• 57(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
BayLibre AMLogic 64bit Mainline Linux Kernel update...

So I should have to install both the OS ROM and the modified Netflix App. Correct?
Well, mai I find them in the thread on WetekForum you mentioned above?
It all comes as part of the Ricarodo's Firmware flash package. You don't need to install anything extra. Well apart from the TvHeadend server.

I would have a read of his Play2 thread to get right up to date:
http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/di...tv-v1-1/p1

Good....but my question is...does it work for Core also? I'd install it only to have Netflix with 5.1 audio...
Then when I'll migrate to WP2 ....I'll wait for official update to Android 6 without the need to install custom ROM.
Follow the Link...
(2017-02-23, 05:43)wrxtasy Wrote: No that won't work because Ricardo has also done extra Audio work for that Android TV OS ROM to enable 5.1 Netflix Audio with his specifically modded Netflix App:
http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/di...ment_49724

ok thanks!

I've read the thread...maybe I'm wrong and don't understand all the stuff. But the thread title is "AndroidTV apps modified to run on regular Android". As far as I understood, it means that the linked apps (and one ot them is Netflix) shall run on the standard Core WeOS, without the need to flash a custom ROM with a pure Android TV like the one released by Ricardo).

No mention in this thread about the compatiblity of the Ricardo's Android TV ROM with the Core (sure it works with WP2 and maybe the Hub...)
Yes those Android TV OS Apps in that specific thread will install on the Core.

But your question was about 5.1 Netflix Audio specifically. I assumed you had already installed the Android TV OS Netflix App on your Core. That one has 2.0 Audio only.

I have found the only reliable option, if on a budget for 5.1 Netflix Audio is the Xiaomi Mi Box. You need a Dolby Digital Plus - DD+ - TV / AVR to get 5.1 Netflix audio.

WeTek have not gotten around to a stable release of Android Marshmallow yet on any of their devices. This is needed for reliability.

To make some test, on the standard WeOS of the Core, I've installed the Netflix app downloading from the first page of the Android ROM thread on the Wetekforum (the one you suggested me...). It works well, the aspect is the typical of an Android TV app. Obviously no 5.1....It's a step forward from the standard Android app that can be downloaded from the Google Play Store. Instead I still don't understand the peculiarity of the Netflix app that can be downloaded from the AptoideTV appstore (accessible from the Core...).
Well the cat is out of the Bag so to speak.

Remember how I kept telling AMLogic S9xx users to use LibreELEC Kodi if they wanted to get the most out of their devices, well that was partly because I know what is coming...

https://liliputing.com/2017/03/plugin-br...g-drm.html

And that at the moment is 720p Legit Netflix DRM streams with DD+ Audio when using Alpha versions of LibreELEC Kodi v18 Agile with inputstream.adaptive & Libwidevine
Amazon VOD has also been working.

My LE developer friend Raybuntu has been compiling 32bit Kodi Agile images for the C2 / Hub / Play2
https://github.com/Raybuntu/LibreELEC.tv/releases

I see my short demo with Netflix in action on @Raybuntu Le9 agile build :-)
Regards
(2017-03-21, 08:13)wrxtasy Wrote: Well the cat is out of the Bag so to speak.

Remember how I kept telling AMLogic S9xx users to use LibreELEC Kodi if they wanted to get the most out of their devices, well that was partly because I know what is coming...

https://liliputing.com/2017/03/plugin-br...g-drm.html

And that at the moment is 720p Legit Netflix DRM streams with DD+ Audio when using Alpha versions of LibreELEC Kodi v18 Agile with inputstream.adaptive & Libwidevine
Amazon VOD has also been working.

My LE developer friend Raybuntu has been compiling 32bit Kodi Agile images for the C2 / Hub / Play2
https://github.com/Raybuntu/LibreELEC.tv/releases

Re : The Liliputing article
Quote: What’s particularly cool about the plugin is that while it’s based on open source code, it streams videos without breaking the DRM used by Netflix. Theoretically, that could give Netflix a reason not to roll out any changes that would break compatibility with the plugin.

They seem to have missed the point of DRM somewhat. Whilst it is true the plugin isn't breaking the DRM used for distribution, it IS allowing replay on non-certified devices, which presumably aren't going to enforce HDCP as officially licensed players will, opening a previously (supposedly) closed digital hole (though HDCP is so broken in reality you do wonder why bother)...

So there is still a very valid reason for Netflix to go after the solution I guess. Pity that is the world we live in... (Unless 720p is the new 480p and they don't bother too much?)
is it possible to use the Play 2 with a Logitech Harmony wireless remote or is it only IR
LG OLED C7, Marantz SR7010, Panasonic BD35, Logitech Elite, Virgin V6, Mission 752, Mission 75C, Wharfedall 9.0, BK XLS200 Mk 2, iPhone 6S, Synology 214Play, Wetek Play2 with LibreELEC 8.2.3, Mede8er MED600X3D, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV 4K, NowTV, Airport Extremes
(2017-03-24, 12:41)JohnWB Wrote: is it possible to use the Play 2 with a Logitech Harmony wireless remote or is it only IR

I use my Harmony with my Play 2 fine. The Play 2 is IR only but thats fine as the Harmony is IR
Thanks for the reply, I realise that the IR output would work but I would like to use the wireless output from the harmony if possible
LG OLED C7, Marantz SR7010, Panasonic BD35, Logitech Elite, Virgin V6, Mission 752, Mission 75C, Wharfedall 9.0, BK XLS200 Mk 2, iPhone 6S, Synology 214Play, Wetek Play2 with LibreELEC 8.2.3, Mede8er MED600X3D, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV 4K, NowTV, Airport Extremes
(2017-03-21, 12:37)noggin Wrote: They seem to have missed the point of DRM somewhat. Whilst it is true the plugin isn't breaking the DRM used for distribution, it IS allowing replay on non-certified devices, which presumably aren't going to enforce HDCP as officially licensed players will, opening a previously (supposedly) closed digital hole (though HDCP is so broken in reality you do wonder why bother)...
So there is still a very valid reason for Netflix to go after the solution I guess. Pity that is the world we live in... (Unless 720p is the new 480p and they don't bother too much?)
I agree with this statement. I am privy to some of the talks going on in the Industry. It may take many months before a change happens and all I can say is enjoy while it lasts!
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11