• 60(current)
IARL - Deprecated
if anyone answer me i would be very thankfull.. thanks
(2017-03-14, 20:13)cchocas Wrote: i think im losing my mind Sad ... wich core you use for psx, x68000 and saturn? i cant make these 3 to run. and still cant figure out how to add NDS, PSP AND GAMECUBE to the list of emulators. Also iits giving me the runtime error on reicast. I know that i have to place the bios correctly but can you tell me where exactly like you would explain to a child? Please can anyone give me some advices how to make them work? Thanks

NDS, PSP and Gamecube are not a part of the addon. All the systems included in the addon are what you see when you start the addon, and they can also be referenced here.

Without any debug log or additional information, I'm guessing your issue with the other systems is setup related. See the wiki here and the FAQ
Hi zach. Thanks for your reply. Here is my log file after im trying to use msdos and dreamcast. Please let me know if this is not correct. Thanks for your time.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/24187157/
(2017-03-12, 14:44)PimmoZ Wrote: Hey Zach,

Thanks for the great work your doing here!

I have one problem with the addon and would like your help:

MS-DOS games do not download (0kb) when login is enabled (also no warning screen). If login is disabled it workes fine but it wont download other games like for the PSX because they need a login.

Below is a part of the debug log. If you need a full log let me know.

Code:
13:19:05.672 T:7760  NOTICE: IARL:  Download and Launch started for Oregon Trail, The
13:19:05.674 T:7760   DEBUG: IARL:  Loading history cache C:\Users\pimve\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.iarl\list_cache\iarl_history.pickle
13:19:05.685 T:7760   DEBUG: IARL:  List cached to file C:\Users\pimve\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.iarl\list_cache\iarl_history.pickle
13:19:05.685 T:7760  NOTICE: IARL:  Download started for Oregon Trail, The
13:19:05.688 T:7760   DEBUG: IARL:  No matching file found for D:\Games\Retro Games\Oregon_Trail_The_1990.zip
13:19:05.688 T:7760   DEBUG: DialogProgress::Open called
13:19:05.688 T:7760   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogConfirm.xml) ------
13:19:05.688 T:7760    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogConfirm.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
13:19:09.060 T:7760   DEBUG: IARL:  Download with login URL: https://archive.org/download/msdos_Oregon_Trail_The_1990/Oregon_Trail_The_1990.zip
13:19:09.060 T:7760   DEBUG: IARL:  Download save filename: D:\Games\Retro Games\Oregon_Trail_The_1990.zip
13:19:10.449 T:7760   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ZeroDivisionError'>
                                            Error Contents: float division by zero
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\pimve\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl\addon.py", line 1825, in onClick
                                                download_and_launch_rom(self,iarl_data)
                                              File "C:\Users\pimve\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl\addon.py", line 1559, in download_and_launch_rom
                                                iarl_data['current_save_data'] = download_rom_only(iarl_data)
                                              File "C:\Users\pimve\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl\addon.py", line 1126, in download_rom_only
                                                iarl_data['current_save_data']['rom_save_filenames_success'][ii] = download_tools().Downloader(quote_url(iarl_data['current_rom_data']['rom_filenames'][ii]),iarl_data['current_rom_data']['rom_save_filenames'][ii],iarl_data['settings']['ia_enable_login'],iarl_data['settings']['ia_username'],iarl_data['settings']['ia_password'],iarl_data['current_rom_data']['rom_size'][ii],iarl_data['current_rom_data']['rom_title'],'Downloading, please wait...')
                                              File "C:\Users\pimve\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl\resources\lib\webutils.py", line 60, in Downloader
                                                percent = 100.0 * size / est_filesize
                                            ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
13:19:10.669 T:3084   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogConfirm.xml) ------
13:19:10.683 T:3084   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------
13:19:15.291 T:3084   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Pointer.xml) ------
13:19:17.011 T:3084   DEBUG: CInputManager::ProcessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick
13:19:17.027 T:3084   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (C:\Users\pimve\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl\resources\skins\Default\720p\default.xml) ------
13:19:17.030 T:7760    INFO: CPythonInvoker(4, C:\Users\pimve\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iarl\addon.py): script successfully run
13:19:17.044 T:3084   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.iarl/Emulator/IA_MSDOS_ZachMorris/Game/Oregon+Trail%2C+The
13:19:17.044 T:3084   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.iarl/Emulator/IA_MSDOS_ZachMorris/Game/Oregon+Trail%2C+The) failed
13:19:17.045 T:3084   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.program.iarl/Emulator/IA_MSDOS_ZachMorris/1)
13:19:17.045 T:3084   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.program.iarl/]
13:19:17.048 T:7760    INFO: Python script stopped

Thanks!

