• 16(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
(2017-03-20, 14:28)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 12:37)Kr1ss Wrote: What about adding a “switch to full screen“ button to the player controls in the main menu ?
Would be nice e.g. for users with a fire tv remote control. Wink

And, maybe as an idea for future releases, it would be great to give some viewtypes the option to show the discart of movies and/or albums with the covers.

You're saying remote users have no way of returning to full-screen?! I wasn't aware of this. There is a shortcut on my keyboard that always returns to full-screen, and also, when I press back, I return to full-screen. I just always presumed that something similar exists on remotes?

Could you check? If nothing works, I will code in a solution. Not sure if there's room enough to add-in another button, how about if you go up from the focused mini-controls, you go to full-screen?

Yes, I was thinking of using more artwork in the future, but I'd have to see how to make it nice-looking, and not too cluttered. For starters, a RightList and LowList views, when I finally find enough time to make them, should feature this and should work for both music and films.

My workaround is to map the fast forward button in the home screen to switch to full screen view (couldn't use the menu button 'cause that opens the favorites or when long-pressed the Quicknav menu).
Back home tonight, I gonna try what the back button does when using the standard keymap; but if I remember correctly, it either opened the shutdown menu or did nothing.

Pressing up in the player controls for FS view would btw be a quite comfortable solution, I guess.

EDIT : Tried the default keymap and the behavior of the back button is to give you the full screen, as you assumed. Long pressing opens the shutdown menu; so no need to change anything. Blush
Seems I overwrote this by myself with some change in the keymap... Sorry !

Concerning the artwork extensions, I totally agree this is not high-priority... Angel
but especially a RightList would be a nice feature.
Hi Alanon,

I appreciate you taking over this great skin & keeping it alive & as far as I can see you are doing a great job.
Currently I am still using the old MOD on Jarvis & currently have an issue & wondered if you might be able to give some advice to what the issue might be & how to fix it.
The problem I am getting, & I assume was caused by a recent dependecy update, is that the movie duration & info to do with sets i.e. mini set posters & list of set movies & years, is not showing up. The movie duration is being recognised because the finish time is updating for each movie.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Just a suggestion, but would it be possible to relocate the 'submenu' to the bottom of the home screen? For example, when you push the down arrow, the home bar and widget scoot up and the submenu appears at the very of the home screen. Pushing up arrow would return to normal home screen and up again would enter widget mode.
(2017-03-20, 22:37)taurus35 Wrote: Hi Alanon,

I appreciate you taking over this great skin & keeping it alive & as far as I can see you are doing a great job.
Currently I am still using the old MOD on Jarvis & currently have an issue & wondered if you might be able to give some advice to what the issue might be & how to fix it.
The problem I am getting, & I assume was caused by a recent dependecy update, is that the movie duration & info to do with sets i.e. mini set posters & list of set movies & years, is not showing up. The movie duration is being recognised because the finish time is updating for each movie.

The movie set display was broken due to the changes in the Skin Helper add-ons. Sadly, not much about it can be done, aside from updating everything in the skin pertaining to the SH add-on suite. The easy way to fix this would be to revert to the (old) version of skin helper service that used the calls that are in the skin. However, this will mess up your other skins, which presumably do use the latest skin helper add-ons.

Sadly, I can't provide any special support for the Jarvis version. I've never modded the Jarvis skin, and it's quite different from the Krypton one. So I'd need time to reacquaint myself with the structure, etc. and I haven't the time, nor the actual Kodi Jarvis to test it out on. Personally, I'd recommend you coming over to Krypton. 17.1 is coming soon, and so far it's proven to be as stable as it's going to get.

If not, you can try to go the skin helper wiki on github and note the latest calls collected there. The SH changelogs should probably alert you to the calls that were changed. You can then use something like Notepad++ to batch search and replace the old calls with the new ones. I've no idea just how many of the calls were deprecated in the meantime, nor just how much work is there to be done. Undecided

(2017-03-21, 00:04)DaveJr Wrote: Just a suggestion, but would it be possible to relocate the 'submenu' to the bottom of the home screen? For example, when you push the down arrow, the home bar and widget scoot up and the submenu appears at the very of the home screen. Pushing up arrow would return to normal home screen and up again would enter widget mode.

Well, the answer is yes and no. XD It can be done, and I've tried to do something like that before. The problem is, it goes completely nuts if you're using a mouse. On some views, like text-only, the submenu and home menu go up and down like crazy, since there's so little room. That same lack of space is preventing me from using the solution I've implemented in the current setup. Since I want the skin to be as mouse-compatible as possible, I've had to give up on this for the time being. Confused
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
I understand. Smile

I noticed that the widgets repeat. Slides to the left every 5 seconds(as it should), however it does the same one twice, then moves on to the next.

EDIT: AH-HA Disabled widget reloading option. Smile

Outstanding skin by the way.
(2017-03-21, 05:02)DaveJr Wrote: I understand. Smile

I noticed that the widgets repeat. Slides to the left every 5 seconds(as it should), however it does the same one twice, then moves on to the next.

EDIT: AH-HA Disabled widget reloading option. Smile

Outstanding skin by the way.

Yes, this option is really only meant as a fallback, when the persisting widgets are not working properly. I'll add an entry in the FAQ later today.

If you or any other user have questions about the skin, or ideas on points that can be included in the FAQ to clarify some things, please let me know!

