• 92(current)
Beta Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)
(2017-03-22, 00:09)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-21, 03:57)oattes Wrote: Actually, I'm fine with it. I use all the fine features of the skin for media who's references aren't present in the base database. I'm not sure that even if all references to media were available (e.g. Estuary), that you wouldn't still have this 'problem'. Kodi still has to validate it's 'cache' from time to time and the only way to do that is by looking at the file system. My solution is to not spin disks down ;-)

Well, that's true but now it looks like it's accessing the disk all the time which will slow down the skin so I will get to the bottom of it to sort it out ;-)

I could probably PM you with some file system traces to get you started -- let me know if that would help and when you'd like to start with the data dump. It's easy to see the access with the 'systems internals' procmon in windows. Of course, the filesystem access is going to be dependent on the options for artwork selected, but I pretty much have *everything* on, so my traces are probably a worst case ;-)
(2017-03-21, 02:22)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-16, 21:02)eengert Wrote: With the latest update, now we're back to having the square submenu sitting too low. Can you change it back so that the square submenu line is at the top of the screen in the header area (like it was back in 3.7.52)? Thanks.

I'm still doubting about that. The way you ask it, the widget panel will be over the header so that doesn't look that great.
imo to do it right the header should be hidden if you want the widget panel to take up all the space from top to button.

Hello,

I've disabled the header for the home screen as I did before but the widgets are still low.

is there another way to hide the header so the submenus and widgets are moved to the top?

Thank you for the best skin ever!
(2017-03-21, 11:32)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-21, 09:34)nexus7 Wrote: It seems, that Titan Widgets only support a resolution with HD aspect ratio. Otherwise they appear stretched.
Is this the meant to be behaviour?

edit: Since the last Update the Widget Topic is far to close to the widget images. So when the widget is on focus (with zoom activated) the typo crosses the image slightly.

I´m using the small horizontal Layout.

Can you make a screenshot of the issue please?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

16:12 (1600 x 1200 px)

16:9 (1600 x 900 px)

Despite from the widget distortion with 1600 x 1200 px, you can see in both examples, that the widget topic is to close to the image since the last update.

Another question: How can I reach the filemanager on the new settings-interface? I still have a shortcut in the settings-submenu to the filemanager, but when I use it now, it brings me to the fm but the option for adding a URL source is greyed out.
(2017-03-21, 02:16)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-16, 18:52)spinecho Wrote: However, one thing is spoiling my complete enjoyment of this skin...there appears to be no option for "fixed focus" in Showcase view.

Are you sure you're talking about the Showcase view ? That view only has fixed focus!
Thanks for the reply @marcelveldt.

I'm running latest beta on libreelec Krypton 17.1 (Raybuntu build on Week Play 2) and showcase mode is definitely not fixed focus!!
Please can you help?

Also...How can i uninstall this skin? There's no option? I wish to uninstall and reinstall fresh.

Sent from my SM-G903F
(2017-03-21, 02:26)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-17, 12:51)spinecho Wrote: Another question...On homescreen, how to i get weather widget?
I've selected a widget in the settings but it's not showing weather...

What homescreen layout ?

Also you need to make sure that you've setup a weather provider/addon and a weather icons pack.
LImage

I'm using modern low horizontal home...I can see weather widget if press "up" on remote, but minimal info.
I'd like to be able to see weather info widget automatically like on Aeon Nox skin.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G903F
Hi marcelveldt - still loving the great skin, but I have a couple of requests (it's only small stuff but any help would be appreciated)

1 - is there a way to turn off the IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes etc ratings in the Netflix view? or even select which one(s) are displayed? I can remove them by editing the XML file, but of course the next update puts them back.

2 - when browsing TV episodes in the Big List view, every time I move to another episode, the fanart resets to the TV shows default fanart and I have to wait again if I want to see the extra fanart.
Is there a way to browse episode lists without interrupting the extra fanart slideshow? (have I explained that well enough?)

