• 7(current)
v17 Pellucid [Kodi Krypton]
@thedeadman was your reply. Try updating it thru my add-ons but it only has version 1.1.0

Also I don't know if this was fix in the new version. When I try to edit the video playlist I remove everything but TV shows still appears.

Request
* Turn off the video , music ,and picture playlist menu
* In the main screen when I click left it bring the menu. If I click left again it bring the option to edit my menu and it takes me to setting. Is there anyway to turn off that as well.

Anyway thank for the great theme
Thanks Peconaut,

It takes a little time for my updates to go live on the official repository. Version 1.1.1 will be available today I hope.

Can you tell me more about what you are trying to do? Are you trying to stop people getting to the settings? If so, you might want to look at creating separate user profiles instead.

If you try to remove *everything* from a menu, it will probably break. That's not something I can do anything about i'm afraid. My advice:

1. Create the menu items you want to see first.
2. Delete the ones you do not want after that (however, you cannot remove the 'settings' menu item. To do so would cause serious problems).

I'm not going to remove the video, music and picture menus. However, to achieve the same effect:

1. Start by making the homescreen / main menu the way you want it
2. Make any remaining menus (e.g. videos, pictures etc) the same as the homescreen / main menu.

I will add a user option to remove the 'edit menu' button as part of the next update.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
I just tried this skin and is very nice, good looking and clear. I would like to have more views though(mostly a view with movie/tvshow info) but as I read it's not gonna happen. Because I like this skin I found a way to show this information by assign it to a remote' s key. The only problem now is that I wanted a bigger font in this. So can you guide me which file and entry need to change to have a bigger font in the video information text?
Thanks in advance.
EDIT:
Nevermind, I found it myself. I edited the Font.xml and add an entry "videoInfo" with a larger font. Then I edited the DialogVideoInfo.xml file and I changed the font entry in line '419'(in control type="textbox") to "videoInfo".
dancaer69: Good stuff. That will do the trick. Glad you like the skin.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2017-03-17, 14:53)thedeadman Wrote: Thanks Peconaut,

It takes a little time for my updates to go live on the official repository. Version 1.1.1 will be available today I hope.

Can you tell me more about what you are trying to do? Are you trying to stop people getting to the settings? If so, you might want to look at creating separate user profiles instead.

If you try to remove *everything* from a menu, it will probably break. That's not something I can do anything about i'm afraid. My advice:

1. Create the menu items you want to see first.
2. Delete the ones you do not want after that (however, you cannot remove the 'settings' menu item. To do so would cause serious problems).

I'm not going to remove the video, music and picture menus. However, to achieve the same effect:

1. Start by making the homescreen / main menu the way you want it
2. Make any remaining menus (e.g. videos, pictures etc) the same as the homescreen / main menu.

I will add a user option to remove the 'edit menu' button as part of the next update.

I will follow you suggestion and thank you for removing that setting in the menu. Keep up the great work
@thedeadman I update to version 1.1.1 just found this bug.

I when to skin setting then video setting and delete all shortcut so I can put my own custom shortcut. Then when to the home screen and let the skin build it. When I check on the custom.shortchut everything was good but it still show the custom TV Shows shortcut. I couldn't get rid of that shortcut not matter what I did.

Also I download the Kodi add-ons call auto completion for virtual keyboard and it didn't work. Is there anyway you could implemented
Hi Peconaut,

I cannot replicate the problem you have with the menus. Please restore them to the default before trying again: (restore menu items -> reset to skin defaults). If this does not work, you can try changing TV Shows to something else (select it, change the action, change the label).

Keyboard auto completion will be included in the next update of this skin.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2017-03-19, 22:22)thedeadman Wrote: Hi Peconaut,

I cannot replicate the problem you have with the menus. Please restore them to the default before trying again: (restore menu items -> reset to skin defaults). If this does not work, you can try changing TV Shows to something else (select it, change the action, change the label).

Keyboard auto completion will be included in the next update of this skin.

I try that and no luck. I decided to record my screen so you could get a better idea. I test this out on Nexus Player, Rasberry Pi 3 running OSMC, and Surface Pro 4 (Windows 10) running the Kodi App from Windows Store. Had to same result with all devices.
Sorry for low quality
Hey Chris,

I've been using Maximinimalism for a while on Kodi v14, and have just recently upgraded to v17. I think I love Pellucid even more than what I was using before, this skin is amazing. I saw that a while ago you discussed the idea of allowing Pellucid to be customized into a sort-of Maximinimalism v2. Have you thought any further about this since Krypton came out? Pellucid is better than Maximinimalism in every way in my opinion, except that I prefer to have my main-menu options front and center of the screen, rather than off to the side. I will be looking into customizing the skin myself to do this, but I'm sure that will take me a while. I'll also be looking into changing the menu labels to the unicode symbols from symbols.ttf used back in Maximinimalism. Would love to hear your thoughts about this, or any advice

Thanks a lot, keep it up!
@PECONAUT: Thanks - that video is extremely helpful. Using a fresh install I've replicated the bug. I'll get that fixed for the next update and let you know as soon as it is on my Github if you want the fix sooner.

@SupImDos: Thanks a lot, i'm glad you like it!

It has been a long time since I looked at Maximinimalism to be honest. There are still parts of it that I like though - one day I might do a second version. However, I consider it really important to live with the products that I make, and it's difficult to maintain two skins given the amount of work they take to create and maintain. Never say never though..

In terms of restoring the menu to be like it was, the content listings will need adjusting to reduce their screen estate. That will be the bulk of the work. Easy enough for most, but things like the tv seasons and spotlight views will be a challenge as they are designed to be fullscreen. The rest is just removing the animations that show/hide the menu.

As for the font, the symbol.ttf in Pellucid is different from the one used in Maxi[.] The principle is the same though. You'll want a font viewer to get the glyphs - I use FontExplorer X Pro. A bunch of skins use symbol fonts now, so there's plenty of options.

Cheers!
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Would it be possible to add some kind of visual clue in the video OSD which shows the the position you would move to when using skip? Right now the OSD shows the skip amount using text, but a visual clue on the video timeline would also be nice.
Managed to get the Maxi modification working. Still a few bugs to iron out with opening the Video Library and Music Library, but other than that, exactly what I wanted. Thanks for the help!

Cool!

21 degrees C... Wish I could say the same...
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
@solbero: will see what I can do.

General users...

An alpha version of V1.2 is now on my Github. For those of you who have extensive artwork collections, I hope you like what i've got for you... Pull up the info on a movie or tvshow, then push left to browse.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Thank for the update and ill check the github
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pellucid [Kodi Krypton]2