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-03-20, 14:05)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2017-03-18, 17:47)FLHTCUSE3 Wrote: Just throwing this out there for the Mods - It's almost like this thread/skin could use it's own section. Too many different issues are thrown into one thread and having it's own section would allow it to be split up by topic. At one point does a skin diverge so much from it's original to be called it's own?

? This is its own thread.

Sorry, didn't explain it well. Yes, this is its own thread and this thread contains A LOT of varying topics related to this modified skin. Makes it difficult to follow/search for specific issues. My suggestion was to move it to a higher level on the forum so individual topics could be discussed in separate threads.

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-03-21, 02:35)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 22:37)taurus35 Wrote: Hi Alanon,

The movie set display was broken due to the changes in the Skin Helper add-ons. Sadly, not much about it can be done, aside from updating everything in the skin pertaining to the SH add-on suite. The easy way to fix this would be to revert to the (old) version of skin helper service that used the calls that are in the skin. However, this will mess up your other skins, which presumably do use the latest skin helper add-ons.

Sadly, I can't provide any special support for the Jarvis version. I've never modded the Jarvis skin, and it's quite different from the Krypton one. So I'd need time to reacquaint myself with the structure, etc. and I haven't the time, nor the actual Kodi Jarvis to test it out on. Personally, I'd recommend you coming over to Krypton. 17.1 is coming soon, and so far it's proven to be as stable as it's going to get.

If not, you can try to go the skin helper wiki on github and note the latest calls collected there. The SH changelogs should probably alert you to the calls that were changed. You can then use something like Notepad++ to batch search and replace the old calls with the new ones. I've no idea just how many of the calls were deprecated in the meantime, nor just how much work is there to be done. Undecided

Alanon,

Thanks very much for your help & advice & was not expecting more than that. I don't use any other skin except the Eminence MOD so am happy to use an older version of the Skin Helper Service & stop it updating for now. I tried it the other day but couldn't find any online, so tried it with two that I have stored on my box. One wouldn't install & said couldn't find a dependency & the other installed but made no difference & didn't seem to change the version number. I tried to uninstall it but Kodi told me it was being used by my skin & one other that was installed but not being used. I'm reluctant to uninstall my skin incase I can't get it back how Iike it, but might give it a go soon.
Sadly I can't switch to Krypton yet as it's not stable on my Wetek Core I use, there is an issue of major lag after half hour or so of use. I do plan to switrch & use your MOD as soon as the Devs sort it.
Thanks & keep up the great work.
(2017-03-21, 22:47)taurus35 Wrote: Alanon,

Thanks very much for your help & advice & was not expecting more than that. I don't use any other skin except the Eminence MOD so am happy to use an older version of the Skin Helper Service & stop it updating for now. I tried it the other day but couldn't find any online, so tried it with two that I have stored on my box. One wouldn't install & said couldn't find a dependency & the other installed but made no difference & didn't seem to change the version number. I tried to uninstall it but Kodi told me it was being used by my skin & one other that was installed but not being used. I'm reluctant to uninstall my skin incase I can't get it back how Iike it, but might give it a go soon.
Sadly I can't switch to Krypton yet as it's not stable on my Wetek Core I use, there is an issue of major lag after half hour or so of use. I do plan to switrch & use your MOD as soon as the Devs sort it.

The thing to do would be to unzip the contents into the add-on folder, overwriting the files present and then start Kodi.

Also, make sure that you don't have multiple skin helper folders left over after your attempts.

(2017-03-21, 23:58)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-21, 22:47)taurus35 Wrote: Alanon,

The thing to do would be to unzip the contents into the add-on folder, overwriting the files present and then start Kodi.

Also, make sure that you don't have multiple skin helper folders left over after your attempts.

Thanks Alanon, I'll give it a go.
I love the work you have done and really appreciate it!

Is there anyway we could do a video background. I think it would be cool to have videos like those pictures you see where the street lights are flickering or fast motion.

I also wondered if you could brighten up the background? Looks like the screen is in sleep mode.

Thank you, Jay
(2017-03-22, 04:06)jayg84 Wrote: I love the work you have done and really appreciate it!

Is there anyway we could do a video background. I think it would be cool to have videos like those pictures you see where the street lights are flickering or fast motion.

I also wondered if you could brighten up the background? Looks like the screen is in sleep mode.

Thank you, Jay

About the video backgrounds, honestly, I'm not sure. The way the skin is currently set-up, it would need to be done through a skin shortcuts feature. At the moment it's not in there. I'll have a look-see, but it's really up to the add-on dev(s).

There are many, many backgrounds in the skin, which in particular are you referring to? The settings background and the library fanart/extrafanart backgrounds can be lighthened by controlling the opacity in Skin Settings / Background / Background colour and opacity. The lesser the opacity, the brighter the image. If you're referring to the main menu backgrounds, as I explained in an earlier post, I can lighten it a bit, but not by much, in order to retain the overall text readability on light fanart images/backgrounds.

Hi everyone, can you let me know how to turn off the notification running on the bottom (RSS bar)?
(2017-03-22, 10:29)deadlock Wrote: Hi everyone, can you let me know how to turn off the notification running on the bottom (RSS bar)?

Settings > Interface > Other > Show RSS news feeds
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thumbs Up 
(2017-03-22, 13:16)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 10:29)deadlock Wrote: Hi everyone, can you let me know how to turn off the notification running on the bottom (RSS bar)?

Settings > Interface > Other > Show RSS news feeds

Thank you very much!
Settings -> Appearance ->Skin -> Show RSS news feeds

I'm search in Eminence 2 Mod Smile
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21