3 - Also in the Netflix view, the studio logo has a noticeable delay before it changes as I browse movies or TV. Nothing major, but is there a way to assign a studio logo to a library item like we do clearart, logos, poster etc in order to speed up the display? Currently

As I said, none of these stop me using my favourite skin, and I guess you have more important issues, but grateful if you have any thoughts.
Thumbs Down 
Hi could anyone help me out here been using titan windows 10 set up for some time now but it updated and now all my widgets have been replaced by 2 spinning cogs.
Any ideas on how to sort this
(2017-03-21, 02:38)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-17, 20:42)Fake Healer Wrote: I just wanted to try the Titan official after using the Beta. There are sooooo many threads that it's ridiculous to search thru to find an answer for this question......I'm sure it's just me being me but I gotta ask. When trying to "Add" a Menu Shortcut in the Netflix 2 Layout, I cannot. The option is there to add but nothing happens. So my work around was to rename and change the shortcut path. Was this your intention? Also there is something that has a toggle but no text. What's the text?
Thank you for all the hard work. I'm absolutely in love with this. I'll be using it forever!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

As for your issue... I accidentally forgot to update the skinshortcuts script on the repo, I have submitted that just tonight.
You can manually update it if you want, here's a link to the zipfile (use "install from zip" in the addons manager).
https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...1.0.16.zip

You're The best!!! That fixed it.
(2017-03-22, 13:20)peajay18 Wrote: 1 - is there a way to turn off the IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes etc ratings in the Netflix view? or even select which one(s) are displayed? I can remove them by editing the XML file, but of course the next update puts them back.

+1 to make all of the above optional, but in all views, please.
(2017-03-21, 04:04)brazen1 Wrote: I immediately switched to Titan and repeated the test. Pressing down and scrolling continuously, crashes Kodi. Scrolling one by one, I can browse the library. But, I have to wait until drive(s) spin up when entering the library. ONLY the drive(s) that pertain to the (7) titles that are displayed (not simply what is focused) in the horizontal view. Which ever drives pertaining to those titles are now spinning. Now I can navigate. I continue scrolling one by one until I come upon a title that lives in a drive that is NOT spinning yet. Kodi/Titan stall and I can hear the drive starting to spin up. Once it has, I can

OK, I did some testing on my end. Started Process Monitor with a few filters to check for file access on my media NAS.
With extrafanart enabled I immediately saw disk access for the extrafanart images. Disabled it. After that really no files were accessed while scrolling though the list.

Maybe you can do the same test on your setup to determine which files are accessed ?
Also, please double check that you really disabled extrafanart. Í'd also like to know which view you use for the library.

BTW: I'd like to mention that even if we can trace the source why it's accessing your disk you will never ever get this perfect.
Like member @oattes said too, Kodi will do a head checkup every now and than to your images, I believe in fact it does that every 48 hours.
So your disk will have to spin up every once in a while because the etxture cache checks if the image didn't change in the meanwhile.

Also for the sake of completeness I want to point out that spinning your disks down and up is very bad for your disks.
If it happens once a day, OK but multiple times will wear out your disks.

Best case scenario will discover what it is accessing and prevent that from slowing down the UI.
(2017-03-21, 13:16)Joe123 Wrote: Thanks for the latest update. It has restored the MetalliQ context menu.
However now MetalliQ is not working lol.
MetalliQ does NOT work from the Kodi library via the context menu

I know your not the MetalliQ author. Just posting in case its a skin thing...

I still really have no clue what Metalliq is so I'm pretty sure this is NOT a skin thing...
Sorry but I have a really silly question: how can I set the same transparency effect from the top info panel on the entire widgets panel background?
I really can't find the proper option to re enable it, feeling so dumb...

EDIT: nevermind, I found it by myself! Settings->Home layout->Use large widget details panel
(2017-03-22, 23:42)marcelveldt Wrote: With extrafanart enabled I immediately saw disk access for the extrafanart images. Disabled it. After that really no files were accessed while scrolling though the list.
Maybe you can do the same test on your setup to determine which files are accessed ?
Also, please double check that you really disabled extrafanart.