Hi zach.

I have totally the same issue. The plugin becomes unstable and impossible to download anything, when the login option is enabled. Should I open an issue about this on github?

Thanks for your hard work!

Regards,
Mark
So, Im having a hard time getting PS1 games to work on Windows. I placed the correct bios files. I checked this list and noticed PS1 was not tested on windows: https://github.com/zach-morris/plugin.pr...ty#windows. Does it not work on Windows?

**EDIT, got it scph bios files were uppercase, made it lowercase and fixed!!!!
Question. Is it not possible to put the Retroarch folder with the Retroarch.exe and system folder directly in Kodi/Userdata folder?? I changed the paths in IARL userdata settings.xml to special://home\userdata\Retroarch\retroarch.exe, and special://home\userdata\Retroarch\system\. But it seems it will not open Retroarch from this location when i try to load a game. Would it not be able to load Retroarch from the Kodi folderHuh This is Windows PC. I wanted to package it all in the Kodi folder for easy install with no extra configuration or path changes.
(2017-03-20, 17:16)jdig4240 Wrote: Question. Is it not possible to put the Retroarch folder with the Retroarch.exe and system folder directly in Kodi/Userdata folder?? I changed the paths in IARL userdata settings.xml to special://home\userdata\Retroarch\retroarch.exe, and special://home\userdata\Retroarch\system\. But it seems it will not open Retroarch from this location when i try to load a game. Would it not be able to load Retroarch from the Kodi folderHuh This is Windows PC. I wanted to package it all in the Kodi folder for easy install with no extra configuration or path changes.

Yes, but it doesn't work with special addresses.Try using the full path c:\....... yadda yadda. I packaged everything into personal package for my brother to install so it does work.
(2017-03-20, 20:02)lefty420 Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 17:16)jdig4240 Wrote: Question. Is it not possible to put the Retroarch folder with the Retroarch.exe and system folder directly in Kodi/Userdata folder?? I changed the paths in IARL userdata settings.xml to special://home\userdata\Retroarch\retroarch.exe, and special://home\userdata\Retroarch\system\. But it seems it will not open Retroarch from this location when i try to load a game. Would it not be able to load Retroarch from the Kodi folderHuh This is Windows PC. I wanted to package it all in the Kodi folder for easy install with no extra configuration or path changes.

Yes, but it doesn't work with special addresses.Try using the full path c:\....... yadda yadda. I packaged everything into personal package for my brother to install so it does work.
Yea, but that defeats the purpose, since my path is gonna be different than another PCs path because of the User. C:/Users/XXXX/appdata/roaming/Kodi. The XXXX name is gonna be different on every computer. (Unless you guys happen to have the same user name) So the path would still need to be manually set for their pc in IARL settings, if it was a special path it wouldnt matter
Yeah true that Wink should have noted I used a portable version of kodi. I looked at the special paths a while back but couldnt get it working hence I opted for a all in one package including kodi and retroarch.
(2017-03-20, 20:10)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 20:02)lefty420 Wrote:

Yea, but that defeats the purpose, since my path is gonna be different than another PCs path because of the User. C:/Users/XXXX/appdata/roaming/Kodi. The XXXX name is gonna be different on every computer. (Unless you guys happen to have the same user name) So the path would still need to be manually set for their pc in IARL settings, if it was a special path it wouldnt matter

I think adding support for special paths in the settings is possible, I'll add it to my list of things to change. Mind you that would still require a manual edit of the settings since I don't believe there's a way to set special paths via the GUI.
(2017-03-21, 00:14)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 20:10)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 20:02)lefty420 Wrote: Yes, but it doesn't work with special addresses.Try using the full path c:\....... yadda yadda. I packaged everything into personal package for my brother to install so it does work.

I think adding support for special paths in the settings is possible, I'll add it to my list of things to change. Mind you that would still require a manual edit of the settings since I don't believe there's a way to set special paths via the GUI.
That would be PERFECT for me. I dont mind setting the path in Settings.xml, as long as it works! Just a thought, im sure you know more than me, but I would think if you allowed the paths to point to sources too, then you should be able to add special:// as a source in file manager first, then be able to navigate to that source to set Special paths? Maybe? Thanks, let me know when I can test this out.
(2017-03-15, 04:50)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 20:13)cchocas Wrote: i think im losing my mind Sad ... wich core you use for psx, x68000 and saturn? i cant make these 3 to run. and still cant figure out how to add NDS, PSP AND GAMECUBE to the list of emulators. Also iits giving me the runtime error on reicast. I know that i have to place the bios correctly but can you tell me where exactly like you would explain to a child? Please can anyone give me some advices how to make them work? Thanks

NDS, PSP and Gamecube are not a part of the addon. All the systems included in the addon are what you see when you start the addon, and they can also be referenced here.

