law German and French, and US Law, luckily, i stayed in the EU, so we have 2 conflicting Law Mr. Donald Trumps law which would prob mean i am off to do some "scuba diving" "water boarding" if i am lucky and we Have EU Law that forbids Torture phew what a relief, Smile

I will copy and paste this so you guys and girls can see for yourself, btw i still would like to know which law, and US wont do Mr. Nate not this time Big Grin

The Internet does not tend to make geographical and jurisdictional boundaries clear, but Internet users remain in physical jurisdictions and are subject to laws independent of their presence on the Internet.[4] As such, a single transaction may involve the laws of at least three jurisdictions:

the laws of the state/nation in which the user resides,
the laws of the state/nation that apply where the server hosting the transaction is located, and
the laws of the state/nation which apply to the person or business with whom the transaction takes place.

In practical terms, a user of the Internet is subject to the laws of the state or nation within which he or she goes online.

"Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization."

Is your head spinning yet
Now some user or TK will come in here and say its US law, well not this time m8 Big Grin i know your privacy statements say this and that but this is the real world hehe.

So if the feds come knocking make sure to get permission from the EU first Big Grin

Okay this is not meant to be offensive, i just found it funny when i read the part about the law, so keep it clean.
I could also claim the internet is a world of its own and there for EULAS do not count for anything i can act as i please, without taking notice of any privacy acts or piracy's or what ever.
But lets not go there, that would make the internet lawless where people do as they will, okay last time this is meant as a funny note to the kodi info, so do not chop my head of keep it clean keep it funny

Thank You
last thing i know how i spelled Quarantine it was on purpose
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
I will just make a quick, supplement before someone says other, Open Source means you do not pay for it that is why, all these "eula" "term of use" and such do in fact not mean anything, but most users believe that because of the way they are written, in the same style as lets say "MS" "eula" "terms of use" that they are "legal" the only thing that is legit is the "copy right" everything else is just "smoke" Big Grin but we are all polite users so we obey.

hmm i don't like the tone in my writing, but better keep it short.
Okay my tone is a bit harsh and strong it was not meant so, i apologize for that please keep comments clean and with a smile.

Or else this little funny- bone note will end up at the bottom of the Forum
And i meant no disrespect to Mr. Donald Trump for my remarks, he can ofc run his Country as he see fit, Sorry about that Mr. Trump, I think your doing a great thing for the USA, and once i figure out what it is i can appreciate it, i am sure. Big Grin

hmm this one is going to bite me, but had to take focus of my tone in the above, so i hope i will be given a longer leech,
"TK" Yea sure come here let me put it around your neck and tighten if for you so it sits comfy Big Grin
"TK" that looks much better and the color of your face has a nice purple, looks good i promise Big Grin
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
That has to be the longest post in history for the simple question, "Which law are you talking about in your privacy policy?"

And here is the simple answer: It doesn't really matter, because we don't actually keep any user data beyond simple, non-user-specific google analytics-like data. If it did matter, the answer would be, "I have no idea, because I can't imagine that situation." We mostly just copy and pasted from Mozilla's privacy policy. If I had to guess, the answer would be wherever our servers are stored.
Also, for the record, we don't have an EULA or terms of use. We do have the GPL, but that's about copying and altering the code and has nothing to do with using the application. I'm not especially sure why you are bringing EULAs up.
Step away from the keyboard
Is the OP mentally ill? o_O
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2017-03-19, 02:32)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Is the OP mentally ill? o_O
This has been asked before, but there is no firm answer.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
To my untrained eye its just an ADHD disorder where the brain can go berserk at times.
Ofcourse that doesnt say anything about the quality of the thoughts popping up..

Comments like this are discusting.
(2017-03-20, 14:01)Big Aero Wrote:

Not really. The OP's original post is best to be described as "two stops past Upton Park".
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2017-03-20, 14:39)speedwell68 Wrote:

Not really. The OP's original post is best to be described as "two stops past Upton Park".

RoflRoflRofl

Oh c'mon.
Its all in good laughs and respect.
I am pretty sure kimkl does not take offense very easily

Spelling like this is disgusting.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-03-20, 20:39)nickr Wrote:

Spelling like this is disgusting.

grammar police

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This will make your head spin, i Quarantine it :D0