I don't use extrafanart. I use a poster and a logo. I've already uplinked my settings to you. Show fanart background is DISABLED in Titan settings as are many other settings related to artworks.

(2017-03-22, 23:42)marcelveldt Wrote: Í'd also like to know which view you use for the library.

As I stated, Horizontal Panel (52). EVERY other view is disabled in settings.

(2017-03-22, 23:42)marcelveldt Wrote: BTW: I'd like to mention that even if we can trace the source why it's accessing your disk you will never ever get this perfect.
Like member @oattes said too, Kodi will do a head checkup every now and than to your images, I believe in fact it does that every 48 hours.
So your disk will have to spin up every once in a while because the etxture cache checks if the image didn't change in the meanwhile.

I can get it perfect if I use the default Kodi skin. This problem doesn't exist when testing with that but I prefer this one. It's going to become a deal breaker as it shortens the life of my HDD's though and I'd rather help you help me because I really like this skin and you maintain it well. I don't mind the drives spinning up once every 48 hours doing a cache vs folder confirmation. The problem is spinning them up every library browse.

(2017-03-22, 23:42)marcelveldt Wrote: Also for the sake of completeness I want to point out that spinning your disks down and up is very bad for your disks.
If it happens once a day, OK but multiple times will wear out your disks.

Exactly the reason I'd like to help diagnose and repair with you, per your request.
If this is no longer viable, I understand.

Anyway, here is process info you requested. I don't use Sysinternal or any of those 3rd party software. I just use windows built in. Here is what is triggering extra HDD's.

Logo.png $MFT NTFS Master file table
System volume information\EfaSIDat\SYMEFA.db
Poster.gif (.gifs are no longer in userdata folder animatedgifs. I remember you said you moved them but this problem existed when they used to be located there too. Maybe gifs themselves are the underlying problem? I disabled Prefer Animated Poster if available. That setting only disables gifs pulled in from the database, where ever that is. CUSTOM gifs I have manually added (because they are not in the database, although I submitted them to someone who said they maintained it and would add them) reside in the title folders with all the artwork. THESE are spinning up drive(s) to access.

Hmmmm, I am getting somewhere now. I added CUSTOM gifs to Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.module.metadatautils and to Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.module.skin.helper.artutils. This is no longer accessing HDD's. Fixed now, sort of. That one is my own fault and anyone else doing the same.
*EDIT*
A day has went by and now HDD's are being called for gifs again. I'm lost at this point. I do know it is accessing drives for animated poster .gifs and nothing else because logo is disabled in skin. With logo enabled, it too accesses drives.

logo.png is the only problem now. This is still being accessed from HDD's.
If I disable Show Clear Logo if available top center, logo.png is no longer accessed and all is well. I have custom logo but nothing custom being accessed. These are in database scraper.
I would like to use logo and clearlogo if possible but will turn off for now. Maybe you can help with this and check skin code? I don't think it's me? Thank you for the hints. Happy!
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Marcel,

Ever since the latest Titan Skin Update (3.6.120) as well as Titan 3.7.55+ when I use the "Video Source" as a widget, ALL files in the folder show up across the screen. Meaning if I have a .JPG for a video, it shows up, and so does the poster art associated with the video. If I have a .NFO file, it will also show up. So an example, if I have 4 files for a movie of differing file extensions, I will see 4 posters for the same move across the screen, with the file name below it.

I can verify that 3.7.23 is GOOD - so this was fine before the change to the multi-widget stuff...

Could you please help to restore how it used to function when using a folder location for Video Source as a widget?

It used to only show one poster for the actual video or tv show.

Thank you kindly.

Screenshot:

watch gallery

*UPDATE*

I was able to figure this out for ANYONE that is experiencing this. Make a playlist and filter by path. Then use the Playlist you created instead of the "Sources" option. Use path contains
When I hit the Play With shortcut (Y) the menu is not fully visible.

http://i.magaimg.net/img/94z.png
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)6