Without any debug log or additional information, I'm guessing your issue with the other systems is setup related. See the wiki here and the FAQ

https://paste.ubuntu.com/24187157/
(2017-03-22, 09:19)cchocas Wrote: https://paste.ubuntu.com/24187157/

Setup for Saturn needs tweaking. Change IARL to use the Mednafen Saturn core. I see the IARL wizard still points to Yabuse as the default core, which I'll have to fix in the next update.

Command for Dreamcast appears correct, so likely an issue with your setup. For that I suggest following the steps in the FAQ here. Specifically, the FAQ says:
Code:
In a nutshell this is how IARL works:
- Grabs the required files you requested from the archive
- Processes those files (if necessary) to get them ready to launch (unzip for example, some others have config files automatically generated).
- Executes a command line command to launch the game. This would in theory be the same exact command you would use to launch the game from the command line.

Troubleshooting:
Assuming the game downloads from IARL correctly. Start Retroarch and launch the game directly from the emulator (i.e. start retroarch and try and launch the game file that IARL downloaded). If that doesn't work, then the problem lies with your setup or the emulator (hint: It's probably a BIOS file issue).

You can turn on debug logging in Kodi, attempt to launch your game, it will still fail, but then you can review the log and see what command is sent. Review the command, or even better, copy and paste it into the command line for your computer and see what error you get.

The debug log you provided shows the command was sent as follows:
Code:
"E:\Jogos\Retroarch\retroarch.exe"  -L "E:\Jogos\Retroarch\cores\reicast_libretro.dll" "E:\Jogos\Roms\Sega Dreamcast\Capcom_vs_SNK\Capcom vs. SNK (USA).gdi"

Which looks like what I would expect it to. You can paste that command into a cmd prompt (and maybe add "-verbose" to the end of the command) to see what the emulator is complaining about.
(2017-03-23, 00:10)zachmorris Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 09:19)cchocas Wrote: https://paste.ubuntu.com/24187157/

Setup for Saturn needs tweaking. Change IARL to use the Mednafen Saturn core. I see the IARL wizard still points to Yabuse as the default core, which I'll have to fix in the next update.

Command for Dreamcast appears correct, so likely an issue with your setup. For that I suggest following the steps in the FAQ here. Specifically, the FAQ says:
Code:
In a nutshell this is how IARL works:
- Grabs the required files you requested from the archive
- Processes those files (if necessary) to get them ready to launch (unzip for example, some others have config files automatically generated).
- Executes a command line command to launch the game. This would in theory be the same exact command you would use to launch the game from the command line.

Troubleshooting:
Assuming the game downloads from IARL correctly. Start Retroarch and launch the game directly from the emulator (i.e. start retroarch and try and launch the game file that IARL downloaded). If that doesn't work, then the problem lies with your setup or the emulator (hint: It's probably a BIOS file issue).

You can turn on debug logging in Kodi, attempt to launch your game, it will still fail, but then you can review the log and see what command is sent. Review the command, or even better, copy and paste it into the command line for your computer and see what error you get.

The debug log you provided shows the command was sent as follows:
Code:
"E:\Jogos\Retroarch\retroarch.exe"  -L "E:\Jogos\Retroarch\cores\reicast_libretro.dll" "E:\Jogos\Roms\Sega Dreamcast\Capcom_vs_SNK\Capcom vs. SNK (USA).gdi"

Which looks like what I would expect it to. You can paste that command into a cmd prompt (and maybe add "-verbose" to the end of the command) to see what the emulator is complaining about.

Hi zach Thanks for your reply. Finally I can run reicast and mednafen saturn! Thanks for you help. Unfortunatly mednafen saturn has some issues on sound and performance. So i Wonder if its possible to add yabause(has better performance) and epsxe to IARL( non retroarch) just like you did with project 64. Is possible to add those in some future update? Thanks and keep the good work.
PS: is it possible to use a gamepad on Dosbox? Cheers
I have gamestarter installed on Libreelec Kodi 17. I configured the IARL as described on the github page, but when I launch a game the system reboots.

I have a question, since I am running Libreelec on Raspberry Pi and I have the Gamestarter addon installed, should I choose Libreelec x86 or the OpenElec Gamestarter option as a external launch?
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10